Update on 4 2018 Signees Not Yet Enrolled (Oladele update 7/9/18)

LKEEL75

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are those two the only ones who are in question? 

Wasn't there a very real question as to if Joiner would qualify? 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

So are those two the only ones who are in question? 

Wasn't there a very real question as to if Joiner would qualify? 

Harold Joiner enrolls at Auburn Tigers

On 7/1/2018 at 8:12 PM, toddc said:

Harold Joiner enrolls at Auburn Tigers

Glad to see this. I wonder with Harold's size if he might develop into the Buck position or LB?  I know he is around 6-4 & 210 lbs. Put him in the weight room and add about 30 lbs to around 240, he could be an awesome defender with his speed. Just an idea and one that probably has no chance of getting off of the ground.

I also remember back when Cadillac and Ronnie Brown were playing we had a running back who was around 6-4 & 230 lbs named Brandon Jacobs. He was extremely fast for his size. With Ronnie and Cadillac carrying the rock, he did not get the carries he wanted and I think transferred to another school.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Reply/Keith-Niebuhr-Reply-119638754/

Siposs: Arrives next week
Schwartz: Competing in track -- arrives soon
Coynis Miller: taking a couple course. needs to do well in them. Arrival would be later this summer.
Oladele: Waiting on NCAA Clearinghouse. Had to re-take class

Oladele is the only one concerning for me.  When you’re dealing with the clearing house you never know how long it’s gonns take.  They get in no hurry to make a decision or keep the parties(player and university) up to date on the progress/process.

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Oladele is the only one concerning for me.  When you’re dealing with the clearing house you never know how long it’s gonns take.  They get in no hurry to make a decision or keep the parties(player and university) up to date on the progress/process.

Especially with him not playing this past season. He needs every rep he can get. 

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

I really hope Miller is good to get there for fall.....

Most are confident he’s on track to get the required scores needed

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Most are confident he’s on track to get the required scores needed

Kind of expect a redshirt but really want him on campus to start getting coached up....

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Especially with him not playing this past season. He needs every rep he can get. 

I think the biggest benefit there is our defensive line depth. It's not likely he'd see tremendous time this season anyway. If he can just get on campus and get a season under his belt, that will prepare him for next year.

8 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I think the biggest benefit there is our defensive line depth. It's not likely he'd see tremendous time this season anyway. If he can just get on campus and get a season under his belt, that will prepare him for next year.

I agree, but my understanding is he cannot even practice until he is cleared. And that can sometimes take weeks. He would lose a ton of quality practice reps during fall camp. 

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

Miller is going to have to deal with the clearing house too after he finishes his course work.

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree, but my understanding is he cannot even practice until he is cleared. And that can sometimes take weeks. He would lose a ton of quality practice reps during fall camp. 

Yup because that's going to be his best chance to get reps. Once the season starts most freshmen who are going to redshirt don't get many practice reps & spend a lot of time doing heavy weight training to get bigger & stronger, especially on the OL & DL.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Once the season starts most freshmen who are going to redshirt don't get many practice reps & spend a lot of time doing heavy weight training to get bigger & stronger, especially on the OL & DL.

I’m guessing we change our ways of thinking with the redshirts now that we can utilize redshirts for up to four games. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m guessing we change our ways of thinking with the redshirts now that we can utilize redshirts for up to four games. 

With some yes. Not sure all will play. If they do I think some will be in the noncon games.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With some yes. Not sure all will play.

Why wouldn’t they play? As long as they can maintain their redshirt eligibility by playing no more than four games, there is no longer any harm in playing the TFs. The playing time will only expedite their learning curve. Not to mention that all these athletes have a competitive drive. Giving all of these athletes some PT could sharpen their focus in ways that taking a whole year off won’t. 

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If they do I think some will be in the noncon games.

Yes. This is the perfect time to get their feet wet. However with positions in need, it might be even more useful to hold some players out for the big boy games. You never know, we could have a TF become an Iron Bowl hero with a key interception at tbe safety spot all tbe while maintaining redshirt status. That would be pretty cool. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Why wouldn’t they play? As long as they can maintain their redshirt eligibility by playing no more than four games, there is no longer any harm in playing the TFs. The playing time will only expedite their learning curve. Not to mention that all these athletes have a competitive drive. Giving all of these athletes some PT could sharpen their focus in ways that taking a whole year off won’t. 

Yes. This is the perfect time to get their feet wet. However with positions in need, it might be even more useful to hold some players out for the big boy games. You never know, we could have a TF become an Iron Bowl hero with a key interception at tbe safety spot all tbe while maintaining redshirt status. That would be pretty cool. 

I think the biggest issue is getting them worked in. There are up to 85 guys on scholarship. The 2 deep is 44 guys. Lets say there are a few more contributors. so the 2 deep is around 50 guys. That leaves 35 players to work into playing time. I don't think you would put them all out there in a 3rd and 4th team scenario, that would be a cluster IMO.  I think there will be some frosh that will be identified with real potential that will get worked in. The 4 games anytime during the season will be great for them. But I don't think it will be all 25 new guys. Something around 10 or so. Players will continue to have to earn playing time and the position coaches with coordinators will dictate that.

9 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I think the biggest issue is getting them worked in. There are up to 85 guys on scholarship. The 2 deep is 44 guys. Lets say there are a few more contributors. so the 2 deep is around 50 guys. That leaves 35 players to work into playing time. I don't think you would put them all out there in a 3rd and 4th team scenario, that would be a cluster IMO.  I think there will be some frosh that will be identified with real potential that will get worked in. The 4 games anytime during the season will be great for them. But I don't think it will be all 25 new guys. Something around 10 or so. Players will continue to have to earn playing time and the position coaches with coordinators will dictate that.

I think the majority of the PT by the redshirt candidates will come in garbage time. We may have a few TF that may make the 2 deep as well( possibly not redshirt candidates.) I wish I could remember how many TF we played last year, but we do play quite a bit of TF already.

38 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Also some kids just have to get bigger & stronger in year 1.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

With some yes. Not sure all will play. If they do I think some will be in the noncon games.

Here’s to hoping for some conference game leads big enough to empty the benches in 2018   ??

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Also some kids just have to get bigger & stronger in year 1.

Possibly getting some garbage time in maybe two or three games isn’t going to affect their workout regimen. 

Those kids are already practicing. It’s not like their day consists of working out, drinking Muscle Milk, and doing homework.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Possibly getting some garbage time in maybe two or three games isn’t going to affect their workout regimen. 

Wasn't saying nor implying that. My point is there's no point putting the kids out there even in garbage time who are vastly undersized for their position (30 + lbs). That's a recipe for unnecessary injuries happening.

Archived