Looks Like NOKO is Reneging

Is anyone surprised by this?  It's exactly why many of us thought dealing with him in the first place was stupid.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is anyone surprised by this?  It's exactly why many of us thought dealing with him in the first place was stupid.

So you wouldn't have even tried the diplomatic way?

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

There's trying and being cautious with one's words about it, and there's trumpeting and preening like some new thing had actually been accomplished.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

With this regime?  Not a chance.  Every single North Korean expert has said for years that the primary thing that regime wanted was to have a meeting with a sitting U.S. President.  It legitimizes them and they got exactly what they wanted, while we got nothing.

Do folks here even understand North Korean dogma?  The regime teaches and is built upon a hatred of all things American.  Kids are literally taught from birth that we are the greatest evil in the world.  This has been going on for over 60 years now.  You can't negotiate with that.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There's trying and being cautious with one's words about it, and there's trumpeting and preening like some new thing had actually been accomplished.

So you think we should have never tried any talks at all. I would note there haven't been any rocket launches since the talks. Hopefully things can still stay on track. I would think everyone hopes so.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

So you think we should have never tried any talks at all.

Please re-read what I said.  Then point to the part where I said or even suggested that we shouldn't try, Mr. Kneejerk Reactions.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I would note there haven't been any rocket launches since the talks. Hopefully things can still stay on track. I would think everyone hopes so.

Of course we hope for the best.  No one is saying otherwise.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

With this regime?  Not a chance.  Every single North Korean expert has said for years that the primary thing that regime wanted was to have a meeting with a sitting U.S. President.  It legitimizes them and they got exactly what they wanted, while we got nothing.

Do folks here even understand North Korean dogma?  The regime teaches and is built upon a hatred of all things American.  Kids are literally taught from birth that we are the greatest evil in the world.  This has been going on for over 60 years now.  You can't negotiate with that.

So what do you suggest? Just let them move along toward a nuke?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Please re-read what I said.  Then point to the part where I said or even suggested that we shouldn't try, Mr. Kneejerk Reactions.

You can't even have a civil discussion without cute remarks. So EOD for me

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You can't even have a civil discussion without cute remarks. So EOD for me

Because you do this kind of thing all the time and it's exasperating.  You just project whatever is in your head onto what other people say and by now you ought to know better.

And do not reply with some variation of your favorite "I know you are but what am I" retort.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Because you do this kind of thing all the time and it's exasperating.  You just project whatever is in your head onto what other people say and by now you ought to know better.

And do not reply with some variation of your favorite "I know you are but what am I" retort.

The real dumb thing I do is responding to your posts.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

The real dumb thing I do is responding to your posts.

Only because you generally say dumb things or your bad arguments get exposed.

Face it, you skimmed my reply and then jumped the gun on yours.  Stop doing that.  Simple.

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

So what do you suggest? Just let them move along toward a nuke?

You have to cut off their real funding source, which is the drug trade and black market.  Regular sanctions won't work to bring down the regime.  They need total economic collapse.  You also need to lean on China to accomplish this, but a trade war doesn't help us in that regard.

Finally, cut their communications as much as possible.  Make no mistake, the North Koreans are engaged in cyber warfare.  You have to eliminate their online capabilities to protect ourselves while also shutting down dark web applications where they get money.

Negotiations or not, they are going to keep working towards a nuke.  It's been a key goal of the regime for decades and they can't stop or they face looking weak to their people.  The development of nukes has been going on the whole time this admin has been negotiating.  It's not changing.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You have to cut off their real funding source, which is the drug trade and black market.  Regular sanctions won't work to bring down the regime.  They need total economic collapse.  You also need to lean on China to accomplish this, but a trade war doesn't help us in that regard.

Finally, cut their communications as much as possible.  Make no mistake, the North Koreans are engaged in cyber warfare.  You have to eliminate their online capabilities to protect ourselves while also shutting down dark web applications where they get money.

Negotiations or not, they are going to keep working towards a nuke.  It's been a key goal of the regime for decades and they can't stop or they face looking weak to their people.  The development of nukes has been going on the whole time this admin has been negotiating.  It's not changing.

Good suggestions. Thanks for civil discussion.

JMO but it is not like anyone can out-wait this regime and ignoring them gains nothing...and sanctions have already turned them into a 4th world country of deprived people. 

But....to think that not long ago the liberal U.S.  media was gushing all over the NK leadership during the olympics...telling us the dear leader and his sister were funny and sociable....just like us....and South Korean leaders were becoming good buddies with NK.    Attitudes sure have changed in a hurry.

i am pretty sure trump dissed obama and both bushes on how easy it was the best of my recollection?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure trump dissed obama and both bushes on how easy it was the best of my recollection?

True.....but I also recall him saying that nothing might come from it but it was worth a try...... DT has been up and down on what might happen.   Seems to be lot of folks eager for the status quo to continue.  

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but it is not like anyone can out-wait this regime and ignoring them gains nothing...and sanctions have already turned them into a 4th world country of deprived people. 

But....to think that not long ago the liberal U.S.  media was gushing all over the NK leadership during the olympics...telling us the dear leader and his sister were funny and sociable....just like us....and South Korean leaders were becoming good buddies with NK.    Attitudes sure have changed in a hurry.

That's funny and sad at the same time.  :no:

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

True.....but I also recall him saying that nothing might come from it but it was worth a try...... DT has been up and down on what might happen.   Seems to be lot of folks eager for the status quo to continue.  

i was hoping he might make a difference. i wanted our troops remains back. but i still stick to the point he made fun of others for failing and then he failed. i could care less he made apparent apologies in case things go wrong. this is why you keep your fookin mouth shut.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"There is no longer a nuclear threat from N. Korea" - Donald Trump

Donald Trump is "up and down" or "back and forth", or "in and out" on anything and everything.  

He has no base values. He certainly has no regard for reality.  It's all about publicity and ratings for him.  He's a reality show host.  What's sad is the number of people who just ignore it because, well because, he's Trump.  Trump is a figment of their imagination.

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

looks like hate for libs to me. i doubt few folks wanted trump to fail so if we gushed and blushed and acted all cute toward north korea it was not for a two faced reason it was posturing for trump and not against him. and unless i misunderstood what you are saying you will not even give libs a pass when they were pretty much on board with hoping trump might actually get something done. like getting our troops home.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:31 PM, AU64 said:

This is patently absurd. It is neither rational nor sane and I genuinely hope you don't believe what you're saying here. 

Maybe it's not at a dead end. One can hope. At least the two are talking rather than at war. I think I remember the Dems were so afraid of Trump starting a war and said he should be more  diplomatic.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/12/kim-jong-un-sends-trump-very-nice-letter-teases-possible-2nd-meeting.html

Trump starting a war is hardly an implausible fear.

Trump pressed aides on Venezuela invasion, US official says

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — As a meeting last August in the Oval Office to discuss sanctions on Venezuela was concluding, President Donald Trump turned to his top aides and asked an unsettling question: With a fast unraveling Venezuela threatening regional security, why can’t the U.S. just simply invade the troubled country?

The suggestion stunned those present at the meeting, including U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and national security adviser H.R. McMaster, both of whom have since left the administration. This account of the previously undisclosed conversation comes from a senior administration official familiar with what was said.

n an exchange that lasted around five minutes, McMaster and others took turns explaining to Trump how military action could backfire and risk losing hard-won support among Latin American governments to punish President Nicolas Maduro for taking Venezuela down the path of dictatorship, according to the official. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the discussions.

But Trump pushed back. Although he gave no indication he was about to order up military plans, he pointed to what he considered past cases of successful gunboat diplomacy in the region, according to the official, like the invasions of Panama and Grenada in the 1980s.

The idea, despite his aides’ best attempts to shoot it down, would nonetheless persist in the president’s head.

Read the rest at: https://www.apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef

Archived