2019 4* WR John Dunmore (Penn St)

ellitor

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Dude, that freaks me out watching it....

I know, right?!?!

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

In before mikey and sumter dissaprove ...

giphy.gif

He's picking Penn St. Wednesday anyway so who cares.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's picking Penn St. Wednesday anyway so who cares.

I guess we can change his name to Dun-gone, at least as far as AU is concerned

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

I guess we can change his name to Dun-gone, at least as far as AU is concerned

Since I had never even heard of him and did not know we were even crutin him till his OV here not a big loss for me. BUT BOOBIE ON THE OTHER HAND?!?! I feel invested in his story. PLEASE COME TO AU or I will be heartbroken! BO TO BOOOOOOOOOOOBIE will be a great link up for future AU teams. 

If we keep our current commits but miss out on Boobie it will feel like we got a hit but didn’t even get to second base

1 hour ago, fredst said:

If we keep our current commits but miss out on Boobie it will feel like we got a hit but didn’t even get to second base

ExhaustedFaithfulDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

Decision Day for 4-star wide receiver John Dunmore

Four-star wide receiver John Dunmore is set to make his college decision today. (Photo courtesy 247Sports)
Four-star wide receiver John Dunmore is set to make his college decision today. (Photo courtesy 247Sports)

There could be fireworks for Auburn on the Fourth of July -- or at least a player capable of creating them on the field.

Four-star wide receiver John Dunmore is set to make his college decision public today, fresh off competing at Nike's The Opening Finals in Frisco, Texas. Dunmore, the nation's No. 19 wide receiver prospect in the 2019 class, is expected to choose from one of his seven official finalists: Auburn, Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Michigan, Miami and Ohio State.

The 6-foot-2, 172-pounder out of Chaminade-Madonna Prep in Hollywood, Fla., is rated as the 15th-best player in Florida and the No. 107 overall recruit in the 2019 class.

If his high school sounds familiar to Auburn fans, it's because Dunmore was teammates with current Auburn freshman running back Shaun Shivers at Chaminade-Madonna. Dunmore's relationship with Shivers is a potential factor that could help the Tigers when it comes to the four-star receiver's decision.

Dunmore recently took an official visit to the Plains late last month. It was one of three officials he has taken this summer, along with trips to Penn State in early June and Michigan in mid-April.

Following his trip to Auburn, which was his first time on campus, Dunmore said that "Penn State and Auburn are really up there" for him, according to SEC Country. He also noted his budding relationship with wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and a desire to play with guys like five-star linebacker commit Owen Pappoe and, perhaps more importantly, four-star quarterback Bo Nix, the nation's No. 1 dual-threat passer.

While Auburn seems to be a late riser for Dunmore, Penn State appears to stand the best chance to hold off the Tigers for Dunmore, who was committed to Florida until late January.

If Dunmore were to choose Auburn, it would give the Tigers three wide receiver commits for the 2019 class -- reaching the team's target for this recruiting cycle. He would join four-star receiver George Pickens, the No. 8 receiver in the nation, and three-star receiver Ja'Varrius Johnson. Auburn is still trying to flip five-star Georgia wide receiver commit Jadon Haselwood, and the Tigers are still in the mix for four-star Texas receiver Jalen Curry.

A Dunmore commitment to Penn State, or another of his top choices, wouldn't be a total miss for Auburn, but if the Tigers were to land the four-star prospect it would certainly make things interesting for them at the receiver position this cycle.

I only need 4 likes to get up to 500! Never thought that would happen!

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

Now only 3

59 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Now only 3

Thanks ? Auburn fam! Put me over the top! Have a blessed and happy 4th of July celebration folks. Remember our great men and woman who keep us safe and independent today.

5 hours ago, toddc said:

I need 120 likes to hit the 1000 likes!

Anyone know if and when he’s committing , or did I miss something?

Just now, toddc said:

Anyone know if and when he’s committing , or did I miss something?

Penn ST a few hours ago. No one said anything because it was not worth paying attention to on our end.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* WR John Dunmore (Penn St)
2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Penn ST a few hours ago. No one said anything because it was not worth paying attention to on our end.

Penn State.....geeze Louise !  It ain't Auburn! All I am going to say on this one.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would have been nice to know a decision had been made. AU or not, one tiny blurb would have been informative.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It would have been nice to know a decision had been made. AU or not, one tiny blurb would have been informative.

Lol come on mr mike. You act like there is not ways to find out this stuff on your own. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol come on mr mike. You act like there is not ways to find out this stuff on your own. 

Of course there are other sources for information. However, I choose to come here for information like this. I'm not dissin' you, just but think about it: If I wanted to waste time searching the web for up to the minute information about Auburn I wouldn't need AU Family Forums. Finding stuff like this out in a timely manner is why I'm a member here.

Not posting hard information because "it can be found elsewhere" pretty much negates the purpose of this place.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one said anything because it was not worth paying attention to on our end.

You’re assuming that everyone knew he already committed. When we are kept up to date with information leading up to commitments, it’s assumed that there will be follow through after the commitment. 

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW keeping this thread here for now based on this from Keith...

There could be more twists & turns to this one.

If he really got caught up in the AU hype, then we need to get him here for a big game...maybe LSU?

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re assuming that everyone knew he already committed. When we are kept up to date with information leading up to commitments, it’s assumed that there will be follow through after the commitment. 

It is july 4th so you thought wrong!!! THE PRICE IS WRONG BOB!!!!!!!! haha but seriously  If someone really wanted to know there are plenty of other ways to get this information. It is not like people were with holding information purposely. It is not some big conspiracy.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

@GwillMac6, based on the last posts, apparently...

SelfishHollowGibbon-size_restricted.gif

waterboy.gif

Archived