2020 4* Buck Quandarrius Robinson

ellitor

Jackson-Olin four-star OLB Quandarrius Robinson has de-committed from Auburn, according to his coach. More

2020 DE de-commits from Tigers

By Keith Niebuhr
8493242.jpeg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off
Quandarrius Robinson (Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)

Two weeks after visiting Auburn and saying he was solid to the Tigers, 4-star 2020 defensive end Quandarrius Robinson of Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin has de-committed from the Tigers, his coach said Wednesday morning.

In Tuesday's Auburn Undercover live recruiting chat, we mentioned Robinson was wavering some.

His de-commitment comes after he visited Alabama last weekend. “It was a great visit overall,” Robinson told BamaOnLine. “Got to see some familiar faces coaching-wise, and my family overall enjoyed it as well, which was a huge plus for me.”

The 6-feet-4.5, 207-pound Robinson committed to the Tigers last July 9. He is rated as the No. 21 outside linebacker nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite but is likely to play end in college because he continues to grow.

In 2018, he had 40 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 8 sacks, 30 quarterback pressures and 1 blocked punt.

25COMMENTS

According to Jackson-Olin coach Tim Vakakes, Robinson "wants to visit more places, is unsure and he doesn't want to do that while being committed."

Vakakes said Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and defensive line coach Rodney Garner plan to visit Jackson-Olin on Friday.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can smell them a mile away.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Is this bad? How bad is this? It doesn't seem good. Is it bad?

It's not great at all. Saban has made this kid his #1 priority on the D side for 2020. Still going to say AU. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's not great at all. Saban has made this kid his #1 priority on the D side for 2020. Still going to say AU. 

Should be fun to watch. Hope he signs on the early date. 

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is this bad? How bad is this? It doesn't seem good. Is it bad?

Yes. Not very bad. It hurts so good inside. No

YW

See that the helicopter rental paid off.....kid de-committeed from AU according to piece in al.com.  4* linebacker.... 

I think kids should enjoy any and all visits but I also think they should be weary on committing and decommitting based on present reaction. Go to one campus, hear what they like and it’s all about that school, go to the next and it is the same thing.

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Who was the other 2020 guy who de-committed?  The D-End?

Andy Boykin & would project as a DT.

22 minutes ago, WVR said:

Is this the player Saban landed the helicopter in Ensley to go see? I know JO is in Ensley.

JO is listed with a B'Ham address but yes JO is where Saban went.

I wish the whole commitment process could be changed to where a HS player cannot commit to any college team until he totally finishes the 11th grade maybe a June 1st date after the junior year and have all visits completed by the next to the last weekend in January before NSD. This could end a lot of the craziness with recruiting and put in some solid parameters by which the school and recruit have to work with. 

Maybe make it when a player commits to a team, it is the first part of a 2 part binding process to the whole NSD.  If Joe Blow commits to Podunk Univ and decides to decommit,. He must file papers to the SEC or whatever conference the school is in to be granted a release from his commitment. The December 19 early signing day should be the last day a player can decommit from a school.

You could have a rule of 14 days from when a player voids the first part of the the decommitment process of which a school must release him so he can commit to another school. This gives ample time to void the process. This will make kids think twice about when the commit and make pretty darn sure that is the school they are going to.

This would be one "process" that would have Saban retiring sooner than later.

I am sure there are pros & cons to this, but this could go further with balancing the playing field.  

The whole recruiting process reminds me of a 1966 Rambler Ambassador, one of the worst cars ever to roll off of the Assembly lines.

I am curious to hear your responses! As always....WDE!!!

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You are usually on the spot with things and I hope he stays with AU. How do you feel about Bell & Henry?

Thanks! & WDE!

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I think kids should enjoy any and all visits but I also think they should be weary on committing and decommitting based on present reaction. Go to one campus here what they like and it’s all about that school, go to the next and it is the same thing.

The whole recruiting process needs to be overhauled imho!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I wish the whole commitment process could be changed to where a HS player cannot commit to any college team until he totally finishes the 11th grade maybe a June 1st date after the junior year and have all visits completed by the next to the last weekend in January before NSD. This could end a lot of the craziness with recruiting and put in some solid parameters by which the school and recruit have to work with. 

Maybe make it when a player commits to a team, it is the first part of a 2 part binding process to the whole NSD.  If Joe Blow commits to Podunk Univ and decides to decommit,. He must file papers to the SEC or whatever conference the school is in to be granted a release from his commitment. The December 19 early signing day should be the last day a player can decommit from a school.

You could have a rule of 14 days from when a player voids the first part of the the decommitment process of which a school must release him so he can commit to another school. This gives ample time to void the process. This will make kids think twice about when the commit and make pretty darn sure that is the school they are going to.

This would be one "process" that would have Saban retiring sooner than later.

I am sure there are pros & cons to this, but this could go further with balancing the playing field.  

The whole recruiting process reminds me of a 1966 Rambler Ambassador, one of the worst cars ever to roll off of the Assembly lines.

I am curious to hear your responses! As always....WDE!!!

Whoa on the Rambler hate! LOL I had a 1960 Rambler Ambassador that was loaded with power braking and steering, a/c etc... and it was awesome. That is until I started driving like a 4wd Jeep.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* LB Quandarrius Robinson (AU decommit 1/30/19)
  • ellitor unfeatured this topic

A couple notes here. I really like how Coach Vikakes hands things in terms of recruiting. He doesn't push kids to one school or another but if he has a committed kid wanting to visit other schools with genuine interest in them Coach V advises them to do so an open instead of a commit.

On the other note I've seen 2 separate sources, one of which has a very strong record of his info panning out, echo what WDE said about still liking AU here

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Buck Quandarrius Robinson (AU decommit 1/30/19)
21 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Still AU and he's their priority? Which I don't even think I agree with that big d line recruit they have but they know he's in the bag and probably don't have to recruit as hard I guess. 

According to AUC 2020 DE Robinson has de-committed after a visit to bama. Link below is not premium.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/2020-defensive-end-Quandarrius-Robinson-de-commits-from-Tigers-128472716/

If this is reported here elsewhere I missed it.

Archived