Man allegedly threatens to kill Senator's kids over immigration policy

NolaAuTiger

http://cbs12.com/news/local/man-being-held-for-allegedly-threatening-congressman-brian-masts-children

STUART, Fla. (CBS12) — A man is facing a serious charge after deputies say he threatened Congressman Brian Mast's children.

A federal document filed with the U.S. District Court states Laurence Wayne Key called Rep. Mast's office in Washington, D.C. on Monday morning. An intern told investigators when he answered the phone the caller said, "I'm going to find congressman's kids and kill them. If you're going to separate kids at the border, I'm going to kill his kids. Don't try to find me because you won't." Investigators found the phone number belonged to Key, who lives in Stuart.

Documents claim Key has called Mast's office 478 times and also contacted Senators Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson.

According to the complaint, during an interview with an FBI investigator, Key denied threatening to kill Mast's children, but admitted he said Rep. Mast should be separated from his kids.

Key is charged with threatening to kidnap or injure a person. 

At this time, Congressman Mast has not responded.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's an unhinged dude. 

While anger is understandable, no matter what side of the political line one stands on, there's a line that he crossed. It happens on both sides. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Don't try to find me because you won't." Investigators found the phone number belonged to Key, who lives in Stuart.

Documents claim Key has called Mast's office 478 times and also contacted Senators Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson.

This is my favorite part and how I know the guy is probably legally insane.  "You can't find me!"  

*investigation cracked by glance at caller ID*

Archived