Are They Coming Home?

Proud Tiger

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So they're not coming home?

At this point I don't know what the status is. Do you have any info?

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You and Dub are great dreamers. All hat but no cattle. Just great insult slingers. And when  stand my ground I get a warning or threat of one.

You've never gotten a warning (or a threat of one) just for "standing your ground."  Quit being a martyr.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You've never gotten a warning (or a threat of one) just for "standing your ground."  Quit being a martyr.

I respectfully disagree. You threatened me with a warning for never agreeing with you on our Bible verse "discussion." I  call that standing my ground on what I believe. I'm sure you will call it what you like. And rather than ending this with something beside a cute comment I give you this and hope you have a blessed day.

https://www.plough.com/en/subscriptions/daily-dig/even/july/daily-dig-for-july-11

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I respectfully disagree. You threatened me with a warning for never agreeing with you on our Bible verse "discussion." I  call that standing my ground on what I believe. I'm sure you will call it what you like. And rather than ending this with something beside a cute comment I give you this and hope you have a blessed day.

https://www.plough.com/en/subscriptions/daily-dig/even/july/daily-dig-for-july-11

You can call an antelope a spaceship but it doesn't make it so.

Still haven't heard any of you trump supporters explain why you think he lied about the remains of the soldiers being home?

Also, why was the OP doctored? It initially was titled "They are home". That was incorrect. Also, the post itself now questions a photo edit instead of POTUS, who lied and said they were home. What a chickens** thing to do. 

Kind of makes you wonder what other failures and lies came from that summit, vs. any accomplishments whatsoever beyond granting an audience and stage to one of the worst dictators on the planet. Just like you and trump were told.

Your hero got his ass kicked by yet another dictator. And then lied to the American people about something you claim to hold sacred. A lot of fraud, cowardice and dishonesty on display from the White House and in this forum every day, but this one is something else.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Still haven't heard any of you trump supporters explain why you think he lied about the remains of the soldiers being home?

What I think is he thought/  had some reason to believe that 200 were on their way home, got too happy and jumped the gun with his statement. At least he's trying. It was not a calculated lie because there is no way out of it and there was no profit from the statement. Someone telling a calculated lie always has something to gain by the lie and a fallback position should the lie be exposed.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What I think is he thought/  had some reason to believe that 200 were on their way home, got too happy and jumped the gun with his statement. At least he's trying. It was not a calculated lie because there is no way out of it and there was no profit from the statement. Someone telling a calculated lie always has something to gain by the lie and a fallback position should the lie be exposed.

So our best case scenario is that he's clueless and impulsive. Awesome attributes in a leader. 

He will keep pissing on all of our backs and some of you will keep believing that it's raining.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So our best case scenario is that he's clueless and impulsive. Awesome attributes in a leader. 

He will keep pissing on all of our backs and some of you will keep believing that it's raining.

Your last sentence made me think of the Skid Row song Riot Act?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

My back is dry and I am very happy he is my POTUS. Other countries look up to us again because of his strong leadership. They know he means business and calls a spade a spade.

19 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

My back is dry and I am very happy he is my POTUS. Other countries look up to us again because of his strong leadership. They know he means business and calls a spade a spade.

Why did you change the OP then? Why don't you stand behind the false claim he made at the rally that you believed and help circulate?

Other countries look up to us again? Do tell. Which ones? Great Britain, who had more anti-trump protestors show up for him than pro-trumpers showed up at his inauguration?

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Great Britain, who had more anti-trump protestors show up for him than pro-trumpers showed up at his inauguration?

I wouldn't expect Trump to be popular overseas. He's putting America first, which means the others are somewhere down the line. You must have been fooled by the picture that was taken at 6:00 AM and passed off off as being a picture of the actual inauguration. Don't feel bad. My sister, who graduated from some liberal arts college with one of those cum laude thingys was also tricked by the early morning shot. I think being tricked by it goes along with ever so desperately wishing it were true.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What you don't seem to be willing to grasp is this: While many of us don't care for the tweeting and tone of some of his speeches, we, (I at least) am totally delighted with his many actions. Judicial appointments, tax cuts, job creation, reversal of many of Obama's "rules", on and on. These things are important and needed doing if this nation was to be righted. If we have to put up with some overstatements in a speech here and there, it's well worth it.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't expect Trump to be popular overseas. He's putting America first, which means the others are somewhere down the line. You must have been fooled by the picture that was taken at 6:00 AM and passed off off as being a picture of the actual inauguration. Don't feel bad. My sister, who graduated from some liberal arts college with one of those cum laude thingys was also tricked by the early morning shot. I think being tricked by it goes along with ever so desperately wishing it were true.

You presume to know quite a bit more than you do about other people.

But let's say you're right about the inauguration. How many people were in attendance?

Also, keep in mind that I was responding to ClownTiger's assertion that trump is earning *more* respect internationally. Perhaps you should respond to him, also?

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is way off the OP, but you brought it up.  However, you're delusional.  Zoom in on this picture.  Trump is clearly speaking at the podium and can be seen doing so on several big screens set up at the event.

Lay off of InfoWars man.  May help you touch base with reality.

original.jpg

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's delusional.   Pure Trumpspeak (aka BS).

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/world-opinion-trump-u-s/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/07/13/key-public-opinion-findings-on-trump-putin-and-the-countries-they-lead/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/225761/world-approval-leadership-drops-new-low.aspx

On 7/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, Mikey said:

The single greatest advantage the US has over Russia and China is our number of allies.  We are ally rich while they are ally poor.  They understand this.  Who does Russia have - Syria and Iran?

Our allies is one of the key elements that gives us power in world affairs. Coalitions of these allies leverages our power in geopolitical issues and conflicts.

Alienating and mistreating our allies is certainly not "putting America first".  Disparaging NATO, Germany and the EU, publicly undercutting the British PM, pulling out of the Paris climate accords, not confronting Russia directly for their actions and promoting xenophobic, nationalistic populism are not "putting America first".  Just the opposite, it is weakening America.

Trump doesn't care.  Hell he doesn't even understand this.  All he cares about is projecting an appearance of personal power as a mover/shaker.  It's all about image and manufacturing of reality-show of drama for him.

Much of what you say Trump has "accomplished" will have to be undone as soon as he is out of office. And it will take years to repair the damage.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is way off the OP, but you brought it up.  However, you're delusional.  Zoom in on this picture.  Trump is clearly speaking at the podium and can be seen doing so on several big screens set up at the event.

Lay off of InfoWars man.  May help you touch base with reality.

original.jpg

This is what we’re arguing over? Lol

19 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is what we’re arguing over? Lol

Oh I agree.  It's an extreme waste of time nearly two years later.  But if dude is bringing up easily identifiable inaccuracies, I'm going to point them out.

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I agree.  It's an extreme waste of time nearly two years later.  But if dude is bringing up easily identifiable inaccuracies, I'm going to point them out.

Take your W’s when you can get them? Jkjk

I haven’t read what was before. Just saw this and couldn’t help but laugh. Not picking on you. You know what I mean. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Other countries look up to us again? Do tell. Which ones? Great Britain, who had more anti-trump protestors show up for him than pro-trumpers showed up at his inauguration?

Guess you didn't see all those who showed up the next day to support him.  of course you wouldn't have unless you watched FOX News.

Not to mention he got a signed agreement from all NATO members to up their ante to the 2% per member minimum. Before the meeting, the only large members doing that were the U.S. and England were. Get over your HTS and you will at least have less stress.

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Guess you didn't see all those who showed up the next day to support him.  of course you wouldn't have unless you watched FOX News.

Not to mention he got a signed agreement from all NATO members to up their ante to the 2% per member minimum. Before the meeting, the only large members doing that were the U.S. and England were. Get over your HTS and you will at least have less stress.

3,000 people showed up to support him. There are at least that many American Republicans and way more British skinheads in London on any given day. Nice try. 

Yes, I hate human filth occupying the White House, endangering our freedoms and generally doing a predictably terrible job as president.

I also hate disingenuous cowards who make and perpetuate false claims and then refuse to face the consequences.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

3,000 people showed up to support him. There are at least that many American Republicans and way more British skinheads in London on any given day. Nice try. ----and lots of the anti-Trump protesters were paid.

Yes, I hate human filth occupying the White House, endangering our freedoms and generally doing a predictably terrible job as president.------That's a pitiful commentary but you own it. What freedoms has he endangered. Baloney.....just the opposite. If he doesn't accomplish any more than the lot he already has, getting two, and possibly three, justices on SCOTUS will be monumental.

I also hate disingenuous cowards who make and perpetuate false claims and then refuse to face the consequences.----so you didn't like Obama?

So carry on with your hate then for 2 more years if it makes you feel better. To each his own.

Archived