2019 5* WR Jadon Haselwood

ellitor

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If I was an elite receiver, that's where I'd go.

Agreed. They haven't thrown the ball as much as us or Miami but gotten much more production.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing is they would have to make a special helmet for you to accommodate all the feathers on your head and a special facemask for your beak to fit through.?

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agreed. They haven't thrown the ball as much as us or Miami but gotten much more production.

They also had 10 guys with over 10 catches, 5 guys over 20 catches, and 3 guys over 40 catches last year. Plus another 9 guys with at least 1 catch. 

Auburn's totals were 7, 5, 1, and 10. 

It's that 40 catch total that really grabs me. Basically, WR3 at OU is going to lap WR2 at AU in production. And it's not because OU is more talented at the position than we are. 

Oh, and they're also going to have a 1,000 yd rusher, and they're going to have an RB2 who's not far behind. 

and Auburn is the last place they should go if we take off the O and B glasses.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They also had 10 guys with over 10 catches, 5 guys over 20 catches, and 3 guys over 40 catches last year. Plus another 9 guys with at least 1 catch. 

It's that 40 catch total that really grabs me. Basically, WR3 at OU is going to lap WR2 at AU in production. And it's not because OU is more talented at the position than we are. 

Oh, and they're also going to have a 1,000 yd rusher, and they're going to have an RB2 who's not far behind. 

Part of this is a great O and part of this they play in the land of no defense.

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Fair, but they did all of that to us year before last. (With Baker Mayfield... I know, I know.)

31 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Very true, so it makes it even easier to show out, making it easier to get to the next level.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Only thing is they would have to make a special helmet for you to accommodate all the feathers on your head and a special facemask for your beak to fit through.?

Naaa...

71ifMED+UDL._SY355_.jpg

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Better offensive system & playing in a conference with worse defenses.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

and Auburn is the last place they should go if we take off the O and B glasses.

I wouldn't say that. We have Bo coming in & he has a lot of potential to be a good passer if he gets protected. Between the 4 teams involved with JD I had AU just behind UGA because of Fromm being more proven for the next couple years & Fields' potential.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Naaa...

71ifMED+UDL._SY355_.jpg

I hope that's only for the head and face area!!!☠️

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't say that. We have Bo coming in & he has a lot of potential to be a good passer if he gets protected. Between the 4 teams involved with JD I had AU just behind UGA because of Fromm being more proven for the next couple years & Fields' potential.

This is Gustav Arthur Malzahn we are talking about. I trust Gus to run a successful high octane passing attack as much as I would trust Paul Johnson. Gus is the same guy who still thinks passing in the middle of the field is against the law apparently. The last time we had a 1k yard WR at AU I do not think Y2k had happened yet haha.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is Gustav Arthur Malzahn we are talking about. I trust Gus to run a successful high octane passing attack as much as I would trust Paul Johnson. Gus is the same guy who still thinks passing in the middle of the field is against the law apparently. The last time we had a 1k yard WR at AU I do not think Y2k had happened yet haha.

So it obviously isn't just CGM that doesn't throw the ball at AU.  I mean he has been here a while but there have been a few OCs come and go since last 1K yard WR.  But hey, let's blame CGM for this as well....

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fair point but thinking from a WR recruits perspective I don't have much more trust if any with UGA's offensive staff using their passing game well given the talent there. And Miami doesn't look to have a reliable QB any time soon to get me the ball.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/georgia-loses-commitment-from-5-star-wr-jadon-haselwood/

The Georgia Bulldogs No. 1 recruiting class took a big hit late Tuesday night.

The nation’s No. 1 WR Jadon Haselwood (Ellenwood, Ga.) backed off his commitment to the Bulldogs, he announced on Twitter. Haselwood had been committed to Georgia since March 16, 2017.

“First, I want to start off by saying thank you God for the many blessing you have bestowed upon me and for the blessing you have in store for me in the future,” Haselwood wrote on his Twitter account. “I also want to thank the University of Georgia, it’s fans, and the coaches for supporting me throughout my high school career. This is a very tough decision for me, but I feel that this is the best decision for me to make at this time. I have decided to de-commit from the University of Georgia and open my recruitment.”

The 6-foot-2, 196-pound pass catcher will take an official visit to Miami Saturday, and he’s also highly considering Auburn.

Haselwood is ranked as the nation’s No. 3 overall player, according to 247Sports Composite Rankings, including being ranked as the No. 1 overall player in Georgia.

Following the decommitment to Haselwood, Georgia’s recruiting class falls to No. 3 in the country behind Texas A&M and Alabama.

I saw the posts above and realize Miami is ahead of us. Still, War Eagle and I hope we keep trying to work our way in on his commitment. Would be a huge get. Mark Richt would have a blast stealing this kid from Georgia.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

We have to get Through this weekend without him committing to Miami. Won’t be easy

I dont think we're necessarily the most attractive option, but I really hope we dont lose the guy to the U after losing Ahmmon to them as well.

at least if he goes to OU, we dont have to hear about him in this area 

I would not be unhappy to get him but with what we already have and what we are getting next year at WR he is not a huge need. To me he is a luxury that I want if it doesn't mean losing somebody in a position of more need like O-line and a 1 or 2 LB's.

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I would not be unhappy to get him but with what we already have and what we are getting next year at WR he is not a huge need. To me he is a luxury that I want if it doesn't mean losing somebody in a position of more need like O-line and a 1 or 2 LB's.

JJ, Pickens, Haselwood would be another huge draw of receivers.

Put K Burns on that OL recruiting trail!

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

if it doesn't mean losing somebody in a position of more need like O-line and a 1 or 2 LB's.

Not an issues The numbers have been built in to the class for a long time now to take Jadon should he ever want in. Part of the reason we have passed on Boobie Curry for now.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

JJ, Pickens, Haselwood would be another huge draw of receivers.

Put K Burns on that OL recruiting trail!

Actually Porter is heavily involved for why we have a shot w/ Jadon. Garner & Chip were/are big factors with us & George. Lastly, Chip was the guy who pulled the trigger on JJ.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually Porter is heavily involved for why we have a shot w/ Jadon. Garner & Chip were/are big factors with us & George. Lastly, Chip was the guy who pulled the trigger on JJ.

It's an odd world in recruiting. Glad Chip pulled the trigger on JJ, I wasn't too sure about him when he first committed but I've definitely warmed up to what he might be able to do for us.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not an issues The numbers have been built in to the class for a long time now to take Jadon should he ever want in. Part of the reason we have passed on Boobie Curry for now.

Thanks E that was only reason I thought he might be a luxury. If he does commit to Miami do we take Curry assuming he is still available?

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If he does commit to Miami do we take Curry assuming he is still available?

Maybe as a best available regardless of position near the end if we have spots but by then it won't matter as he will be locked in with someone like Penn St.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe as a best available regardless of position near the end if we have spots but by then it won't matter as he will be locked in with someone like Penn St.

That leads to one of the more common complaints on this site. One where people complain we don't sign the best players and the other where they complain that we wait to long on a top player  when we could have gotten a pretty darn good player. This year with Pickens and JJ plus the WR's we already have it is a moot point as we are fine even if we don't get either of these two.

RB recruiting if we either don't convince Cain (I don't think it will happen) to commit to us quickly we might lose the two other guys we like because we have waited to long. The woes of college recruiting. On Cain I am in the camp of letting him go and picking the next one we want and can get.

Archived