10 hours ago, AURex said:

Help me with my barf bag.

What is that supposed to mean?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AURex said:

So in other words you love it when a coach acts in a manner that does not serve as a good role model to young men, who need all the help they can get in today's world?

"Auburn’s number one fan, Tiger Jake, has returned to SEC Media Days and is enjoying the new location in Atlanta so far.

Tiger Jake got the day started off with his favorite coach Gus Malzahn, getting an autograph on his new buisness cards..."

Tiger Jake Returns to SEC Media Days, at https://www.wltz.com/2018/07/19/tiger-jake-returns-to-sec-media-days/

Gus responding that it took about 30 minutes to call Grimes bothers me.  I am a fan of Grimes, but I would have expected more effort in a search.  It does confirm what a bunch of us said, a good but lazy hire by Gus.

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Gus responding that it took about 30 minutes to call Grimes bothers me.  I am a fan of Grimes, but I would have expected more effort in a search.  It does confirm what a bunch of us said, a good but lazy hire by Gus.

In high school it took me 30 minutes to call a girl one time. I was nervous I guess. Perspective :dunno:

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

In high school it took me 30 minutes to call a girl one time. I was nervous I guess. Perspective :dunno:

Ahh yes,  in high school it would take a while to build the courage, in college you would drunk dial in a second, lol.

14 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Ahh yes,  in high school it would take a while to build the courage, in college you would drunk dial in a second, lol.

So,

implication is that Coach Malzahn still operates at the HS level?

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Indeed! I'm not a Gus hater, but I do know that the O has under-performed, and given that Gus is the "genius of offense" I'm confused.

i had just read somewhere that gus is a fine christian man but he has let slip a cuss word or two but he really tries not to and is working on it. i am pretty sure it was a former or current player but i cannot remember where or i would post it. i can say when baby bowden was coach i was shocked at how much his staff cussed. wayne hall was the worst. he accused a kid of trying to screw his teammate in a tackling drill because he said he sure was not trying to tackle him. and he used the f bomb saying it. man i was naive back then.

Gus catching flak from bamaham media & al.com for "flip flopping" on the 9 sec games per season issue. I suspect he sees the way out for us not having to play bama AND uga away every other season.

On 7/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, ClaytonAU said:

As others have said, Gus seems loose and comfortable, something we’ve only seen a couple times from him. I think he’s very confident in this team and allowing them to do what they do best.

Lets be confident in this team! 

I would be SUPREMELY confident in this team if I thought we would have a even pretty good OL this season. If we had that shored up I would feel like we were about to run the table or lose just 1 game. The OL questions and concerns just kills my optimism for the season. Having said that I still think we most likely win 10 games.

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

What is that supposed to mean?

That there obviously is no direct correlation to not cursing and being a great football coach. If there was the dude on the other side of the state would be one of the worst coaches ever lol.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That there obviously is no direct correlation to not cursing and being a great football coach. If there was the dude on the other side of the state would be one of the worst coaches ever lol.

I never said there was a correlation in my original quote.  I along with at least one other person wanted to see the meaning behind his/her comment about me admiring him being a good role model of a Christian coach.  

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I never said there was a correlation in my original quote.  I along with at least one other person wanted to see the meaning behind his/her comment about me admiring him being a good role model of a Christian coach.  

Never said you did. I am just guessing why the poster said what he said since they have not commented back yet.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Never said you did. I am just guessing why the poster said what he said since they have not commented back yet.

That's because he is clearly sick.  Needs his barf bag. 

tumblr_ndntkczhQ01tsw11oo2_400.gif

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's because he is clearly sick.  Needs his barf bag. 

tumblr_ndntkczhQ01tsw11oo2_400.gif

sc.gif

Thanks for your concern.

All my comment was meant to imply is that there is zero relationship between cursing and Christianity. I know Christians who curse like sailors. And I know Jews, agnostics, atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Pastaferians, pagans and Wiccans who almost never utter a curse or derogatory word.

Does that mean I want a foul-mouthed head coach. Of course not. Taming the tongue is not about being a good Christian, it's about being a good person.

2 hours ago, AURex said:

Thanks for your concern.

All my comment was meant to imply is that there is zero relationship between cursing and Christianity. I know Christians who curse like sailors. And I know Jews, agnostics, atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Pastaferians, pagans and Wiccans who almost never utter a curse or derogatory word.

Does that mean I want a foul-mouthed head coach. Of course not. Taming the tongue is not about being a good Christian, it's about being a good person.

If you actually watched the press conference Gus did, the whole segment was him explaining him being a good role model of a Christian coach, and that not cursing is involved with that.  And yes there is a relationship...  That is pretty common knowledge.  

On 7/20/2018 at 11:13 AM, gr82be said:

She said no way jose???

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

She said no way jose???

Me and @ellitor did not take you for such a big no way jose fan!!! Welcome to the club!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! lol

no way.gif

Finally got around to watching the interviews. Don't understand the lady reporter's focus on Gus not cussing (that's your one football question??? :dunno:) and I also think Muschamp must have slipped that other reporter a hundred to ask questions about him in our interviews. 

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

no way win GIF by Victoria's Secret PINK

rr.gif

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

rr.gif

One of my all time faves.

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

One of my all time faves.

I think a lot of people love happy gilmore more but my favorite sandler film will def always be billy madison!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Archived