Null

WarTiger

Thompson's contract extended to 2024

It is just a matter of time before Butch has us in Omaha. I am a happy camper and give kudos to AD Greene.  I was getting worried but can sleep well knowing our baseball program will compete for championships in the coming seasons.  I have enjoyed watching baseball this season once I got my computer working correctly!  Next season should be a very good one for sure with CBT leading the way.

I guess we will know the details of the contract soon. I would imagine Butch is getting the goodies he deserves!

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1

Yes!  That freaking rocks!  Glad your here to stay! 

12 hours ago, around4ever said:

giphy.gif

Not a Dodger fan at all but I was in LA the night that happen watching it on TV at a company function the place went nuts. He did that on one leg 

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It is just a matter of time before Butch has us in Omaha. I am a happy camper and give kudos to AD Greene.  I was getting worried but can sleep well knowing our baseball program will compete for championships in the coming seasons.  I have enjoyed watching baseball this season once I got my computer working correctly!  Next season should be a very good one for sure with CBT leading the way.

I guess we will know the details of the contract soon. I would imagine Butch is getting the goodies he deserves!

Someone posted earlier that it was in the $900,000+ range but no confirmation on details. Golloway I think was getting around $600k so Butch is doing quite well.

Can you imagine, that your getting 300k and in one stroke of the pen, you just tripled your salary. He'll really enjoy that next paycheck...

Edited by steeleagle

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Someone posted earlier that it was in the $900,000+ range but no confirmation on details. Golloway I think was getting around $600k so Butch is doing quite well.

Can you imagine, that your getting 300k and in one stroke of the pen, you just tripled your salary. He'll really enjoy that next paycheck...

Glad that we are willing to pay him good money for a job very well done. Whatever the amount is, he is well worth it IMHO. If I had $900,000.00 even if it was a one time payment, I would be in the cat-bird's seat for sure!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If I had $900,000.00 even if it was a one time payment, I would be in the cat-bird's seat for sure!

I'd just keep farming until it was all gone. :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How many years would that take ?....and even at your age I would worry about you running out of money if you are raising horses. . 

Baseball coach with a huge raise, and announcement that our football facility will be second to none. Dr. Greene has the right mindset, I would say. WDE to him and Butch!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

How many years would that take ?....and even at your age I would worry about you running out of money if you are raising horses. . 

Truth be told, I'm not really a farmer I'm an "agriculturalist". The farmer makes his money on the farm and spends it in town. An agriculturalist makes his money in town and spends it on the farm. I made a good living using my AU degree in agriculture but my income from a moderate sized farm was never anything but a supplement. I'd have starved or been foreclosed had I tried to support a family by farming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Truth be told, I'm not really a farmer I'm an "agriculturalist". The farmer makes his money on the farm and spends it in town. An agriculturalist makes his money in town and spends it on the farm. I made a good living using my AU degree in agriculture but my income from a moderate sized farm was never anything but a supplement. I'd have starved or been foreclosed had I tried to support a family by farming.

What used be called a gentleman farmer ?.....or around where I live, they are called "hobby farmers" …of which we seem to have quite a few who grow organic vegetables and sell them at the Farmer's Market each Saturday morning across from the courthouse.  They probably break-even with their farming business. 

Most of them made their money doing something else, living somewhere else....Atlanta, Chicago, or up in the northeast.    Makes for an interesting area.....and a good selection of fresh veggies that you would not normally find in your local BiLo or Publix. 

• Like 1

Ok except for the organic part. Seven years of my working career in Ag research were enough to convince me that the "organic" label is a sales tactic and nothing more. "Organic" has no real value over conventional products.

Fresh or Home Grown now, there's value in that. Stuff picked that morning and brought straight to the farmer's market is as good as it can get.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Baseball coach with a huge raise, and announcement that our football facility will be second to none. Dr. Greene has the right mindset, I would say. WDE to him and Butch!

Ok... What does 'second to none' REALLY mean? I know it's a cliche...but second to nothing doesn't sound good...lol.

45 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Ok... What does 'second to none' REALLY mean? I know it's a cliche...but second to nothing doesn't sound good...lol.

So...lets replace “second to none” with “best in all of college football”. ??

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I would probably keep farting until it was all gone!

30 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I would probably keep farting until it was all gone!

Well as long as your farting your alive.........................that's a good thing imo

• Haha 1

Quite simply...

AS IT SHOULD BE.