2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not neccesarily. Our staff don't pull schollies from players who came in on scholly barring behavior issues.

I was being facetious lol. Basically, People need to calm down. A year can do wonders for QB play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He wouldn't be on scholarship if they didn't...

Not calling names but there are several players on scholarship who aren't going to contribute on the field for AU. As is the case at all schools.

Thanks for the info @auburnphan. Either I didn't know that or forgot you posted it.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

tried to trash a young man's character. 

In what way? I don't think I've ever seen his character trashed from his college days.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks for the info @auburnphan. Either I didn't know that or forgot you posted it.

In what way? I don't think I've ever seen his character trashed from his college days.

making up lies that he demanded to be named the starter is just that.   If it wasn't such a terrible lie it could have affected his draft stock.

As much as I like bringing in talent, why are we are looking to bring in Cord? I've seen mention of a potential Joey Gatewood position change but I've found nothing that supports that banter. Anyone wanna fill me in?

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

In 2019, we'll have 3 scholarship QBs on roster:

-One of those 3 is currently in high school.

-Another of those 3 was not a full-time starter at QB in high school and has barely had any college practice yet. Meanwhile, he has freak athletic ability that could be useful at other positions. Does that mean he'll switch positions? No. Does that make it slightly more likely that he could? I think so. Another thing to consider is that he's not a backup QB. He's either a starting QB or a starting something else. And if he's not going to start here, then he'll go somewhere else. 

-The 3rd guy may or may not be starting material. I happen to think he is, but remember that nobody had ever heard his name before he signed with us at the last minute. 

No matter how you cut it, we have absolutely no guarantees once Stidham is gone. We need at least 2 capable guys. Given our track record- like that of many, many teams- it would be very unusual for 2 of the 3 guys that we currently have slated for 2019 to be legitimate SEC QBs. Imagine me telling you that Chris Todd would start over Kodi Burns, or that Barrett Trotter would start over Kiehl Frazier, or that Sean White would start over Jeremy Johnson. All of those happened just in the last 9 seasons. 

We need insurance. And the more I think about it, the more I think this guy could be more than insurance. 

I promise I’m not stalking your posts but this was a quality post and deserves more than a “like”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

-Another of those 3 was not a full-time starter at QB in high school and has barely had any college practice yet. Meanwhile, he has freak athletic ability that could be useful at other positions. Does that mean he'll switch positions? No. Does that make it slightly more likely that he could? I think so. Another thing to consider is that he's not a backup QB. He's either a starting QB or a starting something else. And if he's not going to start here, then he'll go somewhere else. 

-The 3rd guy may or may not be starting material. I happen to think he is, but remember that nobody had ever heard his name before he signed with us at the last minute. 

No matter how you cut it, we have absolutely no guarantees once Stidham is gone. We need at least 2 capable guys. Given our track record- like that of many, many teams- it would be very unusual for 2 of the 3 guys that we currently have slated for 2019 to be legitimate SEC QBs. Imagine me telling you that Chris Todd would start over Kodi Burns, or that Barrett Trotter would start over Kiehl Frazier, or that Sean White would start over Jeremy Johnson. All of those happened just in the last 9 seasons. 

We need insurance. And the more I think about it, the more I think this guy could be more than insurance. 

You are a much better person than me. Now I see why E gets so heated lol.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I promise I’m not stalking your posts but this was a quality post and deserves more than a “like”.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What's funny is I'm just pulling from recent memory. Several of us said almost all of these same things just 2 years ago when we were recruiting Davis Webb. Sub Barrett for Nix, Franklin for Gatewood and Queen and maybe White for Willis. (We knew for a fact that JJ wasn't going to work out. And we knew that Queen was injury prone and had never taken a college snap. White was... more problematic in assessing.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

making up lies that he demanded to be named the starter is just that.   If it wasn't such a terrible lie it could have affected his draft stock.

Never saw that it was a demand he gave but a supposed promise BB made to ensure getting him.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

whoop-there-it-is.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

It was gif-worthy & got one from me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Please explain pray-tell.

34 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Does Kayode Oladele not enrolling free up a slot for Sandberg?

See above a few posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saminbama said:

Does Kayode Oladele not enrolling free up a slot for Sandberg?

No. We had a spot open already since we had already offered Cord for this Fall.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Please explain pray-tell.

Because I can see how tiring he can be to explain the same thing to grown adult men and women. Things we can figure out by deductive reasoning haha. I guess somebody has to do it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

What level of interest does he have in Auburn?  Who is leading at this point?

Answers to both are TBD

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

this post should probably be copied and pasted  many times over the next few months.  it will probably  answer questions over and over again. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Feel bad for poor Kiehl...just dang

Yeah, we need a "where are they now" article.  Kind of wonder what Kiehl is up to now.  Sort of....maybe

13 hours ago, aublaise said:

Yeah, we need a "where are they now" article.  Kind of wonder what Kiehl is up to now.  Sort of....maybe

Dad (Robin) used to be on this site. Ask him.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. We had a spot open already since we had already offered Cord for this Fall.

Just a few days ago we were "full up". All 25 were said to have been used. Are you certain that Cord was offered for this fall, not as an early 2019 signee in December?