the X's and O's of Malzahn's Offense

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What makes me most pissed is Bama lost the game, but really won it by injuring Kerryon's shoulder and getting a free pass through SEC Championship weekend

faskjhdfskjfaddaskjfhas

Yes, that is the result of me banging my forehead on the keyboard

"Who is this 'Martin' kid you keep bringing up, Tim? I don't have time for this. We can't run the risk of another turnover so glue KJ's arm back on and feed him the rock. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm'a go 2 knuckles deep in this here gold mine and pick me a winner."

-Excerpt from The X's and O's of Malzahn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the sentiment on this board is consistent and accurate.  At times Gus coaches like the genius he had the reputation of being when he got here.  And we think there’s a chance he could be a great coach.  At other times he coaches like Coach Kline of the Muddogs.  And we want to run him out of town.  

He is very Jekyl and Hyde.  And we want to see more consistency.  Be that great coach every week. (There is absolutely no excuse to let Clemson, LSU, and UCF games happen without adjusting at all).  Or be the idiot coach every week so we can go ahead and start over with a decent coach.  But stop this roller coaster madness!!!  Stop giving us hope just to rip it away when it matters most. You are such a cruel man!

22 hours ago, DAG said:

Overrated the talent ? How? They are top ten talent 64. Are you making this argument and putting the onus on other fans for their expectations ?

Top ten in recruiting....but consider that some of the top talent the past few years did not survive for one reason or the other and perhaps more important, every year we play four or 5 teams with better recruiting classes. 

Fans can expect whatever they wish.  I was gonna say "whatever makes them happy"....but for AU fans, seems many prefer to believe whatever gives them reason to be unhappy.    Meanwhile,  I'm still waiting on the names of a couple guys who might be preferred as our coach if we could change tomorrow.  That's always good for a few laughs too.  

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile,  I'm still waiting on the names of a couple guys who might be preferred as our coach if we could change tomorrow.  That's always good for a few laughs too.  

Not sure who you're waiting on to provide them or why, but you might be waiting awhile.

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Top ten in recruiting....but consider that some of the top talent the past few years did not survive for one reason or the other and perhaps more important, every year we play four or 5 teams with better recruiting classes. 

Fans can expect whatever they wish.  I was gonna say "whatever makes them happy"....but for AU fans, seems many prefer to believe whatever gives them reason to be unhappy.    Meanwhile,  I'm still waiting on the names of a couple guys who might be preferred as our coach if we could change tomorrow.  That's always good for a few laughs too.  

Don't get me wrong.  I am a positive guy in life.  But I'm also realistic.  I love pizza...but am disappointed when it has pineapple.  I love beer....but am disappointed when it's skunky.  I love my girls....but am disappointed when they act like knuckleheads.

My point is; Are you actually just 100% happy with Auburn football's performance under Gus the last 4 years and wouldn't change a thing?  .... serious question.

It IS a discussion forum so I do believe you're allowed to discuss both good and bad.  ...yes, even you.  Mikey won't attack you TOO bad. ?

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I am a positive guy in life.  But I'm also realistic.  I love pizza...but am disappointed when it has pineapple.  I love beer....but am disappointed when it's skunky.  I love my girls....but am disappointed when they act like knuckleheads.

My point is; Are you actually just 100% happy with Auburn football's performance under Gus the last 4 years and wouldn't change a thing?  .... serious question.

It IS a discussion forum so I do believe you're allowed to discuss both good and bad.  ...yes, even you.  Mikey won't attack you TOO bad. ?

I like it on the rare occasions that we disagree because it just reminds me how much I like you and respect your opinions on things. 

And 64, he insists on interpreting "Gus could do some things better" as "Gus is a puppy-kicking SOB who should be forced to listen to Aerosmith's post-heroin albums on repeat". He and Mikey hold the entire board accountable for things we haven't said. Okay, so a few drunk folks said emotional things in the game threads 7 months ago and A4E is A4E, just like every season. It's frustrating. I keep saying I'll give up and let them do their thing in peace, but I've failed so far. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I like it on the rare occasions that we disagree because it just reminds me how much I like you and respect your opinions on things. 

And 64, he insists on interpreting "Gus could do some things better" as "Gus is a puppy-kicking SOB who should be forced to listen to Aerosmith's post-heroin albums on repeat". He and Mikey hold the entire board accountable for things we haven't said. Okay, so a few drunk folks said emotional things in the game threads 7 months ago and A4E is A4E, just like every season. It's frustrating. I keep saying I'll give up and let them do their thing in peace, but I've failed so far. 

You too buddy but, we never disagree.  We just, together, see both sides of the equation.  So when we "disagree" we're just being "well rounded".  ?. ....but at least you're not trying to convince me that you like skunky beer.

Yeah, I don't understand the inability of some (on either side) to say "it could be better" or "it could be worse".  Without critical thinking, what's the point of discussion (a forum)?  .....and we're just discussing it as fans...not like we think we're going to have any bearing on real outcomes.  Oh well..

As for game threads?  I stay away from those.  Those people are bi-polar!!!!

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

1. Saban

2. Urban Meyer 

since we we are going to play this game .

Also, can you stop making that excuse? Yes, the excuse that we play 4 or 5 teams who recruit better? You just said not too long ago that that wasn’t a valid excuse for Dan Mullen. How can you possibly make that excuse for Gus?

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Checked in, found the best thread of the summer. Used a lot of thumbs upses. 

Every single one is special and unique to me. 

You made someone smile today. 

Geez.  When I read most of the negativity in these posts if I did not know better I would have thought we went 0 and 12 last year.  To all of you armchair coaches who believe you have all the answers, I guess the next college game you coach will be your first.  Give me a break.  Let's get down off our high horses and admit that if you had it all figured out, you would actually be an offensive coordinator or a head coach and you wouldn't be posting on some AU related board.

JWShewmake

12 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Geez.  When I read most of the negativity in these posts if I did not know better I would have thought we went 0 and 12 last year.  To all of you armchair coaches who believe you have all the answers, I guess the next college game you coach will be your first.  Give me a break.  Let's get down off our high horses and admit that if you had it all figured out, you would actually be an offensive coordinator or a head coach and you wouldn't be posting on some AU related board.

JWShewmake

3025692a1ca773724404e497ba1b830d.jpg

11 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

Can you point out the one who said he had all the answers? That guy sucks and we need to take him down! TIA

53 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Checked in, found the best thread of the summer. Used a lot of thumbs upses. 

DearCreativeAcouchi-max-1mb.gif

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Can you point out the one who said he had all the answers? That guy sucks and we need to take him down! TIA

:outtahere:

1 hour ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

I only have one question after reading this....

why did you sign off to your post at the end ? Does that make it more professional ?

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Exactly right on recruiting. In the SEC, we routinely finish behind Bama and UGA, and often behind LSU.  Now we have TAMU to contend with. Throw in the likes of Clemson and Washington on the schedule and there’s little room for error. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I only have one question after reading this....

why did you sign off to your post at the end ? Does that make it more professional ?

My name is WDE_OxPx_2010 and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Exactly right on recruiting. In the SEC, we routinely finish behind Bama and UGA, and often behind LSU.  Now we have TAMU to contend with. Throw in the likes of Clemson and Washington on the schedule and there’s little room for error. 

So why are we losing to the likes of UCF? Why are we 3-2 against Mississippi State? How does Wisconsin beat us in a bowl game in 2014? Asking for a friend. 

How did we lose to UGA in 2016? Why are we never prepared for the 1st game of the season, but our opponent somehow is? How did my 10 yr old daughter know what play Gus was gonna run on every first down?....and why does she still know it will be the same play 4 years later?  :)

I wouldn't mind Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson as long as we are throwing names around in a fictitious scenario.  ;)~

Archived