2019 4* DE Kayode Oladele

War to the Eagle

Updated (12/17/17): Kayode Commits to AU!

“I’ve committed to Auburn,” Oladele said. “I committed because it feels like home here. It feels like family. Every time I’m down here, it’s just really nice, you know. The environment is somewhere I can see myself fitting, and the football program is something I can see myself fitting in with, and the school is a place I can see myself getting an education from.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/breaking-miami-area-dl-kayode-oladele-commits-auburn-florida-state-ole-miss

Beast-sized DE. Great offer sheet. Can't wait to see what Rodney would do with him.

219375.jpg&w=190&h=254
Kayode Oladele, DE
Miami, FL (Champagnat Catholic)
Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 236 | 40: 4.87

• Committed to AU 12/17/17; one-time FSU commit
  • Official Visit to AU 12/08/17
  • Unofficial Visits to AU 7/21/17 (camp), 11/25/17 (Iron Bowl)
  • Recruiters: Porter, Garner

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4* (ESPN300)
Rivals: 4*

Offers: Auburn, Baylor, Bowling Green, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Marshall, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee and Wisconsin, among others.

Oladele, who racked up 56 tackles and six sacks in just six games this past season, is fairly raw in regards to technique and go-to moves in the trenches, but is a physical specimen that does a good job of turning the corner and playing with relentlessness and effort. You will have to be patient with him, but this is a coachable kid that's equipped with athleticism and an intriguing build. At times he flashes that pop at the point of attack, but learning how to distribute his strength and playing with better technique will help take his craft to the next level.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kayode-Oladele-89229

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Beast-sized DE who looks to be nearing a commitment. Great offer sheet. Can'twait to see what Rodney would do with him.

Damn! Meant to make a thread on him earlier today. My only reservation on him is he didn't get to play all year because of a visa issue. That's cleared up but I still hate that he lost a full year of football.

He's committing on his birthday BTW. December 12th.

Kayode Oladele changes decision timeline

For a while, Kayode Oladele has been trending to Auburn.

After he visited for the Iron Bowl, Oladele sounded like he could be the next to commit. He’d set up a commitment date — Dec. 12, which is his birthday. It was set up two days after his Auburn official visit, which he still plans to take this upcoming weekend.

But there’s been a slight change in plans.

Oladele won’t make that decision a week from Tuesday, as originally planned. With Florida State — another key school involved — undergoing a coaching change, he wants to be patient so he can hear what the new Seminoles coach has to say.

Even with the delayed decision, the Tigers are still in a great spot.

“They told me I have opportunity if I come here. They want to work with me and develop me to get to where I want to get to in life,” Oladele said. “I would say [Auburn’s] top 2.”

Oladele’s most recent visit came for the Auburn-Alabama game.

IMG_0520_dnd0xf.jpg
Auburn commit Richard Jibunor and target Kayode Oladele attended the Iron Bowl. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Originally, he wanted that to be his official visit. Instead, because of Rodney Garner’s game-day availability, Oladele opted to wait until after the season to take that Auburn official visit. He still expects to take that this weekend. In fact, he’s finalizing the details of that trip later Tuesday.

One factor that will help Auburn: Richard Jibunor.

Both are Nigeria natives, and they spent a lot of time together over Iron Bowl weekend. Oladele admitted he heard from Jibunor on multiple occassions that he should just go ahead and commit to the Tigers to end the process. That’s still what most people expect to happen, but the wait might drag on a week or two longer than previously scheduled.

“He’s committed. He was telling me to come here. We should team up. He was telling me all the coaches are really good to him, which is actually what made him make the decision of coming [to Auburn],” Oladele said. “He’s recruiting me so hard and telling me to come here and become a family.”

Oladele hopes to sign and enroll early after making his upcoming decision.

lol what?! surely a official visit to ole miss is not what made him push this back. I hope we can lock him up and get him to go back to the original timeline on his OV this weekend.

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol what?! surely a official visit to ole miss is not what made him push this back. I hope we can lock him up and get him to go back to the original timeline on his OV this weekend.

From the article ellitor posted above:

"Oladele won’t make that decision a week from Tuesday, as originally planned. With Florida State — another key school involved — undergoing a coaching change, he wants to be patient so he can hear what the new Seminoles coach has to say."

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

From the article ellitor posted above:

"Oladele won’t make that decision a week from Tuesday, as originally planned. With Florida State — another key school involved — undergoing a coaching change, he wants to be patient so he can hear what the new Seminoles coach has to say."

Something changed. He has been all Auburn for so long. I just took for granted he would be a part of this class. He did not need to see who the new FSU coach was before. This is something new and a development. The only thing that has happened is him going on a OV to Ole Miss. If he still keeps the scheduled OV to Auburn for this weekend and it goes well and we knock it out of the park I still think he could commit to us at his originally scheduled time. LETS LOCK HIM DOWN BABY!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN!!!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Something changed. He has been all Auburn for so long. I just took for granted he would be a part of this class. He did not need to see who the new FSU coach was before. This is something new and a development. The only thing that has happened is him going on a OV to Ole Miss. If he still keeps the scheduled OV to Auburn for this weekend and it goes well and we knock it out of the park I still think he could commit to us at his originally scheduled time. LETS LOCK HIM DOWN BABY!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN!!!

LOL. FSU didn't have a coaching change before. FSU has always been a factor if they wanted to be. He was previously committed to them remember.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LOL. FSU didn't have a coaching change before. FSU has always been a factor if they wanted to be. He was previously committed to them remember.

why would he be more likely to commit to fsu a place he was previously committed to when most if not all of the staff he committed to will not be there? I could see your point if jimbo was still there. It is not like he is some lifelong noles fan or something. He has only been in the states a few years.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

why would he be more likely to commit to fsu a place he was previously committed to when most if not all of the staff he committed to will not be there? I could see your point if jimbo was still there. It is not like he is some lifelong noles fan or something. He has only been in the states a few years.

Maybe he really likes the school & it may have been Jimbo's choice for him to decommit & not Kayode's. Not the norm but that happens sometimes. He may have really gotten to like FSU a lot in his short time in the states.

Just now, ellitor said:

Maybe he really likes the school & it may have been Jimbo's choice for him to decommit & not Kayode's. That happens sometimes. He may have really gotten to like FSU a lot in his short time in the states.

HE LOVES AUBURN E!!!!! Not Fsu!!! THE SCHOOL IS AUBURN!!!!! lol. besides we need to keep this pipeline going!!!! I love it!!! Auburn loves it!! THE FANS LOVE IT!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I just want us to stay on this roll we are on in recruiting with all these 4 stars jumping on board!!! All this fsu talk nonsense will be put to bed with our in home this week and the OV this weekend. WAR DAMN!!!! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

HE LOVES AUBURN E!!!!! Not Fsu!!! THE SCHOOL IS AUBURN!!!!! lol. besides we need to keep this pipeline going!!!! I love it!!! Auburn loves it!! THE FANS LOVE IT!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I just want us to stay on this roll we are on in recruiting with all these 4 stars jumping on board!!! All this fsu talk nonsense will be put to bed with our in home this week and the OV this weekend. WAR DAMN!!!! 

The above is this in written form>>>>>

ric-flair-going-nuts-o.gif

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

He could also be using the FSU situation as an excuse to see what Steele is going to do.

has steele been involved heavily in his recruitment? I know he has for some kids. But I genuinely do not know about this recruitment. He was the reason we got smoke monday I remember that.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

The above is this in written form>>>>>

ric-flair-going-nuts-o.gif

tenor.gif

has steele been involved heavily in his recruitment? I know he has for some kids. But I genuinely do not know about this recruitment. He was the reason we got smoke monday I remember that.

That I don't know, but I got to believe that a new DC could cause some D kids to rethink things

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He's a factor in all our D recruits. He's a good recruiter in his own right & with T-Will often at the forefront CKS is a very good supporting actor. Plus if CKS took another job our D philosophy & type of personnel needs could change quite a bit.

2 ole miss mods put in crystal balls for him to ole miss today.

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Why in the world would he go to Ole Miss?

lol right? very weird. he went on a ov to ole miss last week and now he is changing his commitment announcement. WEIRD.

lol right? very weird. he went on a ov to ole miss last week and now he is changing his commitment announcement. WEIRD.

In days of old, I would have totally thought this was a negative sign. With this staff however, I’m more prone to believe AU must feel super strong about some players higher on the board. I bet Mr. Garner is going to deliver some more of his late recruiting surprises. WDE

Archived