BBQ Discussion thread

1 minute ago, fredst said:

But bbq and bass fishing go together like peas and carrots so...

....and Timmy loves Auburn Football.......win wins galore?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

....and Timmy loves Auburn Football.......win wins galore?

Nice when we see him and Kennedy repping AU out there on the fishing circuit. Love that Kennedy always wears an AU hat...

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

Nice when we see him and Kennedy repping AU out there on the fishing circuit. Love that Kennedy always wears an AU hat...

Definitley considering Tripp Weldon and his turd allegiance.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, AURex said:

Late to this conversation, but gotta raise the issue.

My dad was Alabama born and raised. I was born at Ft Benning, but spent most of my youth in Alabama.

After the Korean War, my dad (the entire family) were stationed on Oahu. There were many occasions when we feasted at a luau. This was before commercialization of the islands. Authentic pit-roasted pig. Genuine Kalua Pork.

I clearly remember him saying on several occasions "This is some of the best BBQ pork I've ever tasted." (Except with a few expletives included.) But, is it BBQ?

In the 1980s, I lived in Houston and spent a good amount of time eating my way through Texas cuisine. I'm gonna go on record right here, saying pit roasted beef is amazing. It sure ain't grilled, but is it BBQ?

When I see the term BBQ, I immediately think of slow smoked meat. But because of my history, I'm inclined to include pit roasted in that category as well. Because ... well .... dayum!

Your thoughts?

Old man drifting OT

Friend of a friend (RIP on the former), a veteran greenskeeper, had cut a 9-hole, par-3 golf course through the woods on his land (across the river from me here). Fairways were only about 15-18 ft wide but well maintained, greens were small but exquisite. Threw an annual tournament/party (the Swamp Fever Classic) and, among other voluminous victuals, buried a pig. Seemed to have the unerring knack to build a coal pit that quickly stabilized to body temperature and stayed steady there, all night and half the day. Every year, or at least the 4-5 that I was able to attend, we all thanked him graciously for keeping the trailer full of oysters properly iced.

Spelling edit

On 6/28/2018 at 11:12 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Old man drifting OT

Friend of a friend (RIP on the former), a veteran greenskeeper, had cut a 9-hole, par-3 golf course through the woods on his land (across the river from me here). Fairways were only about 15-18 ft wide but well maintained, greens were small but exquisite. Threw an annual tournament/party (the Swamp Fever Classic) and, among other voluminous victuals, buried a pig. Seemed to have the unerring knack to build a coal pit that quickly stabilized to body temperature and stayed steady there, all night and half the day. Every year, or at least the 4-5 that I was able to attend, we all thanked him graciously for keeping the trailer full of oysters properly iced.

Spelling edit

My brother-in-faw does that the Cuban way

My father-in-law who died a few years ago, pit roasted corn in their husks. Always seemed to get perfect results. Unfortunately, his idea of bbq was really just throwing meat on a gas grill. I preferred the corn.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

With the box?

Yes I guess you would call it a box built out cinder blocks. He learned it from his neighbors down in Delray Beach

Archived