2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Haven't read thru much of this tread. What little I did are saying they don't want Cord? Wow. AU has one SEC QB in Stidham. Then the drop off is huge. Neither MW or Gatewood are ready. Sign Cord up yesterday. 

Remember when we didn't want Davis Webb because we didn't want Tyler Queen to transfer? How about when we didn't want Russell Wilson because we didn't want Tyrik Rollison to transfer? Auburn fans will ALWAYS think 1) the biggest RB is the best RB and 2) we have enough QBs. SSDD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, toddc said:

He seems to really love AU so I believe there’s a good chance he would do anything for the team to win at AUBURN, even if it meant giving up his dream to be an sec qb!what say you guys?

Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How about when we didn't want Russell Wilson because we didn't want Tyrik Rollison to transfer?

Not sure that's why Chiz wasn't all in after him. Gus wanted him bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Remember when we didn't want Davis Webb because we didn't want Tyler Queen to transfer? How about when we didn't want Russell Wilson because we didn't want Tyrik Rollison to transfer? Auburn fans will ALWAYS think 1) the biggest RB is the best RB and 2) we have enough QBs. SSDD

We wanted Wilson. Could have had Wilson. Chiz didn't want to promise the starting job to Wilson, Burt did. Wilson went to Wiskey. Gus wanted to promise the starting job to Wilson FWIW. Gus did promise the starting job to Marshall and we got Marshall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, ellitor said:

Chiz wanted Wilson to "earn the job". Dumb dumb dumb. Gus wanted to give Wilson the promise. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We wanted Wilson. Could have had Wilson. Chiz didn't want to promise the starting job to Wilson, Burt did. Wilson went to Wiskey. Gus wanted to promise the starting job to Wilson FWIW. Gus did promise the starting job to Marshall and we got Marshall. 

I was poking fun at our fellow fans. Unless I'm misremembering the conversation. But I don't think I am. Pretty sure people were loudly questioning any courtship of Wilson because we were so stacked with Rollison, Frazier, Trotter, etc. 

Edit: And that was definitely the conversation with Webb, and here we are again.

On this one, Gus is *definitely* smarter than some members of the Fam. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 4

If this guy is as good as Tebow then why not take him?  That's ALMOST as good as Cam....and we all loved Cam.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody is saying don’t take Cord in fear of Gatewood transferring. If anything causes Gatewood to transfer, it will be a position change. 

Edited by aujeff11

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was poking fun at our fellow fans. Unless I'm misremembering the conversation. But I don't think I am. Pretty sure people were loudly questioning any courtship of Wilson because we were so stacked with Rollison, Frazier, Trotter, etc

A lot of people are serious about the Situation. I get the impression I wasn’t the only one this time that missed your sarcasm. It may have helped to use the sarcasm emoji or some kind a ? to let us know you were joking.

Unless I’m misremembering this- the main reason that Chiz wasn’t as interested in Sandberg the first time around was because we were in the middle of transitioning from the HUNH with Gus to a traditional pro-style attack with Loeffler. Sandberg was deemed to not fit that offensive system and we went all-in on Jeremy Johnson. 

On 7/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, ellitor said:

So AU has reportedly offered former minor leaguer Cord Sandberg a full ride scholly. He was a 4* QB out of high school 5 years ago. More details in the article below. Will see how this develops before creating a thread on him.

Class of 13? Damn... Good thing we got Montravious Atkinson to show him how to reap the AARP benefits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A lot of people are serious about the Situation. I get the impression I wasn’t the only one this time that missed your sarcasm. It may have helped to use the sarcasm emoji or some kind a ? to let us know you were joking.

Well, I did say "fans" in the post. But point taken. 

You should see how often people don't realize I'm joking IRL. I'm working on it. 

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Anybody seeing a resemblance here?

image.pngimage.png

BOOM!  SIGN 'IM!!!

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't you think Sean White 2.0 would be a pretty good 4th string QB?

Yes I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

If this guy is as good as Tebow then why not take him?  That's ALMOST as good as Cam....and we all loved Cam.

That's a mighty big "if".

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

BOOM!  SIGN 'IM!!!

Agree.

Cord Sandberg is so powerful that he staged a revolution and renamed himself The People's Republic of Wade Christopher. His flag is 13 orange and blue bars and a picture of Chris Weinke dabbing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's a mighty big "if".

From an article in the first post:

Dan Mullen, the head coach with the Gators, recruited Sandberg, who drew comparisons to Tim Tebow for his playing style in high school, when he was at Mississippi State.

Boom.  We’ve got ourselves Tebow if we can reel him in.  Does anyone know if he’s related to Ryan Sandberg?

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

who drew comparisons to Tim Tebow for his playing style in high school,

Drawing comparisons is a long, long way from being the next Tebow. JJ drew comparisons to Cam.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Dan Mullen, the head coach with the Gators, recruited Sandberg, who drew comparisons to Tim Tebow for his playing style in high school, when he was at Mississippi State.

Boom.  We’ve got ourselves Tebow if we can reel him in.  Does anyone know if he’s related to Ryan Sandberg?

He's not.  That was my first thought as well...

Edited by AUsince72

PS: If his deal with pro baseball included they'd pay for college, then I can see trying to get this guy "for free" since he wouldn't have to use up a scholarship slot. If that's not the deal, then the coaches will know if he's worth the slot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don't know if Tebow is related to Ryan Sandberg but it's really exciting that we got Tebow 2.0 which is Cam .75 which is still one of the top 5 QBs of all time. It's also nice that now we won't have to recruit a QB in the 2020 class and we can save that spot for more tight ends. 

• Like 1