2019 4* DE Kayode Oladele

War to the Eagle

I'm a certified trainer and one year away from graduating in Collaborative Ed with a minor in Health/Fitness. I'm going to be a strength/condition coach and hopefully work my way up to college one day. There are SO many different chest exercises. There is no such thing as the "best" chest exercise. Everybody is built different and what may help grow for one person, may not be as beneficial for the other. You have to find that one lift that works for you. This  landmine press hits the chest but also works many accessory muscles. It's not an isolation chest exercise, so I see why he's doing them. This is better for explosion and overall body strength. Perfect for a football player.  For me, the class BB bench grows my chest the best. Typical, I know, but I also have other body building friends that'll prefer DB Bench or Cable Bench. You just have to find what works best for you. This is why I love body building and power lifting. There's so many variables that go into growth and progression. It truly is an art. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'm a certified trainer and one year away from graduating in Collaborative Ed with a minor in Health/Fitness. I'm going to be a strength/condition coach and hopefully work my way up to college one day. There are SO many different chest exercises. There is no such thing as the "best" chest exercise. Everybody is built different and what may help grow for one person, may not be as beneficial for the other. You have to find that one lift that works for you. This  landmine press hits the chest but also works many accessory muscles. It's not an isolation chest exercise, so I see why he's doing them. This is better for explosion and overall body strength. Perfect for a football player.  For me, the class BB bench grows my chest the best. Typical, I know, but I also have other body building friends that'll prefer DB Bench or Cable Bench. You just have to find what works best for you. This is why I love body building and power lifting. There's so many variables that go into growth and progression. It truly is an art. 

I rotate BB bench with DB bench. DB bench isn’t the best for muscle growth, but achieving balance via muscle coordination is huge also. 

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I rotate BB bench with DB bench. DB bench isn’t the best for muscle growth, but achieving balance via muscle coordination is huge also. 

Yes sir, Muscle confusion & DB is essential to work the stabilizers. I’m currently recovering from shoulder surgery. Was supposed to compete this year but this has screwed that up. Personally, I change my workouts & lifts up every 2 weeks, but I do train for power lifting. The 3 core lifts. Bench, squat, deads. So I normally train exercises to increase those lifts. Kayode, not so much. Glad to see him doing the explosive lifts! 

10 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yes sir, Muscle confusion & DB is essential to work the stabilizers. I’m currently recovering from shoulder surgery. Was supposed to compete this year but this has screwed that up. Personally, I change my workouts & lifts up every 2 weeks, but I do train for power lifting. The 3 core lifts. Bench, squat, deads. So I normally train exercises to increase those lifts. Kayode, not so much. Glad to see him doing the explosive lifts! 

Shoulder lifts have claimed lots of sets of shoulders. I wish I had more confidence in my back to keep doing squats and deadlifts. I  randomly tweaked my back one day last year just from a warmup set and I couldn’t even get off the couch for a couple days. I’m 28 and happily married and for now on I’m just doing maintenance sets. 

I am still lifting weights at 66. I do pyramids on Bench flat, incline, and decline. I do mix between Barbell and Dumbell but I don't overdo it anymore because when I pull something at my age it takes much longer to heal. I do other lifting besides the bench but that is most of what I do for the chest. As I get older I also do more on machines and less on free weights.

On our 2018 list of signees, I believe some of our signees should have been ranked as 5* players instead of 4* guys and all the others should have been ranked 4* and not 3* guys.Guys. Here are the guys that should've been 5* players. Asa Martin, Joey Gatewood, Shedrick Jackson, Matthew Hill, Kayode Oladale, Coynis Miller, Christian Tutt, Harold Joiner, Anthony Schwartz, Seth Williams, Michael Harris.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

On our 2018 list of signees, I believe some of our signees should have been ranked as 5* players instead of 4* guys and all the others should have been ranked 4* and not 3* guys.Guys. Here are the guys that should've been 5* players. Asa Martin, Joey Gatewood, Shedrick Jackson, Matthew Hill, Kayode Oladale, Coynis Miller, Christian Tutt, Harold Joiner, Anthony Schwartz, Seth Williams, Michael Harris.

11 5*'s I can go with that

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Thanks

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Shoulder lifts have claimed lots of sets of shoulders. I wish I had more confidence in my back to keep doing squats and deadlifts. I  randomly tweaked my back one day last year just from a warmup set and I couldn’t even get off the couch for a couple days. I’m 28 and happily married and for now on I’m just doing maintenance sets. 

Sheesh man I took a trip to snap city a few years ago and hurt my back as well bb squating. Took a huge toll on me as I kept working out after smh. Trainer told me I was gonna be fine. I hardly ever look at the squat rack anymore. I found some ways around it to still make gains.

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Sheesh man I took a trip to snap city a few years ago and hurt my back as well bb squating. Took a huge toll on me as I kept working out after smh. Trainer told me I was gonna be fine. I hardly ever look at the squat rack anymore. I found some ways around it to still make gains.

As I have gotten older I don't do true squats anymore just leg press machines then I don't have to worry about balance and hurting my back.

11 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As I have gotten older I don't do true squats anymore just leg press machines then I don't have to worry about balance and hurting my back.

I use the leg press machine too but try not to go too heavy as an injury video of someone using it scarred me.

• 4 months later...
A-well-a ev'rybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, b-birdd's a word
A-well, a bird, bird, bird, bird is a word
A-well, a bird, bird, bird, well-a bird is a word
A-well, a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word
A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird is a word
A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is a word
A-well-a-bird, bird, b-bird's a word, a-well-a
A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word
A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well, everybody's talking about the bird!
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, surfing bird, brrrrrrrrpagh!
Aaah, bap-a-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pap
Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa
Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa
Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa
Ma-ma-mow, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa