2019 4* OT Xavier Truss (UGA)

ellitor

I think this must be a record, time-wise. The guy commits to UGA before we even get to read all his positive talk about AU and how he's coming back for another visit later. Apparently he commits to the DullDawgs the same day he makes all the those positive comments. I've never seen that before now.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

It takes time to build relationships. Relationships are what wins recruiting battles. JB has been gone  for a couple years so most of these kids are new for him.

I know that this is like your go-to deflection, but you realize that this kid is from Rhode Island, right? What sort of "relationship" do you think that Sam Pittman (UGA) had with this kid? I'm fairly certain that he isn't best-buddies with all the up and coming offensive linemen from the recruiting hotbed that is Rhode Island.  We offered Truss like 20 days after UGA did, we just got beat here, and it wasn't because Grimes was away for a few years.  No one at UGA knew who this kid was a year ago.

I'm not going to underestimate the importance of putting together a great offensive line. It's key.  And I know the coaches understand this. But I'm not going to freak out either just because one big ugly committed to UGA.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I expected us to be doing better with a position like OT where we were shutout last year.

Not sure why, WDE has said from the day we got JB back that OL recruiting would continue to struggle. Heck, I was overly hopeful hoping he was wrong.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think this must be a record, time-wise. The guy commits to UGA before we even get to read all his positive talk about AU and how he's coming back for another visit later. Apparently he commits to the DullDawgs the same day he makes all the those positive comments. I've never seen that before now.

To be fair I wasn't around months ago when he visited AU the 1st time or there would have been a thread on him long ago with those positive comments.

Georgia seems to be getting commits from a lot of 4 and 5 star guys, while we're getting commits from 3 stars guys.

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Georgia seems to be getting commits from a lot of 4 and 5 star guys, while we're getting commits from 3 stars guys.

Yeah. Getting those 3*s Bo Nix, George Pickens, Owen Pappoe, & Jalyn Simpson really stinks.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Getting those 3*s Bo Nix, George Pickens, Owen Pappoe, & Jalyn Simpson really stinks.

Preach. We should just pull a Bama and drop them all. 

Not to jump on a kid that didn’t choose us...

but not impressed with this kid at all.  Size is all he has.  

If the coaches really wanted him then I wanted him tho

I like McClendon more.  

Also, where’s all the JB support from the peanut gallery of it takes 2 years to build relationships.

Youll be thankful JB is back in the fall when Stidham doesn’t get sacked 6 times a game against defenses with a pulse 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@metafour given the way you treat people like trash you know I don't read your posts right...especially ones quoting me.

Since you obviously read my post, what is your response? Sorry for calling you out on your hilariously irrational excuse.  Here's a free recruiting lesson: coaches from the south, ie: where Georgia is located, don't have long standing "relationships" with recruits who are from the complete other side of the country, especially Rhode Island of all places which doesn't produce enough talent for anyone from Georgia to be heavily "building relationships" in.  Sam Pittman had as much "relationship" with Truss as JB Grimes did: next to nothing.

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Since you obviously read my post, what is your response? Sorry for calling you out on your hilariously irrational excuse.  Here's a free recruiting lesson: coaches from the south, ie: where Georgia is located, don't have long standing "relationships" with recruits who are from the complete other side of the country, especially Rhode Island of all places which doesn't produce enough talent for anyone from Georgia to be heavily recruiting.  Sam Pittman had as much "relationship" with Truss as JB Grimes did: next to nothing.

Pittman is a great recruiting OL coach.  He’s a good developer as well.  Just giving credit where credit is due.  With the linemen UGA already has after signing day you’ll never hear of this kid again... Book it!!

Archived