Happy 4th

corchjay

It was a great day....18 holes of mediocre golf...(nine with my wife) ...….nice celebration lunch with a bunch of friends and now just waiting for darkness and  the fireworks show that we will be able to see from our back deck...clear evening forecast...…what could be better ?    Hope y'all enjoyed the day too.   War Eagle.....

Happy 4th to all. Beautiful day in Mexico Beach FL today and looking forward to homemade Apple Pie with ice cream tonight. 

Football pre season serious kicks off after the 4th to me. Remember the old days pre internet. Athlon came out with the pre-season publication a few days prior to 4th to get us primed.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Happy 4th to all. Beautiful day in Mexico Beach FL today and looking forward to homemade Apple Pie with ice cream tonight. 

Football pre season serious kicks off after the 4th to me. Remember the old days pre internet. Athlon came out with the pre-season publication a few days prior to 4th to get us primed.

I remember them well.  Always got a Lindy's, Athlon & The Sporting News to take on vacation.

Unfortunately, it's a crummy one down here as we're socked in with nasty thunderstorms.  Oh, well...

Still.. God bless the USA!

The most exhausting yet non working day for me in a while. I worked 17 days straight at work and spent 2-3 hours a day working at my mom’s house. Remodeling kitchen, tiling trimming etc. and taking care of her pool. 

But I played golf for the first time in 11 months. Hampton Cove , River course. 10am tee time ( I’ll go to church Sunday)     . Not bad though made a few swings on the practice tee. Shot a scrambling 38 on the front. The heat took its toll on the back but I was on 18tee needing par for a 77......dumped two in the drink?. 81 still ain’t bad for a year layoff. As soon as my lower left abdomen strain recovers I’m getting back in. 

But, I got home collected the boss and kids and headed to moms pool. Actually got in it. The closest thing I did to work is starting the grill. Good day for sure. Went to my uncle’s for fireworks. I don’t even want to know how much he paid for that artillary but it was awesome. 

Archived