Are They Coming Home?

Proud Tiger

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes I got heavy with homer and I don't care if its one soldier or two hundred I took it to heart as someone who has lost loved ones and nearly lost my Dad in these frickin wars. As for the pres. he's a piece of  s*** for lying

Said with peace and love

-------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt homie has never come close to a war zone and it's despicable to make such comments. I would have loved to see his face when he met up with one of those little Nam bastards in a dark underground tunnel.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am going to stick my neck out here and say even tho i barely know homer and only on this board i think what he was trying to say was not how many took it. my love of our troops is one of the main reasons i dislike trump so much. i am not sure it is fair to jump homer after many of the things trump has said about our pow's and gold star families. is it fair if you believe homer was being despicable and yet give trump a pass? trump saying what he did about mccain not only dissed mccain but every single american that ever that was ever captured and made prisoner. and of course we know many pow's died while captive right? so why bang homer and give trump a pass? i do not think homer was dissin our kids but pointing out the hypocrisy between the two. and trump did say they were on teh way already. even nola admitted this and had to retract. is it fair to say such a thing and families get their hopes up only to find out so far it is only trump speak? it would really bother me. i want our kids out of there and resting in american soil. someone please explain to me how i am wrong. i will listen. i always do tho i might not agree.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am going to stick my neck out here and say even tho i barely know homer and only on this board i think what he was trying to say was not how many took it. my love of our troops is one of the main reasons i dislike trump so much. i am not sure it is fair to jump homer after many of the things trump has said about our pow's and gold star families. is it fair if you believe homer was being despicable and yet give trump a pass? trump saying what he did about mccain not only dissed mccain but every single american that ever that was ever captured and made prisoner. and of course we know many pow's died while captive right? so why bang homer and give trump a pass? i do not think homer was dissin our kids but pointing out the hypocrisy between the two. and trump did say they were on teh way already. even nola admitted this and had to retract. is it fair to say such a thing and families get their hopes up only to find out so far it is only trump speak? it would really bother me. i want our kids out of there and resting in american soil. someone please explain to me how i am wrong. i will listen. i always do tho i might not agree.

He is free to clarify it.

13 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

proud you boys were all over him as guilty before he had a chance to reply. but you did not answer me? what about my post? am i wrong? right? looney? come on man say something. i know these are political fights but there is nothing wrong with admitting when wrong and or forgiving. people made homer mad i believe because he was taken out of context and i get it. personally if i had my way the VA would not be subject to partison politics nor would it be included any other legislation but its own merits. too often the troops and vets are added with some crappy piece of other legislation so that when the one fails the va stuff fails as well. this is nothing more than blackmail and i believe both sides have done it in the past and it is shameful. and yet american people keep allowing it to happen.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

proud you boys were all over him as guilty before he had a chance to reply. but you did not answer me? what about my post? am i wrong? right? looney? come on man say something. i know these are political fights but there is nothing wrong with admitting when wrong and or forgiving. people made homer mad i believe because he was taken out of context and i get it. personally if i had my way the VA would not be subject to partison politics nor would it be included any other legislation but its own merits. too often the troops and vets are added with some crappy piece of other legislation so that when the one fails the va stuff fails as well. this is nothing more than blackmail and i believe both sides have done it in the past and it is shameful. and yet american people keep allowing it to happen.

The thing is, whatever Homer said is irrelevant now.

The President of the United States of America lied about dead American soldiers. The entire premise of this thread is ANOTHER lie from the White House. THAT IS WHAT IS OFFENSIVE HERE. 

But no, we'll keep focusing on comediennes and restaurant owners and message board posters and hold them to a higher standard of professionalism, decorum, dignity and decency than that disgusting ape flinging feces all over the Oval Office. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Trump got played. 

Wait, I thought he was racking up Ws over there? Doing what prior administrations couldn't?

Well, good thing he insists on having open meetings with foreign dignitaries so that we know what the actual conversations are.

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

lol. if i am not mistaken kim and company had to inspect a potato farm i kid you not. and they also called pompy boy a gangster. maybe tump and them will learn from this. AND i still hold out hope for bringing our dead home.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lol. if i am not mistaken kim and company had to inspect a potato farm i kid you not. and they also called pompy boy a gangster. maybe tump and them will learn from this. AND i still hold out hope for bringing our dead home. 

Me too, but I suffer no illusions that DPRK will negotiate in good faith. Hell, they wouldn't be the DPRK if they did.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You'd think trump would've been able to better recognize who he was dealing with. 

Still crickets from the OP and his friends. 

Proud likes to pretend I don't exist. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Much like the severely disturbing personal flaws of the candidates he supports. 

16 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

aubiefifty pretty much nailed it.   The idea that Trump gives a s*** about our Korean MIA - much less being personally responsible for their return -  while already knowing his attitude toward those who sacrificed (McCain) - just illustrates how delusional Trump supporters are.

I said nothing regarding how MIAs shouldn't be honored.  I simply related Trump's feelings about them.  As far as Trump is concerned, Korean MIA's have value only as political props - the same value he placed on McCain's sacrifices.  

You - and others - generate antipathy for me - as the messenger - to avoid the truth of the message.  It's a classic way of dealing with cognitive dissonance.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You'd think trump would've been able to better recognize who he was dealing with. 

Still crickets from the OP and his friends. 

No one is easier to con than a con man.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Much like the severely disturbing personal flaws of the candidates he supports. 

He is not alone in this regard.

Interesting. I see the OP was doctored 22 hours ago to suggest that the photo might be fake and to change the initial statement in the thread title to a question. Just to be clear, whomever circulated the photo was only going by what POTUS said:

“We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains sent back today, already 200 got sent back.

Donald Trump said this on June 20th at a rally in Minnesota. 

The photo in the OP is likely real and created in good faith. The only falsehood is the claim made by POTUS that the photo was based on. Before the OP was doctored, it also supported this claim. 

I can't speculate as to why the OP was changed in this matter, so that it suggests that the photo is fake and makes no mention of trump's false claims. I just didn't want anyone to be confused by the change. 

On 7/12/2018 at 11:24 AM, AUDub said:

Nah, he just likes to pretend that posts which undermine or torpedo his argument don't exist.  If he doesn't outright ignore them by saying you're a big meanie, he'll default to his next favorite magic wand, "That's your OPINION."

And let us not forget his "In case of emergency, break glass" argument:  "I'm entitled to MY opinion," as if uttering that magic word inoculates anything he says from critique.

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Nah, he just likes to pretend that posts which undermine or torpedo his argument don't exist.  If he doesn't outright ignore them by saying you're a big meanie, he'll default to his next favorite magic wand, "That's your OPINION."

And let us not forget his "In case of emergency, break glass" argument:  "I'm entitled to MY opinion," as if uttering that magic word inoculates anything he says from critique.

You should make it so he can't ignore others. I'll drive him up a wall. ?

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You should make it so he can't ignore others. I'll drive him up a wall. ?

It already galls him to no end that members aren't permitted to put mods and admins on ignore.  I don't want to be responsible for a complete nervous breakdown.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, augolf1716 said:

PT really no laughing matter with returning dead soldiers and I assume you did not mean it that way.

As always peace and love 

Absolutely not. Sorry if anything I said came across that way.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

It already galls him to no end that members aren't permitted to put mods and admins on ignore.  I don't want to be responsible for a complete nervous breakdown.

You and Dub are great dreamers. All hat but no cattle. Just great insult slingers. And when  stand my ground I get a warning or threat of one.

Archived