2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

NC state? Trash.

my personal opinion with no knowledge of the situation is I bet he would have the best chance to play right away there out of all the schools on his list.

Edited by GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

my personal opinion with no knowledge of the situation is I bet he would have the best chance to play right away here out of all the schools on his list.

Based on some of the things I have read on here, he seems to have as good of a chance as anybody once JS is gone.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Based on some of the things I have read on here, he seems to have as good of a chance as anybody once JS is gone.

O my bad I meant NC STATE. I bet he has the best chance to start there sooner than anywhere else. But yes you are def right on Auburns front.

Just skimmed this dude's TL. He's got "Gus Malzahn QB" written all over him in terms of personality. I don't need to be specific and I'm not saying it's bad, at all. Dude seems like a natural leader. Whether or not our team would respond to him, I don't know. But this guy will crush a lot of interviews and pass every background check. It all makes sense to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Just skimmed this dude's TL. He's got "Gus Malzahn QB" written all over him in terms of personality. I don't need to be specific and I'm not saying it's bad, at all. Dude seems like a natural leader. Whether or not our team would respond to him, I don't know. But this guy will crush a lot of interviews and pass every background check. It all makes sense to me. 

SOLD!!!!!! @fredst do you approve?! lol. When his playing days are over he is going to make a GREAT recruiter. He already has a eye for talent! haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

SOLD!!!!!! @fredst do you approve?! lol. When his playing days are over he is going to make a GREAT recruiter. He already has a eye for talent! haha

Hah! Definitely part of what I was talking about.

I get a big Stidham/Tebow vibe, maybe minus the resumes and somewhere in the middle on the charisma. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

my personal opinion with no knowledge of the situation is I bet he would have the best chance to play right away there out of all the schools on his list.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

NC state? Trash.

I'm sure Russell Wilson appreciates that comment.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm sure Russell Wilson appreciates that comment.

hahaha

Yep after seeing this picture, he’s definitely our guy.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That fake cave entrance looks tacky

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I did not realize that NC State’s stadium seating capacity is only 57,600. Wow. 

Never has been known as a dread to play in stadium. great fans but not very loud

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

ACC stadiums in general are minor league. FSU seats 80k but sells out only 2-3 games per season. 

Clemson is the only one that can say would be SEC big boys wise imo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

That only applies if some others disappoint. In fact, three others would have to disappoint. I think we should sign him, just as I think most people should have fire insurance. A person probably won't need it, but it doesn't cost all that much to be covered.

• Like 3

Except it won't be a disappointment if Gatewood isn't an SEC QB. The warning signs were discussed ad nauseam for his entire recruitment. 

And Nix will be 18 years old next season. I won't be disappointed if he's not ready to start. 

And I will cop to unwarranted enthusiasm about Willis, but there is no real reason to expect him to be the next great Auburn QB. 

"Disappointment" might be a strong reaction to any of those guys not being a legit SEC starter in 2019. Willis is probably the most solid candidate, though, given his time on campus, his athleticism and some of the things we'd heard out of practices last season. I'm not writing any of them off, but if anybody is putting all their eggs in one of those baskets, then they are paying attention to the wrong things. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Except it won't be a disappointment if Gatewood isn't an SEC QB. The warning signs were discussed ad nauseam for his entire recruitment. 

And Nix will be 18 years old next season. I won't be disappointed if he's not ready to start. 

And I will cop to unwarranted enthusiasm about Willis, but there is no real reason to expect him to be the next great Auburn QB. 

"Disappointment" might be a strong reaction to any of those guys not being a legit SEC starter in 2019. Willis is probably the most solid candidate, though, given his time on campus, his athleticism and some of the things we'd heard out of practices last season. I'm not writing any of them off, but if anybody is putting all their eggs in one of those baskets, then they are paying attention to the wrong things. 

This.  Instead of giving Willis important reps under pressure in garbage games we almost strictly had him run the read option.  We have zero clue what the future holds for him under pressure throwing the football other than A Day and that was not pretty.  Remember when JJ played in 1 game against a bad Arkansas team and people had him in the Heisman talk to start the following year.  What if Saban had only allowed Tua to run the zone read and nothing else before needing him in the championship game.  Depth at a position is more than just having people lined up to play there.  Having depth at a position is what Rodney Garner does by rewarding max effort with playing time so that his guys are fresh and so that he knows what he has the following year without waiting until they must start before finding out.  QB is obviously a different animal but can we at least know what we have for next year instead of waiting until game 1.  Sign this Sandberg guy up.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Besides the well discussed RB situation ... this is the other gus roster management issue that baffles me.  Put the backup QB’s in the game and run the dang offense!  If we win by 70 then so be it ... well primarily related to the QB.

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Never has been known as a dread to play in stadium. great fans but not very loud

NC State's Football stadium is not even on campus. That is not a good thing. When I think of my AU game day memories, a lot of it involved the campus before the game, and all the cool stuff going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

NC State's Football stadium is not even on campus. That is not a good thing. When I think of my AU game day memories, a lot of it involved the campus before the game, and all the cool stuff going on.

I didn't know that about NC State's stadium. I feel the same about the on campus stadium experience being more than just the game on game days.

Down here in Mobile they are arguing over whether they should build a stadium on campus or continue using LADD Stadium. To me it is a no brainer that an on campus stadium will generate more buzz and revenue. Not to mention easier for them to recruit. 

• Like 1