2019 4* WR John Dunmore (Penn St)

ellitor

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can't be said enough - the WR recruiting over the last 2 years has been amazing. We are in on more top WRs than I can ever remember. We may actually have to be very selective on who we take at this position as we are still in on a few high profile guys (and we lead on 1 or 2 of them). 

My guess is 1) kids are connecting with Kodi, 2) they see is passing more now with Stidham/Chip and 3) it helps to have an elite 11 HS all american QB commit. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Chaminade-Madonna... is that Worm's alma mater?

And Sean Dirty White Boy til he transferred his HS SR year.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It can't be said enough - the WR recruiting over the last 2 years has been amazing. We are in on more top WRs than I can ever remember. We may actually have to be very selective on who we take at this position as we are still in on a few high profile guys (and we lead on 1 or 2 of them). 

My guess is 1) kids are connecting with Kodi, 2) they see is passing more now with Stidham/Chip and 3) it helps to have an elite 11 HS all american QB commit. 

Kodi has done well in the recruiting Role Gus has him in. WR recruiting has been a team effort & Chip, T-Will, Porter, & Garner have helped play a big part.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Chaminade-Madonna... is that Worm's alma mater?

Happy to see any top 250 kid on an OV to the good guys. 

Yes... He will be on campus this weekend 

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Yes... He will be on campus this weekend 

Are we to take it that Momma Worm is friends with Momma Dunmore?

I just knew you were gonna be one of our best recruiters.

Rivals100 WR visits Auburn, could announce soon

AUBURN | Rivals100 wide receiver John Dunmore could announce his commitment soon, and it would be good news likely for one of two schools.

“I’ll probably make a decision at The Opening (June 30-July 3) or after I come home,” Dunmore said. “Right now, Penn State and Auburn are really up there.”

Dunmore announced his commitment plan after an official visit to Auburn this weekend. The four-star from Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood, Fla.) and his parents spent Friday-Sunday in Auburn.

“It was a great visit,” Dunmore said. “It was my first time coming up with my father and mother and we all liked it. It was a great experience.”

Dunmore admitted he was a bit surprised by his first visit to Auburn.

“I was impressed,” Dunmore said. “Before I got up here, I thought it would be all country, but I came up and gave them a chance and was impressed.”

Dunmore spent time during the weekend with Auburn receiver Eli Stove and running back Shaun Shivers. Shivers and Dunmore are former high school teammates.

“(Shivers) told me to come up and see for myself,” Dunmore said. “He was like me. He thought the same way I thought, that Auburn would be country, but it’s actually nice.”

Dunmore also strengthened his bonds with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and area recruiter Larry Porter. The two coaches are two reasons Dunmore is high on Auburn.

“Kodi Burns, we have been talking and building a relationship for two years,” Dunmore said. “And Coach Porter, I can trust him. The coaches here can develop me. I also am cool with the players here, so it could be a good fit.”

Having a top quarterback committed in 

Bo Nix, as well as others, is another advantage for Auburn.

“That’s the key,” Dunmore said of Nix being committing. “Having a good quarterback is the key to getting me the ball. I also would be playing with 

George Pickens, Owen (Pappoe) and the other guys.”

Dunmore has taken an official visit to Penn State and one to Michigan. He doesn’t have any other visits scheduled at this time. 

“I don’t know the other two (official visits), but if I were to take the other two, it would be during the season or after,” he said.

Rivals ranks Dunmore the No. 10 wide receiver in the 2019 class, the No. 8 overall player in Florida and No. 47 in the Rivals100.

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

AUBURN |

could announce his commitment soon, and it would be good news likely for one of two schools.

“I’ll probably make a decision at The Opening (June 30-July 3) or after I come home,” Dunmore said. “Right now, Penn State and Auburn are really up there.”

Dunmore announced his commitment plan after an official visit to Auburn this weekend. The four-star from Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood, Fla.) and his parents spent Friday-Sunday in Auburn.

“It was a great visit,” Dunmore said. “It was my first time coming up with my father and mother and we all liked it. It was a great experience.”

Dunmore admitted he was a bit surprised by his first visit to Auburn.

“I was impressed,” Dunmore said. “Before I got up here, I thought it would be all country, but I came up and gave them a chance and was impressed.”

Dunmore spent time during the weekend with Auburn receiver Eli Stove and running back Shaun Shivers. Shivers and Dunmore are former high school teammates.

“(Shivers) told me to come up and see for myself,” Dunmore said. “He was like me. He thought the same way I thought, that Auburn would be country, but it’s actually nice.”

Dunmore also strengthened his bonds with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and area recruiter Larry Porter. The two coaches are two reasons Dunmore is high on Auburn.

“Kodi Burns, we have been talking and building a relationship for two years,” Dunmore said. “And Coach Porter, I can trust him. The coaches here can develop me. I also am cool with the players here, so it could be a good fit.”

Having a top quarterback committed in  Bo Nix, as well as others, is another advantage for Auburn.

“That’s the key,” Dunmore said of Nix being committing. “Having a good quarterback is the key to getting me the ball. I also would be playing with 

George Pickens Owen (Pappoe) and the other guys.”

Dunmore has taken an official visit to Penn State and one to Michigan. He doesn’t have any other visits scheduled at this time.

“I don’t know the other two (official visits), but if I were to take the other two, it would be during the season or after,” he said.

Rivals ranks Dunmore the No. 10 wide receiver in the 2019 class, the No. 8 overall player in Florida and No. 47 in the Rivals100.

We may very well blow away last year's WR class on paper Ladies & Gentlemen. And I did not think that was possible after last year's good class & the numbers we were expected to take in this class.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We may very well blow away last year's WR class on paper Ladies & Gentlemen. And I did not think that was possible after last year's good class & the numbers we were expected to take in this class.

Which would be great if our offense transitions and evolves into a pass to set up the run offense

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Which would be great if our offense transitions and evolves into a pass to set up the run offense

Jarrett being more comfortable/less rusty this year will help as he should take fewer sacks.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That won’t happen however I think you will continue to see more balance.  I love the run first hard nosed mentality but be less predictable.  More dump passes to the backs on first down out of run sets.  Get the playmakers the ball and pound the rock it’s work for 50 years.

If it is this cat that commits that will push up to around 8th and a player rating over 91 with J. Johnson and J. Clark I expect to get some major bump over their senior seasons.  Maybe not 4 stars but 87ish

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

That won’t happen however I think you will continue to see more balance.  I love the run first hard nosed mentality but be less predictable.  More dump passes to the backs on first down out of run sets.  Get the playmakers the ball and pound the rock it’s work for 50 years.

Not doing a dive play on 17 straight 1st down plays would help too.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I love that too. However, if you look at our roster, our strengths and our playmakers next year are the wr and qb.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It should . No idea why we can’t be adaptive to our personell especially with the QB we have back there.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not doing a dive play on 17 straight 1st down plays would help too.

That was just plain ignorant.  I’m a Gus apologist but that was a huge brain fart.  I know what he was thinking tho and been there.  The thinking is just catch the right block and it’s to the house or twice and seals the game plus runs clock.  But he put Stidham in some very bad situations to convert on 3rd downs

Just now, corchjay said:

If it is this cat that commits that will push up to around 8th and a player rating over 91 with J. Johnson and J. Clark I expect to get some major bump over their senior seasons.  Maybe not 4 stars but 87ish

You also have 4 guys in Fromm, Osborne, Deal, & Gordon just shy of 4*s now that could see bumps as well.

Getting Dunmore would put us 9th right behind Miss St. for the moment.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love that too. However, if you look at our roster, our strengths and our playmakers next year are the wr and qb.

All about Jarrett and the WRs taking that expected next step.  Plus some greenish offensive tackles.  If you know you can win 8 of 10 games by dominating in the run game it’s tough to get away from 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You also have 4 guys in Fromm, Osborne, Deal, & Gordon just shy of 4*s now that could see bumps as well.

Getting Dunmore would put us 9th right behind Miss St. for the moment.

Of that group unless someone just explodes Gordon about the only one that can move a few spots in my opinion.  

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

It should . No idea why we can’t be adaptive to our personell especially with the QB we have back there.

I will give Gus his due here. Last year n games that mattered where we hadn't blown a team out he passed the ball nearly 50% of the time. Just looked it up & Surprised me. Factoring sacks Jarret took as passes like the NFL does then it would likely be over 50%.

Archived