2020 4* Buck Quandarrius Robinson

ellitor

Updated (7/09/18): Quandarrius commits to AU!

• Early offers from AU, LSU, Oregon, Bama, Gators, Clemson, Ole Miss, Memphis, Miss. State and Nebraskas, among others.
  • UVs to AU: 4/07/18, 11/18/17, 11/11/17
  • Recruiters: Garner (P), Williams (S)

8367967.jpg
(Photo: Keith Niebuhr, 247Sports)

8367965.JPG
(Photo: Keith Niebuhr, 247Sports)

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great metrics, especially for a 2020 guy. Could grow into a Buck? Although it looks like he plays a lot of nickel.

That is a long, athletic guy. Love it. 

I love getting players out of Birmingham. It seems like it's about a 70/30 split for the bad guys but it's probably more like 60/40. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Could grow into a Buck?

Anywhere from a OLB to a SDE IMO.

2020 in-state standout Quandarrius Robinson commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA — Once Quandarrius Robinson realized which college he wanted to attend, the 2020 defensive standout from Birmingham Jackson-Olin decided to not drag things out over the next year and a half.

Instead, his heart told him to go ahead and make the pledge.

On Monday, the 4-star outside linebacker did just that as he committed to Auburn over programs such as Alabama, LSU and Oregon, all of which also have offered him a scholarship. The 6-feet-4, 210-pound Robinson is the No. 11 recruit in the state of Alabama for the class of 2020 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

"I feel like it's the best school to be at," Robinson said. "Because of just the atmoshere and culture of it. It just grabs me."

Robinson is 2020 commitment No. 3 for Auburn. He joins a pair of 4-star recruits from LaGrange (Ga.) Troup County — defensive end Andy Boykin and receiver Kobe Hudson. The Tigers didn’t get 2019 commitment No. 3 until earlier this year, meaning they are well ahead of that pace for the following cycle.

With Robinson’s verbal, Auburn’s 2020 class moved up from No. 11 to No. 7 in the 247Sports class rankings.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Great metrics, especially for a 2020 guy. Could grow into a Buck? Although it looks like he plays a lot of nickel.

That is a long, athletic guy. Love it. 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Secondly, I would NOT be upset with another Karlos Dansby type. He’s even got a head start seeing he’s not been playing WR throughout HS. 

10 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Secondly, I would NOT be upset with another Karlos Dansby type. He’s even got a head start seeing he’s not been playing WR throughout HS. 

Not to laden any future prospects, but there are a few players whose name conjures immediate images in my brain. Karlos Dansby is one of those names.

This video makes me feel old. 

WDE QR.

Can’t help but think CGM contract and program stability has a lot to do with our recruiting this year, and next, being waaaayyy ahead of where we’ve been in past years! Hard to hold in my excitement for my beloved Auburn Tigers ? and the future fun we’re gonna have.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Can’t help but think CGM contract and program stability has a lot to do with our recruiting this year, and next, being waaaayyy ahead of where we’ve been in past years! Hard to hold in my excitement for my beloved Auburn Tigers ? and the future fun we’re gonna have.

This. I’m extremely pleased with our recruiting efforts in the 2019 and 2020 classes. We’ve definitely stepped it up a notch, which IMO was needed!

War Eagle and a big BOOM to this young man!

I love this kids size and he is only going into his junior year. Tons of potential here. Great get. Welcome to the family Quan!

Good get. Still interesting to get Miller and Robinson from J-O but little apparent interest from Bentley. A little weird but no worries....

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Can’t help but think CGM contract and program stability has a lot to do with our recruiting this year, and next, being waaaayyy ahead of where we’ve been in past years!

No doubt. The negative recruiting falling on deaf ears at the moment. Another factor is with the new December signing period our staff has a gameplan this year of pushing for guys earlier.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

the future fun we’re gonna have.

Hopeful to have. Not much is guaranteed in college football.

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

but little apparent interest from Bentley. A little weird but no worries....

Not originally from the area. He's originally from So. Fla.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

The good thing is if you listen to Gus, it sounds like he understands that after the contract, we need to put together consistent double-digit win seasons.  Do that and the 2020 recruits will look really good come this time next year.

Quandarrius Robinson's coach: Tigers getting something special

By Keith Niebuhr

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA -- What kind of player is Auburn getting in new 2020 commitment Quandarrius Robinson? Not long after Robinson, a 4-star 2020 linebacker, announced his pledge Monday, Auburn Undercover spoke to his coach at Jackson-Olin High, Tim Vakakes. "First thing you've got to talk about with Q. is the person," Vakakes said. "He's an awesome person. He's just a really good, humble, hard-working kid. And he's 6-5 -- and 6-5 is rare. He's got great length. He's explosive. He's very athletic. But the biggest thing about him is he's a hard worker. He has all the reasons in the world not to be humble, but he's a humble person. "According to Vakakes, Robinson reminds him in many ways of a player currently on the Auburn roster -- buck linebacker T.D. Moultry. Moultry is a Jackson-Olin alum. "He's got a lot of the characteristics T.D. has," Vakakes said. Robinson is the No. 11 recruit in the state of Alabama in the 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. He became commitment No. 3 in the 2020 class for the Tigers, joining 4-star defensive end Andy Boykin and 4-star receiver Kobe Hudson. Watch the complete interview with Vakakes.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Really helps when you have a bad case of the mondays like me and garfield had today! lol. And more importantly Keep the best current AU in state pipeline going baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Jackson-Olin Head Coach needs a raise from the bagman because he is EN FUEGO right now in feeding us their big time prospects. Well done everyone involved! I am excited about this. Also SHAME SHAME to the people on AU 247 who were I will say were less than excited that the big crutin news for today was from a 2020 kid. I will always get excited when anyone chooses willingly to go to AU but especially a in state kid and even more so when they are in the Bham area which is like 90% bama territory and even that might be a little low. This is a huge day in this young mans life. No need to poo poo it. Anyways WAR DAMN Q!!!! 

happy.gif

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will always get excited when anyone chooses willingly to go to AU

Me too buddy.  They ALWAYS work out better than the ones that get drug in kicking & screaming!

giphy.gif

Archived