Corey Lewandowski mocks separation of 10-year old Down syndrome girl from parents at the border

TitanTiger

What an absolutely disgusting individual.  These are the sorts of people who ran our President's campaign and had his ear.  No matter what you think about immigration, mockingly doing the 'sad trombone' sound over a 10-year old girl with Down syndrome being separated from her mother reveals a blackness and callousness of heart that no further words will ever explain away.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What an absolutely disgusting individual.  These are the sorts of people who ran our President's campaign and had his ear.  No matter what you think about immigration, mockingly doing the 'sad trombone' sound over a 10-year old girl with Down syndrome being separated from her mother reveals a blackness and callousness of heart that no further words will ever explain away.

Still has his ear. His kind of guy.

And I'm sure he would consider himself pro-life. He's a disgusting, vile human being.

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Could be.  But that doesn't absolve Lewandowski of his response, even it it turns out to be true.

Not trying to absolve Lewandowski or anyone else of uttering dumb interview comments or of making twitter/facebook postings.  The underlying issue is the media outrage (du jour) over "separating families at the border."  There appears to be precious little analysis over whether or not "separating families" is a legitimate practice -- now, or at any time in the past.  Continue with excoriating Lewandowski. 

1 minute ago, AUloggerhead said:

Not trying to absolve Lewandowski or anyone else of uttering dumb interview comments or of making twitter/facebook postings.  The underlying issue is the media outrage (du jour) over "separating families at the border."  There appears to be precious little analysis over whether or not "separating families" is a legitimate practice -- now, or at any time in the past.  Continue with excoriating Lewandowski. 

Well, that might be the case on the broader issue, but the subject of this thread was to call out CL for being a black-hearted a**hole.  Even if you think the separations are totally for legit reasons, you don't do what he did.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I thought he was mocking Zac. I could be wrong. 

You know, its one thing with adults taking shots at each other (even though many are petty), but to go after a sick child. This guy is one of the biggest POS in the US.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:05 PM, AUFAN78 said:

If he was, he didn't take the opportunity to give that explanation when he refused to apologize for it:

"An apology? I owe an apology to the children whose parents are putting them in a position that is forcing them to be separated. We owe an apology to Jamiel Shaw and Brian Terry and Kate Steinle's family who have allowed those individuals to be killed by illegal aliens," Lewandowski said. "The American people owe an apology to those people. When you cross the border illegally, you have committed a crime and there is accountability for committing crimes and there should be."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/corey-lewandowski-undocumented-immigrant-womp-womp/index.html

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

The haters would never accept that even if true.

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The haters would never accept that even if true.

Well the great thing is, we'll never know because it isn't.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Well the great thing is, we'll never know because it isn't.

How do you know that for sure. Only he knows. Just unprovable speculation.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

How do you know that for sure. 

Because I have a working brain.  He was mocking the situation.  You know it even if you refuse to admit it.  And he knows it, which is why when pressed about apologizing he didn't try to use such a cop out.

He's a dirtbag.  You don't owe him anything, PT.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Because I have a working brain.  He was mocking the situation.  You know it even if you refuse to admit it.  And he knows it, which is why when pressed about apologizing he didn't try to use such a cop out.

He's a dirtbag.  You don't owe him anything, PT.

You are right and neither does Trump except the people who voted for him because of the promises he made and is keeping as best he can.

Maybe he should have spoken with a little more consideration and thought when he made promises then.  Shooting one's mouth off tends to get you in situations like this.

LMAO. I thought it was hilarious.

The fake outrage by the weirdo on the right was the icing on the stupid cake.

Their acting and fake outrage would be right at home on some WWE.... Actually, now that I think about it the Rock would have done a better job at it.

It was definitely a bonehead comment. Trying to think of it fairly though, couldnt the "whomp whomp" have been a knee jerk type of comment in response to all the over the top, melodramatic, political theatrics that so many are taking part of to try and paint us all a picture in our minds of Nazi Aushwitz type concentration camps all over our border set up by Trump, and not specifically the child?

Having asked that, to be clear, I think the issue with this girl and her situation, as well as all the children involved in the border issue is a horrible situation. I dont see how anyone couldn't see it any other way, and thats why I am struggling to believe that the "whomp whomp" was truly directed at kid with autism.  I can see being frustrated with false narratives though.  I really do not know much about this guy. For all I know, he could really be some kinda psychopathic A-hole.I dont know, but without knowing the guy, this all seems like food for the frenzy.  Bonehead comment regardless though.

18 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

It was definitely a bonehead comment. Trying to think of it fairly though, couldnt the "whomp whomp" have been a knee jerk type of comment in response to all the over the top, melodramatic, political theatrics that so many are taking part of to try and paint us all a picture in our minds of Nazi Aushwitz type concentration camps all over our border set up by Trump, and not specifically the child?

It was more than boneheaded.  Boneheaded implies that it was done absentmindedly or unintentionally.  A mistake.

As far as the explanation for the comment, I'd say it's unlikely for two reasons:

1.  It's Corey Lewandowski.  His reputation alone precludes giving that douchecanoe the benefit of the doubt.

2. If that was his reasoning, with all the heat he's taken he would have put that explanation out there by now.  Instead he's doubling down.  He might weakly attempt to employ it now, but no one would buy it.

Having asked that, to be clear, I think the issue with this girl and her situation, as well as all the children involved in the border issue is a horrible situation. I dont see how anyone couldn't see it any other way, and thats why I am struggling to believe that the "whomp whomp" was truly directed at kid with autism.  I can see being frustrated with false narratives though.  I really do not know much about this guy. For all I know, he could really be some kinda psychopathic A-hole.I dont know, but without knowing the guy, this all seems like food for the frenzy.  Bonehead comment regardless though.

I think the difficulty you're having is that you are like most people in this country and expect folks to be rational and to have a modicum of human decency.  But time and again, people associated with Trump like Stephen Miller, Bannon, and Lewandowski prove to us that they are not like most people in this regard. 

11 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are right and neither does Trump except the people who voted for him because of the promises he made and is keeping as best he can.

Seriously?

Man, that's a sick perspective of the office.

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

Archived