2019 4* DE Kayode Oladele

War to the Eagle

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So you got a percentage on this one E, or gonna pull a big bird and say 50/50?

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

So you got a percentage on this one E, or gonna pull a big bird and say 50/50?

I don't do %s but if he signs next week AU is in very good shape.

9 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Kayode Oladele could be a great addition to our DE arsenal.. but does Coach Garner have any BIG DT's coming this way?  

What's your definition of big? 4* Coynis is 6'1, 300 lbs. High 3* Newkirk is 6'3, 290 lbs. Also heavily in the mix with 4* Andres Fox who they project to be a DT & fill out like Andrew Williams did. He's 6'4, 250 lbs right now.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What's your definition of big? 4* Coynis is 6'1, 300 lbs. High 3* Newkirk is 6'3, 290 lbs. Also heavily in the mix with 4* Andres Fox who they project to be a DT & fill out like Andrew Williams did. He's 6'4, 250 lbs right now.

Significant.   Shaping up to be a heck of a DL class.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Coynis will probably end up 320 by the end of his freshman year

Shaping up to be a very, very good DL group. I'm not sure it will play out this way with our current numbers crunch, but if we were to sign Oladele and Fox, I'd say DL is the strongest group in the class. I'd say that regardless of what happens with Schwartz and Ross at WR.

Honestly, I think Newkirk is the underrated prospect of this class. He's going to be a bear next year. We'll have to see what happens with Holland and Russell, but that DL group could be next level good next year. Bring both of those guys back, have Moultry and Bryant make natural progression, and plug Newkirk into the DT rotation... woof. That's a legit 10-deep (which is ideal) of playmakers at all spots. A boy can dream, can't he?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't do %s but if he signs next week AU is in very good shape.

Does the word redundant mean anything to you?

30 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Shaping up to be a very, very good DL group. I'm not sure it will play out this way with our current numbers crunch, but if we were to sign Oladele and Fox, I'd say DL is the strongest group in the class. I'd say that regardless of what happens with Schwartz and Ross at WR.

Honestly, I think Newkirk is the underrated prospect of this class. He's going to be a bear next year. We'll have to see what happens with Holland and Russell, but that DL group could be next level good next year. Bring both of those guys back, have Moultry and Bryant make natural progression, and plug Newkirk into the DT rotation... woof. That's a legit 10-deep (which is ideal) of playmakers at all spots. A boy can dream, can't he?

I still remember watching videos of Newkirk barreling over people in HS when he played RB. Dude is a beast. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Not sure how it applies here.

This is all light hearted with me:

Question was what percentage do you give of us signing him?

Your answer: If he signs with us we will be in good shape.

This sounded redundant to me. Guess I'm just bored.

I guess I'll just go hang out in the Pit of Misery with Mikey and Jeff.

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Dilly dilly.

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No, that is NOT what ellitor posted. He posted: "If he signs next week we are in good shape." You stuck the "with us" in there all by yourself. So, there was no redundancy.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, that is NOT what ellitor posted. He posted: "If he signs next week we are in good shape." You stuck the "with us" in there all by yourself. So, there was no redundancy.

Even more reason for me to join you Mikey.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. You put words in my mouth I didn't say. There was no "with us" in my post therefore no redundancy. I just said if he signs next week.

Your forgiveness please sir.

Mikey has already shamed me and I am joining him in the pit.

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Dilly Dilly

Can somebody explain what this means or the humor of it? Everyone around is saying it & I don't get it.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yeah but it means nothing per the Bud Light owners. They use it as a nonsense phrase.

yeah, but it has caught on with a lot of people just to be humorous and basically say Cheers.  Or at least that is how I have seen it used the most.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Your forgiveness please sir.

Mikey has already shamed me and I am joining him in the pit.

The pit is filled with seasonal cheer, c'mon in you'll like it! Gus has been given a raise and extension, we're attempting to keep all assistants, AU beat UA and UGA, recruiting is going great and the box of Christmas oranges we ordered to help the less fortunate arrived this morning. It doesn't get any better than this! :)

Archived