2019 softball recruiting thread

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That's some good depth. I don't recall 6 pitchers even with Myers 50 player roster (a bit exaggerated of course)

I recall one year way back when when the Braves had 11 pitchers on the team and none of them could get anybody out. I hope we're not getting into that area. Losing M. Martin was a blow.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I recall one year way back when when the Braves had 11 pitchers on the team and none of them could get anybody out. I hope we're not getting into that area. Losing M. Martin was a blow.

Did you mean Chardonnay Harris?  At this point, going into fall, you might presume the primary pitchers could be Swindle, Handley and Dismukes.  If some of the others can provide some innings or get into the starting rotation, I'm all for it.  

1 minute ago, slot canyon said:

Did you mean Chardonnay Harris?  At this point, going into fall, you might presume the primary pitchers could be Swindle, Handley and Dismukes.  If some of the others can provide some innings or get into the starting rotation, I'm all for it.  

I was referring to losing Martin's fifth year over a few practice games she played in the fall. Harris heading elsewhere didn't help either.

59 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I at least like the fact that CMD recognizes that we have a shortfall in pitching, and is giving himself some chances to solve that problem.

Yes. This was a concern for all of us with all the defections on pitching staff one way or another. 

5 hours ago, slot canyon said:

We do have some quantity but at this point we don't know about the quality.  I would like to think that the staff feels these new pitchers (excluding Dismukes since she was a signee in Nov. 2018) have the potential to help the team.  Next years class currently has 2 highly rated pitchers committed.

Samantha YarbroughBAILEE DEMPSEYASHLEE SWINDLEHANNAH CAVANAUGHLEXIE HANDLEYKK DISMUKES

We need 3 good pitchers from this group to hold down the fort. If our hitting doesn't materialize, we are in trouble.

Swindle will give us innings, but relies on control and not power. She is not going to strike out many, so our D needs to be solid.

Handley gives us the best chance as a strikeout pitcher, but her control needs to stay consistent.

So who is that third pitcher we see as getting a chance?

As stated about 6 posts above, I would guess  KK Dismukes based on her #89 ranking by Softball America and a very good career at Holtville HS.  She is enrolled in the School of Engineering so hats off to her.  I would be delighted to see any of the new players step up and provide some quality innings.  I know they all work hard and have put in the effort for many years and now that they are at Auburn I am pulling for all of them.

Archived