2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett Commit to AU!

ellitor

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

This guy approves and with a similar name and despite his lone wolf tendencies wants Pritchett around for those reasons:

EF8CA442-078E-42CE-829B-BF80133A2419.gif

One of my all time favorite movie 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Rivals update a couple days ago...

In-state CB has Auburn on top, decision soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

@JLeeAURivals

Auburn lost in-state cornerbackCordale Flott to LSU in June, but could replace him soon on the commitment list with another in-state cornerback.

Jackson’s Nehemiah Pritchett, who earned an offer from Auburn after an impressive summer camp performance, has Auburn atop his list and plans to make his commitment this summer.

“Auburn is still No. 1,” Pritchett said. “And I definitely will make my commitment before my senior season kicks off.”

That doesn’t leave Pritchett much time. Jackson opens its season Aug. 30 against Clarke County. Pritchett plans to return to Auburn at least once more before then.

“I’ll be back to Auburn for the Cookout (July 28),” Pritchett said. “I like it at Auburn. The coaches, I love how they get along with all the players, and it feels like home to me.”

Pritchett also is considering Ole Miss, Memphis and Troy, but the three may not be able to overcome the lead Auburn currently has.

“I really want to go ahead and get my commitment out of the way,” Pritchett said. “And Auburn is on top. They are No. 1.”

Pritchett, who is six feet tall and weighs 170 pounds, is being recruited by Auburn defensive backs coach Greg Brown to play cornerback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just now, McLoofus said:

I'm cool with it. This is the freaky fast kid, right?

YES!!! I am not totally worthless when it comes to info about this kid. the AU recruiting experts have been hinting he might be committing anytime for awhile now.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

YES!!! I am not totally worthless when it comes to info about this kid. the AU recruiting experts have been hinting he might be committing anytime for awhile now.

Okay, thanks, that's what I thought. He was one of those out of nowhere on the spot guys, but then he faded from the conversation, but I'm glad he's still in it. I'm of the opinion that there is room for a 4.3 type guy in every class. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, thanks, that's what I thought. He was one of those out of nowhere on the spot guys, but then he faded from the conversation, but I'm glad he's still in it. I'm of the opinion that there is room for a 4.3 type guy in every class. 

You are right. Seemed like one of those kids who would of committed on the spot when we offered like that speedy WR J Johnson did. Maybe it was not commitable at first but it is now? Either way you are right. It is so exciting to have a kid back there with speed like that. OUR GUY GOOBER BROWN has a lot of clay to work with to mold him in to a stud baby!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are right. Seemed like one of those kids who would of committed on the spot when we offered like that speedy WR J Johnson did. Maybe it was not commitable at first but it is now? Either way you are right. It is so exciting to have a kid back there with speed like that. OUR GUY GOOBER BROWN has a lot of clay to work with to mold him in to a stud baby!!!!!!

I'm guessing you're right? We shall see. Woot!

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm guessing you're right? We shall see. Woot!

WOOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOOO BABY!!!!!! WAR DAMN!

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Maybe it was not commitable at first but it is now?

I wonder if this is a sign that Booth is out.  No that they wouldn't still take Booth if he changed his mind.

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I wonder if this is a sign that Booth is out.  No that they wouldn't still take Booth if he changed his mind.

Don't take it that way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's been interesting. Right after the offer Keith was adamant NP was a take then the past couple weeks said he wasn't sure. Now there's chatter else where he is a take.

I will say this now as I will not voice it if NP commits to AU. If we get Booth I look at the last DB spot as NP or Zion Puckett. I'd rather have Zion Puckett. We lead with him too & he's a flat out stud. As high as Zion is ranked I think he is underrated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I wonder if this is a sign that Booth is out

Nope. We are very much in it with Booth & should get a visit from him him week sometime.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we get Booth I look at the last DB spot as NP or Zion Puckett. I'd rather have Zion Puckett. We lead with him too & he's a flat out stud. As high as Zion is ranked I think he is underrated.

So on the other hand, if we don't get Booth, do we take this kid and Puckett?

Puckett seems like a guy capable of playing Nickel/Safety as well. I’m not sure he and Pritchett are interchangeable or mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

So on the other hand, if we don't get Booth, do we take this kid and Puckett?

Don't know but I hope we don't have to find out. That's why I'm not sure NP is a take right now.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know but I hope we don't have to find out.

Puckett turned a lot of heads at a camp and was offered. I'm not sure who or what strategy we have going at the CB spot. Lots of guys we lead for.  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Puckett seems like a guy capable of playing Nickel/Safety as well. I’m not sure he and Pritchett are interchangeable or mutually exclusive. 

Can only take so many players. Counting Handy Holly going on scholly next year we have 3 DBs for 2019 & 14 total for the class right now. If we get Booth & Zion that's 5 DBs. With needs at other positions I don't think there is room to take 6 DBs unless we miss on enough guys at other positions where we will take a 6th DB as best available. We still plan on 1 more WR & RB: 2 more OL & LB, 3 more DL. Along with the 2 DBs of Booth & Zion that would be your 25. Also there has been no talk of Zion as a Safety yet. Woodson & Brown like him as a CB & Nickel.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can only take so many players. Counting Handy Holly going on scholly next year we have 3 DBs for 2019 & 14 total for the class right now. If we get Booth & Zion that's 5 DBs. With needs at other positions I don't think there is room to take 6 DBs unless we miss on enough guys at other positions where we will take a 6th DB as best available. We still plan on 1 more WR & RB: 2 more OL & LB, 3 more DL. Along with the 2 DBs of Booth & Zion that would be your 25. Also there has been no talk of Zion as a Safety yet. Woodson & Brown like him as a CB & Nickel.

I disagree.  We have a lot of holes that need to be filled on the back end due to some not panning out. Our depth is very thin. Just look at our 2nd string corners...a tFR and a newly converted WR. Both are over players that have been here for two to three years.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I disagree.  We have a lot of holes that need to be filled on the back end due to some not panning out. Our depth is very thin. Just look at our 2nd string corners...a tFR and a newly converted WR. Both are over players that have been here for two to three years.

Actually think Iggy is expected to start although I don't see him over Davis & Dean. Haven't heard anything about Tutt being 2nd string CB. Also I know you aren't big on Daniel Thomas but I have heard the staff is loving him right now.

You technically aren't disagreeing with me since I never said we didn't have a lot of holes to fill back there. All I said is there are other plans the staff has & they all can't be filled cramming into 25 in a class.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good/bad news, I see that we want 2 more OLs, but we might not be able to find 2 more that we could justify taking over guys of these CBs' caliber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Good/bad news, I see that we want 2 more OLs, but we might not be able to find 2 more that we could justify taking over guys of these CBs' caliber. 

This is extremely important in my opinion.  I never like to fill a slot at a position just to fill it if the kid is not starter material.  I know we need OL's and if there are some we can get that we feel very good about contributing then take them.  Just don't take someone because we are low on numbers there if they are going to get beat out by next years recruit at that position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

This is extremely important in my opinion.  I never like to fill a slot at a position just to fill it if the kid is not starter material.  I know we need OL's and if there are some we can get that we feel very good about contributing then take them.  Just don't take someone because we are low on numbers there if they are going to get beat out by next years recruit at that position.

I think you may see another class with a GT OL. They generally compete for a starting spot day 1.

• Like 3

For the rest of the day I'm going to be whispering Puckett Pritchett Puckett Pritchett over and over because its fun to say.

• Haha 1