jeremy johnson lands with CFL squad

aubiefifty

AUBURN

Former Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson lands with CFL squad

Adam Spencer | 12 minutes ago

Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson had an up-and-down career with the Tigers, and didn’t end up going to the NFL after his playing days were over.

Now, though, he’s back on the gridiron, and will resume his career north of the border in the Canadian Football League.

As you can see below, the Saskatchewan Roughriders announced on Friday that Johnson had been signed to their practice squad:

Saskatchewan’s starting quarterback, Zach Collaros, is currently injured, with backup Brandon Bridge out of South Alabama taking over.

Johnson is being brought in to provide depth at the position, but if he performs well in his new role, perhaps he can carve out a future in the CFL.

I thought he went back to bball? But anyway....wish him luck in the CFL. I don't think it was lack of effort that caused him to flame out at AU so i'll always wish him the best

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I thought he went back to bball? But anyway....wish him luck in the CFL. I don't think it was lack of effort that caused him to flame out at AU so i'll always wish him the best

the last i heard he was a qb for an arena football team. i believe that to be true and if so maybe he is slinging the ball around better. i hope he makes it. i think if he ever overcomes his mentalblock he can be a great qb.

• 1 month later...

his wikipedia page says he was on the practice squad from June 28th to July 2nd......doesn't sounds like the CFL worked out for him

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 11:51 AM, gravejd said:

his wikipedia page says he was on the practice squad from June 28th to July 2nd......doesn't sounds like the CFL worked out for him

https://www.riderville.com/roster/

If this roster us up to date, and I think it is, there are three quarterbacks listed, Jeremy Johnson is not one of the three.

Nick Marshall and Trey Mason are both on the current roster!

Funny that 4 of the TDs were rushing the ball.

I am happy for him.  He looked pretty assertive in the videos that were showing.

Archived