2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect every interview he has given he has said or strongly implied AU has offered a full ride scholly beginning this Fall. & AU can do it & here's why. We have 21 initial counters who have received Financial Aid/scholly for the first time at AU this calendar year. All 20 enrollies from this list plus grad transfer Jack Driscoll who started classes in May or June. When Flash, Miller, & Sipposs get their actual 1st financial aid from AU they will become initial counters. Oladele would have been 25 had he qualified but he didn't. Most people including recruiting analysts (I did too til I did some more digging into NCAA rules the past couple of days) think signees = initial counters but they don't. What signing an NLI does is guarantees that recruit has an initial counter spot if he meets all the academic requirements. If he doesn't meet the academic requirements the the team can release the prospective student from the NLI & give the actual financial aid to a different prospective student. A prospective student doesn't have to sign a NLI or Financial Aid agreement in order to enroll at AU & get on scholly at AU. That's how Cord can be the 25th initial counter for the 2018 Calendar year. I will create another thread explaining the signing & IC rules & how they differ using input from AU compliance & NCAA handbook tomorrow. It's late though so I'm going to bed now. My apologies to @oracle79 & everyone for the misinformation I have pounded this past week.

Well then, that explains it. Quote: " Most people including recruiting analysts (I did too til I did some more digging into NCAA rules the past couple of days)

Way to dig! I do wish the NCAA would go through at least one year when they left things alone.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

So, if every thing fell in place and he choose us, he could be on campus for the start of fall practice? 

Correct

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Correct

Also he plans to be at his chosen school this Fall.

Who do our insiders think is in the lead for Sandberg's commitment right no?  My guess would be UCF at least for getting on the field quicker.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

His SR stat line from his 247 page is fairly impressive. 35 TDs & 1 INT. 67% completion percentage.

Appears to be comfortable on the run & in the pocket. If he runs a legit 4.6 I would think he could be a true Dual. Here is a SR eval FWIW...

Thanks E. You are on the ball when it comes to this stuff. You are an amazing asset to this website. 

And I'm glad you get treated better here than the other one (that I know) you post on (rant.) I saw how someone was bashing you in the recruiting thread on the other site and I couldn't believe it. 

Just please know how much we appreciate you. 

43 minutes ago, autan said:

Who do our insiders think is in the lead for Sandberg's commitment right no?  My guess would be UCF at least for getting on the field quicker.

I'm no insider by a long shot, but reading everything I can about this young man, it looks as if we are solidly in the lead for his commitment. Us offering him a full ride apparently means a lot to him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

it looks as if we are solidly in the lead for his commitment.

Not sure about solid lead but we appear to be trending right now.

4 hours ago, autan said:

UCF has M. Milton at QB for two more years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he is a take, but only if we can have his highlight video's background music piped into the stadium when he's on the field.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pedaler said:

I think he is a take, but only if we can have his highlight video's background music piped into the stadium when he's on the field.

Cord is definitely a take right now FWIW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Image result for major league wild thing gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for major league wild thing gif

CORD THING! YOU MAKE MY HEART SING!...CORD THING! I THINK I LOVE YOU!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2018 at 9:58 AM, ellitor said:

CORD THING! YOU MAKE MY HEART SING!...CORD THING! I THINK I LOVE YOU!

I bet @augolf1716 is about the only poster that could potentially name the band that sang that (real) song without using Google. And, I will say, that yes I am able to because it’s on one of my playlists....

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I bet @augolf1716 is about the only poster that could potentially name the band that sang that (real) song without using Google. And, I will say, that yes I am able to because it’s on one of my playlists....

Too easy nice outfits but you need to notice the girl........................

• Love 1

I've always thought the Auburn automobile was a great looking car but didn't realize the owner's name was Cord. This is an Auburn Cord Duesenburg. Seems like a natural fit. 

1936-cord-810-cabriolet.jpg

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, fredst said:

There was a time when I could, but now I can't remember.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:26 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Thanks E. You are on the ball when it comes to this stuff. You are an amazing asset to this website. 

And I'm glad you get treated better here than the other one (that I know) you post on (rant.) I saw how someone was bashing you in the recruiting thread on the other site and I couldn't believe it. 

Just please know how much we appreciate you. 

Ditto

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/former-pro-baseball-player-4-star-qb-sets-visits

Former pro baseball player, 4-star QB sets visits

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

@JLeeAURivals

Cord Sandberg will begin his college football career at one of three schools.

The former four-star quarterback, who played six seasons in the Philadelphia Phillies minor league system, has narrowed his options to Auburn, LSU and N.C. State and will take an official visit to each in July.

“I have enjoyed conversations with the coaches at all of those schools,” Sandberg said. “I can see myself enjoying going to school for 3-4 years in those towns.”

Sandberg has an offer from Auburn and would go on scholarship in January at both N.C. State and LSU. He’ll take an official visit to N.C. State July 25-26, Auburn July 26-28 and LSU July 28-29.

“Those are the three schools I want to visit,” Sandberg said. “I have definitely enjoyed my conversations with those coaches staffs and I feel good about those situations.”

Sandberg, who turns 24 in January, also had offers and interest from UCLA, Florida and UCF, among others. In the end, Sandberg felt his best opportunity was with one of his three finalists.

“Offensively, N.C. State and Auburn are a little more similar as far as the spread (offense), and LSU is maybe working to be more of a spread,” Sandberg said. “I feel comfortable with the conversations I’ve had with all of those guys and what my role would be playing quarterback at all of those schools.”

Sandberg signed with Mississippi State in 2013 out of Manatee in Bradenton, Fla. He was ranked the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the class and No. 158 in the Rivals250.

Sandberg plans to make his decision after his visits and enroll at the college of his choice in August. He will have five years to play four.

Edited by toddc
Added article link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The way I read this is Sandberg would go on schollie at AU immdiately but not until Jan. at LSU and NCS.  Is that correct?  However, I  rather doubt if this difference would  weigh much if any in making his final decision.

Edited by autan
spelling

I believe I saw where Gators offer was invited walk-on.  If Sandberg signs with AU would you expect him to move to No. 2 pretty quickly at fall camp?