SEC Media Days

WFE12

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The comment about Jarrett being free in the offense and a “coach” on the field is much needed and something else we’ve needed for awhile. 

He's grown into the job.   Last year he was pretty much a freshman.....don't think many freshman are given freedom to do what they want...early in the season he was pretty easily flushed from the pocket and did not always make the best decisions.    Expecting him to look more mature when he is under pressure this year.  . 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The comment about Jarrett being free in the offense and a “coach” on the field is much needed and something else we’ve needed for awhile. 

I'll believe Gus turns Jarrett loose when I see it. 

I think malzahn sounds more comfortable in the casual interview part (at the sec now table) than his normal self.  He was actually, dare I say funny, a couple of times.

Love Deshaun's comment at the end about looking at the Washington game as a playoff game. From what I've seen from the players studying film...Even the freshmen. Tutt working with Javaris during the 4th of July. Gu saying that Tutt doesn't even seem like a freshman. I love the focus that I'm seeing. This first game could do alot for us if we win. We can't start the season with a L after those two losses. It would be a massive confidence boost to win whether it by 15 or 5...Just win.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Somebody tell me that it's totally okay that DD is wearing sunglasses while being interviewed indoors. I promise I won't argue.

It is funny because he isn't wearing them in the main interview nor when he was outside just getting off the plane.  

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

It is funny because he isn't wearing them in the main interview nor when he was outside just getting off the plane.  

:cheers:

My quick thoughts on all four interviews:

Malzahn:  It was nice to hear about why he never curses on the field and how he is trying to show how one can be a good Christian coach.

Stidham:  Very well spoken, nice to hear from him that his shoulder is 100% and that he will have more flexibility.

Davis:  The way he puts his team first always was well said.  Nice to hear him talk about his high school injury and coming from Mobile, Alabama.

Russell:  I enjoyed hearing him talk about the importance of his education and how he really put a lot of thought into answering each question.

As others have said, Gus seems loose and comfortable, something we’ve only seen a couple times from him. I think he’s very confident in this team and allowing them to do what they do best.

Lets be confident in this team! 

Thanks for posting the videos. I had to laugh a little though when Gus was asked about the headset rule. He said that the ones charting the plays played a big part in halftime adjustments. (Yes please ? ). The players represented Auburn very well. Really starting to get excited football is almost here. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

As others have said, Gus seems loose and comfortable, something we’ve only seen a couple times from him. I think he’s very confident in this team and allowing them to do what they do best.

Lets be confident in this team! 

Confidence in the team hasn't been a problem. Confidence in the coach is another thing.

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Malzahn:  It was nice to hear about why he never curses on the field and how he is trying to show how one can be a good Christian coach.

Help me with my barf bag.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Confidence in the team hasn't been a problem. Confidence in the coach is another thing.

Indeed! I'm not a Gus hater, but I do know that the O has under-performed, and given that Gus is the "genius of offense" I'm confused.

34 minutes ago, AURex said:

Indeed! I'm not a Gus hater, but I do know that the O has under-performed, and given that Gus is the "genius of offense" I'm confused.

Definition of offense...

The players or team unit responsible for attacking or scoring in a game or the act of offending or displeasing. I like you am no Gus hater either. I've just seen both of these be true at some point. 

Archived