BBQ Discussion thread

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

BBQ is a way of cooking food, not a gathering of people cooking food. That's called a cook out. Sorry. I'm one of those who has a pet pieve about the difference.

why?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well at least you admit it now we need to convince bird 

Psshh! He's known I'm weird for 8 or 9 years now.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

BBQ is a way of cooking food, not a gathering of people cooking food. That's called a cook out. Sorry. I'm one of those who has a pet pieve about the difference.

I have a pet peeve about when people conflate bbqing and grilling, big difference!

SOMEONE SAY BBQ??!?!?! WOOO!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!

bbq.gif

qwee.gif

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No convince bird he's weird as well numnuts

I knew what you meant raisin nuts. Lol.

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

I have a pet peeve about when people conflate bbqing and grilling, big difference!

That's what I meant.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's what I meant.

You two need to get together and have a BBQ cook out and please invite bird he feels left out so much.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I knew what you meant raisin nuts. Lol.

Well I remember when you first joined AE never thought you would make it. :poke:

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I remember when you first joined AE never thought you would make it. :poke:

Thank heavens your close personal friend the good Lord gave people like You & Bird the grace to let me make it.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

pet pieve 

Peeve, not pieve. Sorry, E, but I’m bored.  ?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ever since I saw this video, when BBQ is mentioned this lady comes to mind. One of the funniest things I ever saw. If anyone by chance has never seen it just Google "I ain't got no time for that". 

tumblr_m2fi7rpRYX1qcwgrvo2_250.gif

59d.gif

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Ever since I saw this video, when BBQ is mentioned this lady comes to mind. One of the funniest things I ever saw. If anyone by chance has never seen it just Google "I ain't got no time for that". 

tumblr_m2fi7rpRYX1qcwgrvo2_250.gif

59d.gif

I remember that one lol

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

In Texas, it's called a bar-b-que...both the cooking and the event surrounding it.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope, it means both.. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Nope, it means both.. 

You’re a chef so I trust you. Why do others get bent out of shape about it then thinking they are different?

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You’re a chef so I trust you. Why do others get bent out of shape about it then thinking they are different?

Historically in the South barbecues entailed the smoking of a whole pig which also entailed a gathering of many to enjoy on the kill.  So they literally became one in the same.   To best answer your question: because we are humans and nobody understands us!!

This is obviously a SERIOUS topic. I COMPLETELY agree with you, E, that grilling and BBQing are NOT the same. Anyone who says they are grilling a pork shoulder for pulled pork has ZERO credibility. But even though grilling and BBQing are vastly different, I don't have a problem with calling a gathering of friends to cook and eat pulled pork a BBQ or a Bar-be-que!

Archived