2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett Commit to AU!

ellitor

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I guess this means we aren’t getting Tyrique Stephenson?

Doesn’t mean that at all. We may now take two more defensive backs including Pritchett being one of them.

This is the 7th DB commit in this class. Plus, four freshmen DB are getting playing time this season. I'm happy for this kid and hope he works out, but I'd prefer some focus on RB, zero so far and LB, one so far.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is the 7th DB commit in this class. Plus, four freshmen DB are getting playing time this season. I'm happy for this kid and hope he works out, but I'd prefer some focus on RB, zero so far and LB, one so far.

That’s not what Gus does...he likes for positions to get razor thin before loading up on twice what he needs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That’s not what Gus does...he likes for positions to get razor thin before loading up on twice what he needs.

I’m not sure what’s more appropriate: the haha or the thanks response. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

7 for 5 positions isnt that bad.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

7 for 5 positions isnt that bad.

Perhaps not in some odd year if other needs have been addressed. Even you should admit that 7 every year is absurd. 7 DB, 7 OL and 6 DL wouldn't leave much for the rest of the team.

Edited by Mikey

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I just looked at Auburn's 16 commitments. I only counted 5 DBs. Am I missing something?

Edited by Auburn Kev

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Perhaps not in some odd year if other needs have been addressed. Even you should admit that 7 every year is absurd. 7 DB, 7 OL and 6 DL wouldn't leave much for the rest of the team.

I agree, 7 every year is too much. That said, DB has been under recruited in since the Davis/Dinson class.  Add to that the underperformance and multiples that have left (Myers, Broussard,Character) and you need a large class this year.

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

7 every year is absurd

We aren't talking 7 every year though. We are talking 7 this year only.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

I just looked at Auburn's 16 commitments. I only counted 5 DBs. Am I missing something?

Look at the OP below. It's the only list on any AU site completely accurate in terms of guys committed or enrolled who will count against our yearly 25 new schollied player limit. We have 5 DBs now. It will be 7 if we take one more & the Minnesota transfer does indeed go on scholly in January or later next year as reported.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

For some reason I thought he was already committed.

It's felt like it hasn't it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I mis-counted by one, sorry. This guy is the sixth DB. Some recruiting sites, for whatever, don't count the transfer guy from b1g country. That may be how you came up with 5.  If we should get the guy from Miami that we're pressing for, he would be #7.

• Like 2