2019 5* WR Jadon Haselwood

ellitor

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we might lose the two other guys we like because we have waited to long.

Our other top 2 RB targets McIntosh & MAR are & have been takes for a while. There is no waiting to pursue them. The waiting to pursue are on next tier targets like Tahj Gary & Tye Edwards.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deleted the last few posts due to how negatively they recruited against AU in themselves since this is a public board where recruits & their families actually come to believe it or not. I completely understand the frustration but please let's not eat our own. Let's not help our opponents in their recruiting efforts. TIA!

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Deleted the last few posts due to how negatively they recruited against AU in themselves since this is a public board where recruits & their families actually come to believe it or not. I completely understand the frustration but please let's not eat our own. Let's not help our opponents in their recruiting efforts. TIA!

Don't even remember what I might've posted but good call, sir. 

Imagine having Bo Nix with the following to pass to:
Seth Williams, Matt Hill, Jadon Haselwood, George Pickens, JJ, Shed Jack, Schwartz, Luke Deal, Lil Fromm, and a Boobee-KMart tandem. With better offensive line play that could just be an utter monster of an offense for Bo to grow and mature with. I'm digging our youth movement at Auburn and I think even the young guys on D, at positions we're worried about losing experience, have looked way ahead of the learning curve.

• 2 months later...

jc.gif

philly.gif

office.gif

On 10/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, Zeek said:

Imagine having Bo Nix with the following to pass to:
Seth Williams, Matt Hill, Jadon Haselwood, George Pickens, JJ, Shed Jack, Schwartz, Luke Deal, Lil Fromm, and a Boobee-KMart tandem. 

Now realize we have Gus' run heavy offense that limits routes, limits the field, and pigeon holes receivers into certain roles. The realize Gus will be calling plays full time next year.

tenor.gif?itemid=5427334

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Now realize we have Gus' run heavy offense that limits routes, limits the field, and pigeon holes receivers into certain roles. The realize Gus will be calling plays full time next year.

tenor.gif?itemid=5427334

I hope you are wrong Bird....somehow I think you will be right though!

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I hope I am too.

Just now, bigbird said:

I hope I am too.

hey Bird...any chance we get an OC besides Gus?  I like Dearmon from Bethel Univ. or Fedora. Any shot at either?

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hope I am too.

Yeah how can a coaching staff that has the fastest player in college football and another one who's in the top five & have no clue of how to use them properly. Auburn has shown a total inability to utilize them in space. Auburn could have an offense as dynamic as Oklahoma's, if they just would commit themselves to implementing it. That means bringing in the right offensive coordinator and wide receiver coach. And having a head coach who will let them do their job without constantly interfering.

Why recruit all of these quality wide receivers if you're not going to take advantage of their skill set and coach them to improve their skill set.

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

hey Bird...any chance we get an OC besides Gus?  I like Dearmon from Bethel Univ. or Fedora. Any shot at either?

Dearmon is an interesting pick.  He would have a dynamic O... except Gus has already said he isn't changing the O.  So there is no reason to bring another guy in.  We should just try and find the best QB coach/recruiter we can that is willing to have a very specific and limited role.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dearmon is an interesting pick.  He would have a dynamic O... except Gus has already said he isn't changing the O.  So there is no reason to bring another guy in.  We should just try and find the best QB coach/recruiter we can that is willing to have a very specific and limited role.

hey bird...we now have the OC from Memphis on staff. This is a great hire. I wonder how much Gus had to promise him to get him here.  Maybe Gus has had a "Come to Jesus football moment" and is ready to let go of the offense in order to prove he can do this and save his neck. I would be as shocked though if I woke up in the morning with my head sewed to the carpet if Guster did this.

21 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

hey bird...we now have the OC from Memphis on staff. This is a great hire. I wonder how much Gus had to promise him to get him here.  Maybe Gus has had a "Come to Jesus football moment" and is ready to let go of the offense in order to prove he can do this and save his neck. I would be as shocked though if I woke up in the morning with my head sewed to the carpet if Guster did this.

Gus is going to call the plays. Period.

However, with Norvell at Memphis, Dillingham would suggest two or three plays and Norvell would call the plays from those suggested.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That is who I wanted out of the "gus" candidates.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Not a come to Jesus moment. Gus will call the plays & Dillingham knows it. Coach Dilly is strictly the QB coach & his OC duties will be to prepare the O each week for the plays Gus will call on Saturdays. Problem is Gus puts too much on his plate. Every play he is doing the job of 3 coaches: Calling plays, reading the defenses, & deciding on subs. Gus needs to let Horton & Kodi decide who to sub in for their positions & let another coach help him read the defenses.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

However, with Norvell at Memphis, Dillingham would suggest two or three plays and Norvell would call the plays from those suggested.

Supposedly the same thing Gus has been doing with his OCs & has apparently factored into the slow play calls sometimes.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Supposedly the same thing Gus has been doing with his OCs & has apparently factored into the slow play calls sometimes.

I thought the OCs were calling and Gus was overriding. Who really knows....he also has had a lot of  success with TEs as well as QBs.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I thought the OCs were calling and Gus was overriding. Who really knows....he also has had a lot of  success with TEs as well as QBs.

Good class for him to have both of those positions.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Good class for him to have both of those positions.

It won't matter if Dillingham had success w TEs or not if Gus doesn't include them specifically into his major pass plays he includes in his chart. Not the TE pass plays on the back, in small print at the bottom...lol.

18 hours ago, bigbird said:
18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I hope I am too.

Which one?  Right or Wrong?  The suspense is killing me!

😉

On 10/3/2018 at 11:24 AM, GwillMac6 said:

This is Gustav Arthur Malzahn we are talking about. I trust Gus to run a successful high octane passing attack as much as I would trust Paul Johnson. Gus is the same guy who still thinks passing in the middle of the field is against the law apparently. The last time we had a 1k yard WR at AU I do not think Y2k had happened yet haha.

It hadn't.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, LKEEL75 said:

So it obviously isn't just CGM that doesn't throw the ball at AU.  I mean he has been here a while but there have been a few OCs come and go since last 1K yard WR.  But hey, let's blame CGM for this as well....

Offenses are vastly different now than in the past. You should know this if you've watch football since the 80s. If you haven't, they have changed a WHOLE LOT. Not having a 1000 yard WR this century especially since the offensive revolution starting around 2008ish, is horrible that we haven't had one. And like it or not, Gus has been here every year except one since that time. Also if you have watched Auburn Football since Gus has been around we have been a run first power offense. We haven't been a passing offense in the slightest or maybe you missed the games Nick Marshall threw for less than 10 times the entire game? We have had a grand total of two QBs ever throw for 3,000 yards, one happens to still be on this team, and he looked FAR worse in year 2 then when he first stepped on campus... That's not exactly the way those things should work. And just like winning 10 games in a season is incredibility easier now then before with expanded seasons, conference championships, and bowl games counting... And we have won 10 or more games three times in his almost decade long tenure at Auburn as both the OC and the HC...while losing an average of almost 5 games a year... Including 2010 and 2013...

I'll have to tip my hat to Kodi. We have absolutely no business getting or being close to ANY of the WRs he has brought in when we run a system that isn't designed to their abilities. 

Archived