2019 4* WR John Dunmore (Penn St)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

All about Jarrett and the WRs taking that expected next step.  Plus some greenish offensive tackles.  If you know you can win 8 of 10 games by dominating in the run game it’s tough to get away from 

Except we don't know what we have in the run game.  New center, new RT, and new full time RBs.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Of that group unless someone just explodes Gordon about the only one that can move a few spots in my opinion.  

Osborne can definitely move up if he plays well. He will have consistently tough competition each week now that he's at UMG & playing some of the best teams in the country every week.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I will give Gus his due here. In games that mattered where we hadn't blown a team out he passed the ball nearly 50% of the time. Just looked it up & Surprised me. Factoring sacks Jarret took as passes like the NFL does then it would likely be over 50%.

Maybe but as big bird as said, it needs to continuously become more sophisticated. Yes he passed the ball a lot more last year than he normally would but it was mostly screens and fade routes. He has so much talent at the WR position where the ball should be spread out sporadically and there should be no shortcomings of options . We need a lot more combo routes and variations. I get it if we didn’t have such depth but the WR recruiting has been insane so why not utilize it to the best of our abilities , while we have a capable NFL prospect behind center?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Osborne can definitely move up if he plays well. He will have consistently tough competition each week now that he's at UMG & playing some of the best teams in the country every week.

That could work the other way as well.  Like getting exposed.  Just have to see 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

That could work the other way as well.  Like getting exposed.  Just have to see 

True.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Except we don't know what we have in the run game.  New center, new RT, and new full time RBs.

You know we will have run blockers regardless of what else they can do.  I think NCM is the key to the entire offense outside of pass pro

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True.

I was trying to name the few I know will move upward a good deal.  My guesses are J. Johnson and J. Clark.  I expect both around 87ish barring injuries 

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It'll be fine.  We got Gus!

:blink:

So who do we want Haselwood or Dunmore? Would we take both?

8 minutes ago, kd4au said:

So who do we want Haselwood or Dunmore? Would we take both?

Dunmore is very very good.  Haselwood is the elite of the elite.  So you tell me.  

I would assume Haselwood would have a spot regardless of the numbers at WR.

The question is probably more Curry or Dunmore.  

I love the attention we are getting at ' reciever. I am also guessing we are nearing the point that unless you are a Hazelwood caliber player we and going to start saying no thankyou.. which to me, is just incredible  thst we could start turning down top 250 players.

We have at least one spot left and maybe two, but Haselwood would have a spot no matter!

Would we take Dunmore over Curry? I really love that we are going after big-bodied WR’s, so I would prefer Curry. Is Dunmore better?

19 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Would we take Dunmore over Curry? I really love that we are going after big-bodied WR’s, so I would prefer Curry. Is Dunmore better?

My guess is that the first one of those two that pulls the trigger gets the slot, the other has to look elsewhere. Should Haselwood flip, then we take him as a 4th WR. If he doesn't flip, it's three.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:
34 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

My guess is that the first one of those two that pulls the trigger gets the slot, the other has to look elsewhere. Should Haselwood flip, then we take him as a 4th WR. If he doesn't flip, it's three.

What he said as I was typing my reply.

On Dunmore being better? Don't know but he's ranked higher albeit ever so slightly.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Maybe but as big bird as said, it needs to continuously become more sophisticated. Yes he passed the ball a lot more last year than he normally would but it was mostly screens and fade routes. He has so much talent at the WR position where the ball should be spread out sporadically and there should be no shortcomings of options . We need a lot more combo routes and variations. I get it if we didn’t have such depth but the WR recruiting has been insane so why not utilize it to the best of our abilities , while we have a capable NFL prospect behind center?

Exactly...We have the no.1 wr in the nation considering coming here...When was the last time that happened? Gus can't screw this up. Like many have said we don't have to be USC or some other pass happy school just mix in some variation.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Exactly...We have the no.1 wr in the nation considering coming here...When was the last time that happened? Gus can't screw this up. Like many have said we don't have to be USC or some other pass happy school just mix in some variation.

And a QB who can make every throw on the field. I just think we should take advantage of this. TBH, I wouldn’t mind the game plan we have with MW and JG because I don’t necessarily know if they will have the natural passing ability that JS has. However, I think JS is ready for that next step. He wants autonomy and he has the skill set to light it up, so why not give him the opportunity? 

Great to see him say he feels that he can be developed by Kodi. Also Larry Porter is doing his thang right now.

44 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Agree on the variation part. Gus needs to let Chip use Chip’s passing tree. Something I don’t think happened often last year

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

so why not give him the opportunity? 

Because that’s not Gus typically. Despite reports to the contrary on Jarrett’s autonomy this season I’l believe it when I see it.

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Larry Porter is doing his thang right now.

He hasn’t stopped since he came to Auburn.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because that’s not Gus typically. Despite reports to the contrary on Jarrett’s autonomy this season I’l believe it when I see it.

I fear you are absolutely right 

34 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Great to see him say he feels that he can be developed by Kodi. Also Larry Porter is doing his thang right now.

Gus definitely knows how to surround himself with recruiters . Definitely will say that. I am very pleased with recruiting 

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Heck if we could get 'em I think I'd take 'em both Mikey. We've had highly rated, can't miss, duos going into the season before (Duke Williams, Kyle Davis, NCM) just to watch the tandem disintegrate. Discipline, attitude and injuries have taken their toll and only NCM stuck out of those 3.

Archived