Null

ShocksMyBrain

All-Encompassing General Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Little girl whose room I was working on was convinced I fixed her bedside monitor with magic, asked if I could turn her into a mermaid. 😢 

Shameless tease.

Your answer? Was she satisfied with it?

Waaaay astray, but had a girlfriend who claimed to be a witch. Gotta admit, every time she kissed me behind the ear, I turned into a motel.

ETA - Was that your youngest? Seems (to me) young for such concepts. Where are we on introductions to swimming? Sorry for any intimations of intrusion.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Shameless tease.

Your answer? Was she satisfied with it?

Told her I was good, but not that good. Mama had a good laugh at that. 

ETA - Was that your youngest? Seems (to me) young for such concepts. Where are we on introductions to swimming? Sorry for any intimations of intrusion.

Not my child. I work in a children's hospital, you see. Little girl in our respiratory unit. Had a trach and was ventilated with upper body paralysis. She was probably about 8, my esrtwhile youngest's age.

Hit me right in the feels. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not my child. I work in a children's hospital, you see. Little girl in our respiratory unit. Had a trach and was ventilated with upper body paralysis. She was probably about 8, my esrtwhile youngest's age.

Have I ever said that I find you just all kind'a cool?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Have I ever said that I find you just all kind'a cool?

Aw, thanks, buddy.

Never wished for magical powers more than I did in that moment. Got a bit dusty in that room, if you know what I mean. 

• Like 7

On 7/11/2018 at 6:40 PM, AUDub said:

Just reading this hits the feels. 

• Like 1

At my yearly Cocoa Beach trip. We pulled out of Athens al Friday around 4:00. Pulled off I20 in Pell City to eat dinner. Saw a sign for Big Deddy’s Wings and BBQ. Followed it and was not disappointed. Best wings I’ve had since Beauregard’s closed in Madison. The waitress introduced us me to big Deddy after I told her his services would do well in Athens. He was intrigued, I think. Try it if you’re in the area. It was kinda slow but worth the wait. 

I’m a wing lover. I don’t think there’s ever been too many days they don’t sound good. I limit myself to once a week not to totally destroy my ticker. 

• Like 1

Back on the house hunting tip. We’re looking at Asheville and Chattanooga. Chatty is my vote. 

Memphis simply isn’t for me. I just can’t. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I grew up moving around the country. ATL>ABQ>NJ>WI>BHM>MEM>CHATT>FOCO>MEM

I want to find a home. 

Brother, can I ever relate to this. Thought ATL was my home. Wife had other ideas. So far, I still regret giving in. Big time. Sometimes it's hard to articulate what feels right, but it's easy to know when it doesn't. 

• Like 1

On a more positive personal note, my kid swam by herself for the first time this weekend. So excited and proud. Just a month ago she was scared to put her face under water at all. She's 3. We're over the moon. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Back on the house hunting tip. We’re looking at Asheville and Chattanooga. Chatty is my vote. 

Memphis simply isn’t for me. I just can’t. 

Sorry if I missed something, what type work do you do that allows you to live anywhere across the south?

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Sorry if I missed something, what type work do you do that allows you to live anywhere across the south?

I’ll shoot you a PM. 

• Thanks 1