Are They Coming Home?

Proud Tiger

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The report I read was before Wednesday. Im wrong on this. It doesn’t appear any have been returned. That’s what the word is right now.

i thought i was right. lets still hope good things come from this. we need to bring our people home.thanx

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ignore other response. I was wrong. My apologies.

mr nola i do not require your apologies. but your honesty is refreshing and i applaud that.

44 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ignore other response. I was wrong. My apologies.

Well, Trump or no, I hope they're returned.  I don't know how many families it will affect after so long, but I'm sure there are some still waiting.

Looks like trump was not only dishonest, but duped. Or maybe he knew that his base would chalk up the W no matter what and just move on to the next shiny object. 

Trump told a crowd of supporters on June 20 that 200 human remains had already “been sent back.” But U.S. military officials said afterward that was not the case.

Repatriation also has been complicated by money. The United States has sent North Korea $22 million since 1990 as it recovered an estimated 629 sets of remains, said Chuck Prichard, a U.S. military spokesman. The Pentagon says it reimburses North Korea for the costs of recovery but does not pay for the remains themselves. Critics see that as akin to a fig leaf, with the North Koreans running up the tab to help pay for their nuclear program.

“This is a little bit like your cable bill or your airline ticket,” Russel said. “There’s just this infinite number of surcharges and obscurely worded fees that drive up the price. I think there is essentially no correlation between what the North Koreans are charging and any service that they are providing.”

A State Department spokesman, Justin Higgins, said he could not yet address whether the United States expects to recover all 200 sets of remains that are believed to be ready for transfer or whether it would pay North Korea for handling them. The U.S. military recently disclosed it has sent 100 “temporary transit cases” to the border between the two Koreas “to receive and transport remains in a dignified manner.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/for-the-us-a-frustrating-history-of-recovering-human-remains-in-north-korea/2018/07/04/b5ddb5f8-795a-11e8-aeee-4d04c8ac6158_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b98b6a111b09

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Looks like trump was not only dishonest, but duped. Or maybe he knew that his base would chalk up the W no matter what and just move on to the next shiny object.

This

I trust that those so offended by homer being dismissive of this story are even more offended that it was a complete lie to begin with? 

Your president used dead American soldiers as political capital, folks, and it was all a lie. Still waiting to hear what *everyone* thinks about that. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I trust that those so offended by homer being dismissive of this story are even more offended that it was a complete lie to begin with? 

Your president used dead American soldiers as political capital, folks, and it was all a lie. Still waiting to hear what *everyone* thinks about that. 

Reminds me of an anecdote from Tony Campolo, a Christian speaker and author.  This was many years ago, but he was speaking at a popular Christian conference and was highlighting problems of world poverty and famine at the time.  And he said, "I have three things I’d like to say today.  First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition.  Second, most of you don’t give a s***.  What’s worse is that you’re more upset with the fact that I said 's***' than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night."

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Reminds me of an anecdote from Tony Campolo, a Christian speaker and author.  This was many years ago, but he was speaking at a popular Christian conference and was highlighting problems of world poverty and famine at the time.  And he said, "I have three things I’d like to say today.  First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition.  Second, most of you don’t give a s***.  What’s worse is that you’re more upset with the fact that I said 's***' than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night."

That is so spot on. And not, to me personally, because he said it to a room full of Christians. I fully admit to being implicated by it. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That is so spot on. And not, to me personally, because he said it to a room full of Christians. I fully admit to being implicated by it. 

Yeah, he stepped on a whole bunch of toes with that.  Mine included.

So what's the plan here, guys?

What exactly has trump accomplished with regards to these 200 soldiers?

At the very least, how is he innocent of lying about dead American soldiers for political gain? 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, augolf1716 said:

I see. We can break character and get all heavy and break Homer's balls when he speaks a painful truth, but POTUS was lying about the whole thing that started it all and we're back to laughing and keeping it light. 

Said with love.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I see. We can break character and get all heavy and break Homer's balls when he speaks a painful truth, but POTUS was lying about the whole thing that started it all and we're back to laughing and keeping it light. 

Said with love.

i believe golf is trying to disrupt the conversation.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Said with love.

Yes I got heavy with homer and I don't care if its one soldier or two hundred I took it to heart as someone who has lost loved ones and nearly lost my Dad in these frickin wars. As for the pres. he's a piece of  s*** for lying

Said with peace and love

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes I got heavy with homer and I don't care if its one soldier or two hundred I took it to heart as someone who has lost loved ones and nearly lost my Dad in these frickin wars. As for the pres. he's a piece of  s*** for lying

Said with peace and love

i was shocked to find out one of the reasons our wounded soldiers have such a hard time getting over their wounds. if you get hit by say a roadside bomb not only do the kids have to deal with the bombs but it seems the soil in iraq and afghanistan is loaded with feces. serious. it is so unsanitary over there the bombs hurt and the dust etc goes with it create some kind of super infection that is really hard to treat. that just blew my mind. and it is so unsanitary they do not have to do anything extra but bury it.

Archived