Open Club  ·  57 members

BBQ Boys

Old Grill

SaltyTiger

Story behind the grill. Met my wife in 1977 at Auburn A Day. She had gotten me a date through a mutual friend but the wife I ended up hanging out together most of the weekend. A few of us went to Sears where my future wife bought that grill to give to her Dad for Fathers Day. 

I was cleaning out an old out building at her parents beach house a couple of years ago and found the grill. Cleaned up a little, replaced a few screws on it and re-grated it. The thing is great. 1/4" thick cast metal, light weight, gets hot quick and hold a steady temp. I am a BGE guy but love this thing for a few burgers.... Love a butcher cut thick steak on the Egg but use this for the packaged thinner cut steaks. 

IMG_0193.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, RunInRed said:

What a cool story!

On 7/4/2018 at 3:37 PM, augolf1716 said:

Great story salty

Never be a grill snob gentlemen and remember your grilling  roots. Came in from the Mississippi coast after a weekend of New Orleans finest seafood and cooked by the best. Wanted something simple and quick. Fired up the "old grill" with Kingsford. Mix of wings, drumsticks, thighs, marinated in Dales for a bit, cooked hot and quick. 

Wonderful for a change. 

Archived