Davis Daniel to return for his junior year

What awesome news. Our pitching staff is going to be deadly next season- 

Burns, Daniel, Greenhill, Anderson, Owen, Welby are all back along with some other guys who got a few innings this season..... Wade and Fuller look like 2 freshman that are going to come in and be able to contribute right away as well. 

Im really excited about 2019 Auburn Baseball. We, sadly, lost 5 starters in Estes, Jarvis, Anthony, Venter, and Wright, but will replace them with some very intriguing talent. If our Freshmen phenoms from this past season continue to light it up as much as they did last season, we’re gonna have some great experienced play. 

This is huge for our program, and speaks very well of Coach Thompson and his staff. 2019 AU baseball could be very special. 

I would to know who might the potential starters replacing those who left.

Thanks & WDE!

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I would to know who might the potential starters replacing those who left.

Thanks & WDE!

My guess as of today:

Fri - Tanner Burns

Sat - Davis Daniel

Sun - ??? 

I think that Sunday spot is wide open. Greenhill, Owen, Garrett Wade, Kyle Gray, Bailey Horn, Ryan Watson, Rhett Fetner, Ryan Hoerter, all could factor into that third starting spot and the midweek starting spot. 

12 hours ago, boomstick said:

My guess as of today:

Fri - Tanner Burns

Sat - Davis Daniel

Sun - ??? 

I think that Sunday spot is wide open. Greenhill, Owen, Garrett Wade, Kyle Gray, Bailey Horn, Ryan Watson, Rhett Fetner, Ryan Hoerter, all could factor into that third starting spot and the midweek starting spot. 

I'm hoping Garrett Wade can be the Tanner Burns type guy from this year. I think Burns and Daniel will be a killer 1-2 punch this year and if Wade can figure it out quickly, that'd be ideal. Keep Greenhill as your closer.

Davis had a third great appearance for his Cape Cod team (the Chatham Anglers) last night. He got the start and went 4 scoreless, hitless innings with one walk and 4 Ks. So far this summer, he’s made three appearances (2 starts) and thrown 11.2 innings and allowed 0 runs on 2 hits and 2 walks while tallying 14 Ks. 

46 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm hoping Garrett Wade can be the Tanner Burns type guy from this year. I think Burns and Daniel will be a killer 1-2 punch this year and if Wade can figure it out quickly, that'd be ideal. Keep Greenhill as your closer.

I agree that would be ideal. I’d want to do everything possible to keep Greenhill as a closer. And even if Wade isn’t ready for the SEC just yet, hopefully a guy like Ryan Watson or one of the JUCO arms can become a starter to keep Greenhill in place. 

23 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Paging @Tigerbelle.....

Thanks for the page!  I am beside myself with excitement!! 

After his terrific performance in Gainesville I was just so proud of Davis Daniel. Coach Thompson has done an amazing job with Davis and I can't wait to see him take the mound again. I hope I get a chance to go to a game in Auburn and see him in action.

This is really really great news for the 2019 season!!! 

WDE Davis Daniel!!!

20 hours ago, boomstick said:

My guess as of today:

Fri - Tanner Burns

Sat - Davis Daniel

Sun - ??? 

Maybe Jack Owen on Sunday and move a new guy into the Tuesday night slot....

Keep Greenhill as the closer. He fills that role so well.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:15 AM, Gowebb11 said:

This is huge for our program, and speaks very well of Coach Thompson and his staff. 2019 AU baseball could be very special. 

This is the first time in my life (born in 1977) that I can remember looking towards the upcoming season in all 3 major sports (football, men’s basketball, and baseball) and feeling confident that it can be a very good season in all 3!!!  I’m super pumped about the 2018-19 sports year at AU!!!!

Archived