Wonder who Trump's 3rd Supreme Court Nominee will be?

japantiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Love the high level discussion of the merits of the pick.

Let me know when you guys are ready for that...I think the last couple of posts telegraph your intentions just a bit...

But I thought Net Neutrality had already done this?  

Terry McAuliffeVerified account @TerryMcAuliffe

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come and will morph our Supreme Court into a political arm of the right-wing Republican Party.

3:44 PM - 9 Jul 2018

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Let me know when you guys are ready for that...I think the last couple of posts telegraph your intentions just a bit...

I don’t have strong feelings at the moment. Seems like a pick many Republicans could make . A lot of politics in his background, though. I would have preferred Hardiman from the list— paid tuition driving a cab. I think the Court benefits from someone with less of an Ivy League pedigree. His writings will be scrutinized, he’ll be questioned and perhaps I’ll feel differently. Don’t agree with his view shielding the President from all litigation.

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

But I thought Net Neutrality had already done this?  

Terry McAuliffeVerified account @TerryMcAuliffe

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come and will morph our Supreme Court into a political arm of the right-wing Republican Party.

3:44 PM - 9 Jul 2018

See you’re not capable of anything thing beyond trolling the libs.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Most substantive post so far. Find an 8 year old to read it for you.

Woah woah woah ease up a little bit. Not everyone is like you Tex - I can’t just go “find an 8 year old.” 

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hardiman from the list— paid tuition driving a cab. I think the Court benefits from someone with less of an Ivy League pedigree.

Tex, I was with you on that one. Not going to claim I know as much you legal eagles but liked the aroma of it.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Woah woah woah ease up a little bit. Not everyone is like you Tex - I can’t just go “find an 8 year old.” 

It’s apparently easier for you than reading at at least that level.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tex, I was with you on that one. Not going to claim I know as much you legal eagles but liked the aroma of it.

No substitute for life experience on one’s perspective.

Tex, perhaps you should start a thread for a serious discussion on the merits of the pick...I'll jump in....but, from looking at the title of my post, it's pretty clear I had no intentions of engaging in serious discussion in this thread....it's just too fun...not quite as good as election nite...but pretty good.  When everything is the end of the world...well, just can't let that go....

DhtaE0xU0AAqaN-.jpg:large

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Tex, perhaps you should start a thread for a serious discussion on the merits of the pick...I'll jump in....but, from looking at the title of my post, it's pretty clear I had no intentions of engaging in serious discussion in this thread....it's just too fun...not quite as good as election nite...but pretty good.  When everything is the end of the world...well, just can't let that go....

DhtaE0xU0AAqaN-.jpg:large

It’s clear from your every post you have no desire for real discussion.

18 minutes ago, japantiger said:

It all really comes down to this:

They didn’t end for the SCt . McConnell did that— and would have done so any way.

Archived