Brant Ust new Associate AD

aubiefifty

al.com

Auburn hires Notre Dame's Brant Ust for new associate AD position

Updated Jun 19, 7:11 PM; Posted Jun 19, 6:09 PM

3-4 minutes

Allen Greene has added a new position to Auburn's athletic department.

Brant Ust, a former Major League baseball player who most recently as an assistant athletic director and executive director of the Notre Dame Monogram Club, has been hired to a newly created associate athletic director for administration.

"He's going to help support the day-to-day operations of the athletics department," Greene said before Auburn's Ambush tour stop in Newnan, Ga. on Tuesday. "All the internal stuff, working with (chief operating officer) Marcy Girton to make sure that we're efficient and effective in serving our student-athletes."

The hiring of Ust comes two weeks after Greene fired six Auburn athletics administrators.

Auburn AD Allen Greene discusses administrative shakeup

Greene shared with AL.com what went into thought process in shaking up Auburn's athletic department.

Ust served in his last role at Notre Dame, where he played college baseball with Greene, for three years. He managed the Notre Dame Monogram Club's staff, activities, outreach and engagement, oversaw special events and reunions of former players. He was also the sports administrator for the men's golf program.

"I am truly appreciative of the professional experiences and opportunities I've had while at Notre Dame," Ust said in a statement. "I would like to thank Allen Greene and Marcy Girton for the opportunity to join the Auburn family and am excited to begin working to deliver the best experience for student-athletes, coaches and the Auburn community. War Eagle!"

Prior to his time at his alma mater, Ust worked with USA Baseball from 2010-14, serving as director of the 18U National Team program & Alumni Relations.

"We've known each other for 20 years or so," Greene said. "In fact, we're actually from the same city in Seattle by and large, so there's some connections there that go back a ways. We didn't know each other in high school, we were teammates during college for my two years there we overlapped.

"We've not worked together before but we've known each other. I'm really impressed with the comments that people at Notre Dame have and had about him. He's a tremendous mind. He's very inquisitive; he asks a lot of questions. He played professional baseball for nine years so he's been through that battle. He's worked with USA Baseball so he gets the dynamic. I think he'll be a great addition to our staff."

A native of Redmond, Washington, Ust was the Big East Rookie of the Year for the Fighting Irish in 1997, the league's Player of the Year in 1998 and a third-team All-American.

He was a sixth-round pick of the Detroit Tigers in 1999 and played nine years with the Tigers, Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners. He was an assistant baseball coach at Michigan following his playing career.

• WarTiger changed the title to Brant Ust new Associate AD

Now that we have some Notre Dame guys on the Plains, maybe we'll get Notre Dame on our future home and home schedules.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Now that we have some Notre Dame guys on the Plains, maybe we'll get Notre Dame on our future home and home schedules.

Or maybe wear green jerseys again...

50 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Having Notre Dame play in Jordan-Hare would be HUGE and all of y'all know it.

Maybe if it was 1987

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, auburn4ever said:

Well this was nothing if not predictable.

• 3 weeks later...

Was Aesop's tortoise Greene?

"Evin Beck has been hired as an associate athletics director for external relations, Auburn Undercover has learned. Beck was hired away from Georgia, where he was an assistant athletics director for development...Beck will not be involved in fundraising at Auburn despite more than a decade of doing so at Duke, Ole Miss, Georgia. He is expected to oversee communications, marketing, ticketing and Auburn Sports Properties at Auburn."

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-hires-away-Georgia-assistant-athletics-director-Evin-Beck-119913838/

Archived