If Roe v. Wade gets overturned, it wouldn’t ban abortion

NolaAuTiger

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If you’re prolife and republican, you’re a hypocrite becuase republicans don’t endorse universal health care

Well that is just BS, let's be truthful here. To be honest, I straddle the line on first two, but the third needs far greater regulation to make sense. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well that is just BS, let's be truthful here. To be honest, I straddle the line on first two, but the third needs far greater regulation to make sense. 

You mean it’s not hypocritical if your view of one doesn’t dictate your opinion on the other!?!?! 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Who said my pro life stance “ends at birth?” Becuase I’m republican? That’s the only support you have for your accusation and it doesn’t hold water AT ALL. Does my support of private clinics (including the specific example I provided) count for anything? 

Here’s the answer - The basis of your absurd assertion is grounded in the fact that I am a Republican. This is truly ignorant on your part. I have illuminated the outrageousness of your position and you know it. 

I see. You give money to a charity so you are pro life. Nevermind the fact that you support a party who defunded the children’s health insurance program. You’re completely pro life. 

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You mean it’s not hypocritical if your view of one doesn’t dictate your opinion on the other!?!?! 

To imply one is a hypocrite for being pro life and Republican is about a far stretch bro. And I get Elle's point. Fortunately or unfortunately, I have to look at the big picture. Called life folks.  

26 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If you’re prolife and republican, you’re a hypocrite becuase republicans don’t endorse universal health care

You really love twisting people words then being snarky. 

Tell the truth NOLA, you think she's had four BlackBerry whatever's...

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Paid maternity/paternity leave, massive expansion of programs like SNAP and medicaid, free childcare, etc. Doing this would do more to prevent abortion than any law banning the practice ever could.

I seriously doubt that Ben.

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I'd like to see stats that prove it.

And when I call Ben's house for a contribution, I wish he'd say yes and fulfill the promise. It is like a liberal pipe dream to promote the cause only secretly not supporting it. Happens daily. Don't kid yourselves here.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Pro-lifers are pro-life for children. My point is that they aren’t hypocrites for opposing government-run healthcare programs.

That’s why we open places like this, and I was honored to volunteer in its newest location: https://www.bchsnola.org/

You are avoiding the issue.  They are hypocrites for not supporting any program - government run or otherwise - with universal healthcare as a practical goal.

You are either evading that premise or you simply don't "get it".  I am not sure at this point which. But if it's the latter, I question your choice of professions to pursue.

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

And when I call Ben's house for a contribution, I wish he'd say yes and fulfill the promise. It is like a liberal pipe dream to promote the cause only secretly not supporting it. Happens daily. Don't kid yourselves here.

Wishes it taken out of his taxes, and yours....I have paid enough taxes in my life and will not be contributing.

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wishes it taken out of his taxes, and yours....I have paid enough taxes in my life and will not be contributing.

The "i want it, but don't want to pay it" crowd can be exhausting. See it daily.

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re changing the discussion. 

If you’re prolife, you’re not self-imposed with the obligation to support government-run healthcare. If you oppose government run healthcare, that doesn’t mean you disregard a child’s health. It could mean you don’t trust the government, you don’t trust the universal healthcare system becuase you’ve seen it fail, you don’t agree with the policy, you prefer private healthcare, you don’t want to grow the government, and many many many many many many many more reasons. To insinuate hypocrisy in this matter is gross error. There are a multitude of reasons one can oppose government run/universal healthcare. 

Arguing back and forth about healthcare and one’s justification in opposing or supporting particular universal policies (that haven’t been expounded upon, notably) doesn’t strengthen or weaken one’s position on abortion. It doesn’t make one a hypocrite.

I give up. 

You are either being intellectually dishonest or you simply don't have the intellectual capacity to understand my argument.  And I don't think I can state it in a more straightforward, simple, understandable way.  

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That's fine.  A very understandable - if selfish - position. 

But don't come on here and talk about being "pro-life" simply because you would make abortion illegal. 

36 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Tell the truth NOLA, you think she's had four BlackBerry whatever's...

This is good evidence you cannot stand up and hold your own in a debate - or at least you aren't willing to risk it.

50 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I mean, one need look no further than the reasons women have abortions to see why the numbers would come down. Ease the burden of having a child and I guarantee you the number of abortions would plummet. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16150658/

• 74% said that having a baby would dramatically change my life, because would interfere with education (38%), would interfere with job/employment/career (38%), or have other children or dependents (32%).
  • 73% said that can't afford a baby now, because unmarried (42%), student or planning to study (34%), or can't afford a baby and child care (28%).
  • 48% said that don't want to be a single mother or having relationship problems, because not sure about relationship(19%), Partner and I can't or don't want to get married (12%), not in a relationship right now (11%), relationship or marriage may break up soon (11%), or husband or partner is abusive to me or my children(2%).
  • 38% said that have completed my childbearing.
  • 32% said that not ready for a(nother) child.
  • 25% said that don't want people to know I had sex or got pregnant.
  • 14% said that husband or partner wants me to have an abortion.
  • 13% claimed possible problems affecting the health of the fetus.
  • 12% said physical problem with my health.
  • 6% said that parents want me to have an abortion.
  • 1% said was a victim of rape.
  • <0.5% said that became pregnant as a result of incest.

Dramatically change your life? Well, it would, but with full time free daycare you can still get your education andmake a living. Can't afford a child/another mouth to feed? Well we have food and healthcare effectively covered. 

Mind you, it wouldn't erase them, but it would do a damn sight more than outright illegalizing them. 

56 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Eat s***. A percentage of my bi-weekly paycheck voluntarily goes back to the hospital. Whether it's taxes or charity makes no difference to me. 

38 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Eat s***. A percentage of my bi-weekly paycheck voluntarily goes back to the hospital. Whether it's taxes or charity makes no difference to me. 

Awe, don't take it personal bro. Just an example of everyday life. 

11 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I see. You give money to a charity so you are pro life. Nevermind the fact that you support a party who defunded the children’s health insurance program. You’re completely pro life. 

You’re being irrational. Think about what you’re saying. Being pro life doesn’t obligate me to support ACA

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are avoiding the issue.  They are hypocrites for not supporting any program - government run or otherwise - with universal healthcare as a practical goal.

You are either evading that premise or you simply don't "get it".  I am not sure at this point which. But if it's the latter, I question your choice of professions to pursue.

Next time you see little Tommy with a cold, and let’s say there’s no universal healthcare in motion and he lives in a state where abortion is illegal, go ahead and tell him that you wish his mother had the option to abort him because republicans failed on healthcare. 

I’m not avoiding the issue. That’s utter BS. Being pro life obligates no one to support socialized health care. If you can provide a feasible policy and the intricacies associated with, and it makes sense after I’ve parsed through it, then I can make my decision. Or I might be against government run healthcare, period, becuase I don’t trust the government. Or, I’ve seen it what it’s done in certain places, where it imploded, and I choose to oppose it on that basis. But to say one is a hyporcite if they’re pro life and don’t necessarily accept universal healthcare, which could be for a multitude of reasons, is indescribably illogical.

In light of your absurd line of thinking, I don’t value your opinion on my choice of profession, be it a positive or negative one. You’re way out of whack, mentally, with dozens of other issues.

It’s kind of like a washed-up scientist telling Nick Saban how to run a football program. 

I give up. 

You are either being intellectually dishonest or you simply don't have the intellectual capacity to understand my argument.  And I don't think I can state it in a more straightforward, simple, understandable way.  

What have you said that I did not address?

Intellectual dishonestly and a lack of intellectual capacity? Ironic coming from an old man who has to feed off of the arguments of others. Maybe becuase he’s too incompetent to create ones of his own???

But anyways, I forgot that’s what the left projects on anyone who disagrees with them. How cheap. You’re suppose to be an old wise man... offer something more than that.

But don't come on here and talk about being "pro-life" simply because you would make abortion illegal. 

Show me were I have said that I would make abortion illegal you bitter old geyser. I said that I am anti-abortion. I agreed with you that it is a dilemma. 

This is good evidence you cannot stand up and hold your own in a debate - or at least you aren't willing to risk it.

Says the “seasoned veteran” who continually has to piggy-back off of others. 

35 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re being irrational. Think about what you’re saying. Being pro life doesn’t obligate me to support ACA

Oh ok. So you can be pro-life and not care about children who need healthcare. GOP logic isn’t logical at all. 

Just call yourself anti-abortion, not prolife. 

Archived