2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett Commit to AU!

ellitor

I’m with Bird. I know there hasn’t been talk of Puckett at Safety. I was simply saying Nickel is a tweener spot for us. He seems to have the skill set to play CB/NB/S based on need. I think the same of Booth. 

I’m of the opinion that we’re still making up ground in the secondary. I could easily see us taking six DBs if we feel good about all six. Simpson and Pritchett seem like CBs. Sheffield and the transfer are Safety. Puckett and Booth are Swiss Army knives with outrageous potential at CB or any position in the secondary. Booth has a Patrick Peterson build and ceiling. Pritchett is the only question mark, but with his length and speed, he may be higher up the board than we know. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

...with his length and speed, he may be higher up the board than we know. 

I love the length of all the guys we've been recruiting this year in the secondary.  

• Like 2

Soo looks like my theory is wrong. We are taking 6 DBs if Booth wants in. NP is tagged in the article the below tweet is from.

Well this is interesting. You can see from his profile & it's in articles as well but the 2 recruiting Pritchett for AU are Steele & Brown. AU likes NP at CB & Safety. You would think though if the staff was leaning to the CB side of that then Woodson would be one of the 2 most heavily involved AU coaches since he coaches CBs & Brown coaches Safeties. If we get Booth then it looks like you get your 3 Safeties in this class @bigbird & may still if we miss on Booth.

• Love 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett

If things keep going this way DB which is a strength in starters but possibly lean in depth will become a strength. DLine is a strength now and seems like it will continue that way. We have one stud LB so far but we need at least 1 more but ideally 2 more. Assuming we get the LB's this D class is becoming a homerun.

On O we have the stud QB we want seem set at TE and WR so far and have an adequate O-Line class at this time (It really takes a year or two to know how O-Line players develop) and no RB at this time. Because of Nix, TE's, and WR's we have a slightly above average O-Class but must get a solid RB to stay there and really need one more SEC capable O-Lineman.

I think NP’s biggest asset is his utility. With his length and speed, I can see him developing into a player anywhere in the secondary. A very good quality in DBs that won’t always show up in their ratings and rankings. Could definitely use some coaching, but he’s a great piece of clay to mold.

3 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I think NP’s biggest asset is his utility. With his length and speed, I can see him developing into a player anywhere in the secondary. A very good quality in DBs that won’t always show up in their ratings and rankings. Could definitely use some coaching, but he’s a great piece of clay to mold.

Could be good in coverage on special teams, too. 

I look at this class overall and I see very specific roles for the majority of the guys committed and most of the guys we're still looking at. So there is definitely room for a what you and some of the others above are describing. 

Also, Deion Sanders wasn't super highly recruited, and they weren't entirely sure what they were going to do with him at FSU. You heard it here first, folks... :laugh:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Could be good in coverage on special teams, too. 

I look at this class overall and I see very specific roles for the majority of the guys committed and most of the guys we're still looking at. So there is definitely room for a what you and some of the others above are describing. 

Also, Deion Sanders wasn't super highly recruited, and they weren't entirely sure what they were going to do with him at FSU. You heard it here first, folks... :laugh:

Hey man you gotta stake your claim just in case! ?

I see the value in recruiting most of your guys who are the best at what they do, but it’s def worth taking a chance on a guy or two each year who can maybe swiss army knife their way into stardom

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Probably should have just posted it in the BBQ thread. Not likely this one is Pritchett.

• 3 months later...

Keith just made his Rock On post for coming commits.

Looks like Pritchett.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* S/CB Nehemiah Pritchett Commit to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm'a go with DHall. 

Was my guess til I looked at latest crystal ball picks about 5 minutes ago.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Was my guess til I looked at latest crystal ball picks about 5 minutes ago.

Should've waited 5 seconds longer, lol.

Pritchett! Nice! 6'0, sub-4.4 40, yes please. As long as Gus doesn't decide that any guy who's fast can play QB, I love getting athletes like this. 

• Like 1

Awesome! Just saw Gus’ boom tweet so I was wondering who it might have been. Happy for this kid! Looks like we’re handling the secondary recruiting well!

Boom, boom, booming! Good pickup and we needed some good recruiting news. 💥💥💥

Edited by toddc

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Another fast dude with long arms. Sign me up.

Exactly. I have loved the shift towards length we have made in our DB recruiting