Assistant coaching position

CAS15

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, bigbird said:

Nah, my cousin Larry

(Some of you 40+ year old members may get this...)

Image result for perfect strangers

On 6/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, ellitor said:

Seen 2 names floating FWIW. 1 would be known by college basketball fans & would be a hell of a replacement for Adler on the floor coaching & recruiting, including some of Adler's hotbed areas. The other should be a heck of a recruiter although I don't know much about his coaching work.

So now we have hired Bowman, I am assuming he was not the frontrunner, and the guy you were mentioning here as a "hell of a replacement".

So who was the guy they couldn't hire, since it doesn't matter now? Was it a Greene "no' to Pearl's #1 guy he wanted?

Just wondering...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

So now we have hired Bowman, I am assuming he was not the frontrunner, and the guy you were mentioning here as a "hell of a replacement".

You assume incorrectly.  Even though he's not a big name to most of us he did a hell of a job helping Penn get to the NCAA Tourney last season. He's also a good recruiting hire. He knows how to recruit the Northeast which was where Adler did a lot of work. He also has good ties to the Atlanta Nike AAU program which is a place Bruce likes to get talent from.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

So who was the guy they couldn't hire, since it doesn't matter now? Was it a Greene "no' to Pearl's #1 guy he wanted?

Bowman was the guy. He was Pearl's #1. The only other name I saw mentioned was Brendin knight & he was just a wild guess in the dark from someone.

Archived