All-Encompassing General Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Little girl whose room I was working on was convinced I fixed her bedside monitor with magic, asked if I could turn her into a mermaid. ? 

Shameless tease.

Your answer? Was she satisfied with it?

Waaaay astray, but had a girlfriend who claimed to be a witch. Gotta admit, every time she kissed me behind the ear, I turned into a motel.

ETA - Was that your youngest? Seems (to me) young for such concepts. Where are we on introductions to swimming? Sorry for any intimations of intrusion.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Shameless tease.

Your answer? Was she satisfied with it?

Told her I was good, but not that good. Mama had a good laugh at that. 

ETA - Was that your youngest? Seems (to me) young for such concepts. Where are we on introductions to swimming? Sorry for any intimations of intrusion.

Not my child. I work in a children's hospital, you see. Little girl in our respiratory unit. Had a trach and was ventilated with upper body paralysis. She was probably about 8, my esrtwhile youngest's age.

Hit me right in the feels. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not my child. I work in a children's hospital, you see. Little girl in our respiratory unit. Had a trach and was ventilated with upper body paralysis. She was probably about 8, my esrtwhile youngest's age.

Have I ever said that I find you just all kind'a cool?

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Have I ever said that I find you just all kind'a cool?

Aw, thanks, buddy.

Never wished for magical powers more than I did in that moment. Got a bit dusty in that room, if you know what I mean. 

On 7/11/2018 at 6:40 PM, AUDub said:

Just reading this hits the feels. 

At my yearly Cocoa Beach trip. We pulled out of Athens al Friday around 4:00. Pulled off I20 in Pell City to eat dinner. Saw a sign for Big Deddy’s Wings and BBQ. Followed it and was not disappointed. Best wings I’ve had since Beauregard’s closed in Madison. The waitress introduced us me to big Deddy after I told her his services would do well in Athens. He was intrigued, I think. Try it if you’re in the area. It was kinda slow but worth the wait. 

I’m a wing lover. I don’t think there’s ever been too many days they don’t sound good. I limit myself to once a week not to totally destroy my ticker. 

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I grew up moving around the country. ATL>ABQ>NJ>WI>BHM>MEM>CHATT>FOCO>MEM

I want to find a home. 

Brother, can I ever relate to this. Thought ATL was my home. Wife had other ideas. So far, I still regret giving in. Big time. Sometimes it's hard to articulate what feels right, but it's easy to know when it doesn't. 

On a more positive personal note, my kid swam by herself for the first time this weekend. So excited and proud. Just a month ago she was scared to put her face under water at all. She's 3. We're over the moon. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Back on the house hunting tip. We’re looking at Asheville and Chattanooga. Chatty is my vote. 

Memphis simply isn’t for me. I just can’t. 

Sorry if I missed something, what type work do you do that allows you to live anywhere across the south?

Who has experience with termites?

We went over to our storage locker today and discovered termites has gotten to a cardboard box. It was disgusting. 

I don’t want to bomb the storage unit because we’ve got clothes and furniture in there. How can we take care of them?

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Who has experience with termites?

We went over to our storage locker today and discovered termites has gotten to a cardboard box. It was disgusting. 

I don’t want to bomb the storage unit because we’ve got clothes and furniture in there. How can we take care of them?

Bombs don't work that well on termites no matter what the package may say. There is a method called a cardboard trap and it sounds like you have a head start. Apparently the little guys hate sunlight so drag the box they got into outside in the sun and it will kill them in a couple of days. We went the Terminix route because we did the house and their work is warrantied. 

32 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Bombs don't work that well on termites no matter what the package may say. There is a method called a cardboard trap and it sounds like you have a head start. Apparently the little guys hate sunlight so drag the box they got into outside in the sun and it will kill them in a couple of days. We went the Terminix route because we did the house and their work is warrantied. 

Being a storage unit, we can’t drag a box out into the sun. Or we can just bring the box, or potential boxes to the house and leave them outside. 

Edit: misread at first

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Being a storage unit, we can’t drag a box out into the sun. Or we can just bring the box, or potential boxes to the house and leave them outside. 

Edit: misread at first

I'm sure your boxes had items you want to keep or you wouldn't be storing them anyway but with an intentional cardboard trap a faster option would be burning them. I know that's probably not the option for your current situation. Good luck. Sorry you're having to deal with it. 

39 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm sure your boxes had items you want to keep or you wouldn't be storing them anyway but with an intentional cardboard trap a faster option would be burning them. I know that's probably not the option for your current situation. Good luck. Sorry you're having to deal with it. 

We’ll be going back over tomorrow to see if they’ve moved into the other cardboard boxes. The box we know they got into was full of kitchenware—cookie sheets to be specific  

I’m mostly concerned for the antique chest that’s in there that we’re storing for when we buy a house. Hoping to catch them before they’ve moved on to that. 

Thank you. 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:49 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Don’t want to create a pointless thread, but want to discuss a general topic? We could do it here.

Obviously pics, tv, music, etc. can use their own threads. 

However, if a random question or thought provoking comment passes your mind—why not do it here? Got a good quote you just read? This the place. You prefer sandals over dock shoes? This is the place. Wanting to know the difference between shampoo/conditioner combo and the others in their respective right? This is the place.

***NO POLITICS***

recently, 

"Opinions are like a**holes. The more you drink, the looser they get." [Jim Jeffries]

Many, many thanks for a place to put this.

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Update on the termites. They hadn’t spread but we moved everything into plastic storage bins, sprayed foam, and put down some cedar to ward off any other unwanted pests. 

Forgive me if I missed above...........does the storage facility have controlled enviroment units?  Cedar is a great idea?

Bored tonight. Great Burger from Mango Marley in Mexico Beach. Watching the bammer/ga NC game replay. Score is 20-10 uga. hoping they will both loose in tonight's replay 

5 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Forgive me if I missed above...........does the storage facility have controlled enviroment units?  Cedar is a great idea?

Perhaps ?...if I knew what that meant. 

Buddy is turning 30 on Tuesday. We’re both off tomorrow. Invited him over for some drinks and kicking it by the pool. I’d label him as one of my best friends, we work together, been on fishing trips, many nights of debauchery...but he’s been enveloped in this game—Sea of Thieves—for the past like 3 months. 

He gave me the “yeah, maybe” treatment. When all I know is that he wants to play this stupid game. 

Really feeling like the Dude right now.

Can honestly say I've never been sucked into any video game like that. Mind you, I did kill a lot of time with Halo/2/3 and Warcraft 2 in my misspent youth. No time for that s*** now that I'm hitched with little'uns. 

Archived