2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett Commit to AU!

ellitor

Picked up an AU offer after impressive camp
Reported ran 2 sub 4.4/40s at the camp
Recently had a good showing head to head against Coedale Flott at a Spring camp.
Could be one to watch the next 5 weeks or so given the way AU seems to be derecruiting Cordale Flott
Keith Niebuhr just picked Pritchett to land at AU FWIW

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

given the way AU seems to be derecruiting Cordale Flott

I thought AU coaches didn't do that, not that I have a problem with it, if there are better players that we can get I say get them.

Numbers are looking really tight. According to some sources, we currently lead for Andrew Booth, Zion Puckett, Jashawn Sheffield, and Nick Cross. If you add those with Jaylin Simpson & Kendarian Handy-Holly then there is no reason to take this kid right now unless we miss out on one of the guys mentioned above.

We took Cordale Flott’s commitment too soon, and we do not need to do that again. I still think we need to go all out for Tyrique Stevenson & Kair Elam (both of who we have connections with) before we take this guy. And yes, I will gladly eat crow if this kid blows up and becomes a STUD.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I thought AU coaches didn't do that, not that I have a problem with it, if there are better players that we can get I say get them.

Not why they are doing it. They are doing it because Flott is not taking his spot seriously. They have derecruited some recruits over the years. People appear to be confusing derecruiting w/ cutting a player loose. They are not the same thing. Cutting a player lose is pulling the offer. The staff rarely does that. When they do it's because of grade or behavioral issues. Derecruiting is not recruiting a player much anymore but the offer would still be honored despite the player feeling no love to stay in the class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to ease your mind our coaches are basing decisions on what they see on film and what they see and hear at their camp. They know what this kid can run, how he back pedals how he breaks on the ball, how he acts when its hot, how respectful he is to coaches and how his teammates look up to him, just to name a few. They are not taking a recruiting services word in a rating for that. They weighed him and measured him themselves. They know if he is 6'0" not having to take somebody else's word for that. If they know all this and know how important it is to win at AU and believe he can play winning SEC football then to heck with all the rating services in the country sign him up. I can assure you they know a whole lot more about these things than we do. So if they say he can play and want him in the class right now then lets please not star gaze and be supportive. Just my two cents.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Numbers are looking really tight. According to some sources, we currently lead for Andrew Booth, Zion Puckett, Jashawn Sheffield, and Nick Cross. If you add those with Jaylin Simpson & Kendarian Handy-Holly then there is no reason to take this kid right now unless we miss out on one of the guys mentioned above.

We took Cordale Flott’s commitment too soon, and we do not need to do that again. I still think we need to go all out for Tyrique Stevenson & Kair Elam (both of who we have connections with) before we take this guy. And yes, I will gladly eat crow if this kid blows up and becomes a STUD.

Booth may be 50/50. Some say he is going back & forth between AU & Clemson.

As for the rest, again our staff's board matters much more than site rankings.

Edited by ellitor

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Booth may be 50/50. Some say he is going back & forth between AU & Clemson.

As for the rest, again our staff's board matters much more than site rankings.

Man I hope we get Booth.  I was hoping it was better than 50/50 and he was just waiting until the right time to commit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Man I hope we get Booth.  I was hoping it was better than 50/50 

51/49

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

51/49

So, it's 101% of 1/2.  I like those odds...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, it's 101% of 1/2.  I like those odds...

Give or take...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith on Pritchett...

All I can tell you is I was told today they would take Pritchett

It seems hard to believe he wouldn't jump at the chance if that is the case, given his other options.

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

It seems hard to believe he wouldn't jump at the chance if that is the case, given his other options

May not have parents' permission yet. They have to sign the NLI too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LakeBum said:

It happened quickly he probably wants to take some time and think about it and talk with family. Might want to bring parents to campus to see it and to talk with coaches. That is what most people should do. That said we are looking really good with DB prospects so he probably should decide quickly as I can see DB slots closing quickly.

Again I would personally prefer a different recruit at this spot but I do like him more than Flott.

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Again I would personally prefer a different recruit at this spot but I do like him more than Flott.

Which specifically and why?

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:
4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Again I would personally prefer a different recruit at this spot

Which specifically and why?

Any 4* DB & that's why. Zeek is a star gazer. Nothing wrong with that from a fan perspective.

• Like 3

It's gotta be him that committed. Flott gone and in comes Pritchett.

Edit: Nevermind gotta be Osbourne 

Edited by WFE12

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Edit: Nevermind gotta be Osbourne  

Doesn't gotta be but appears to be.

I had an interesting dream last night that had us finishing 7th in the nation in recruiting for the 2019 class with MSU dropping to 17th when it is all over with. We CANNOT be out recruited by any of the Mississippi schools ever again!

Anyone else hope we get this guy for his name, if for no other reason?

Sounds like the kind of guy who could show you a thing or two about panning for gold, or making the best corn liquor in any number of hollers, or founding a settlement in the far reaches of the Louisiana Purchase. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Anyone else hope we get this guy for his name, if for no other reason?

Sounds like the kind of guy who could show you a thing or two about panning for gold, or making the best corn liquor in any number of hollers, or founding a settlement in the far reaches of the Louisiana Purchase. 

This guy approves and with a similar name and despite his lone wolf tendencies wants Pritchett around for those reasons:

EF8CA442-078E-42CE-829B-BF80133A2419.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1