If Roe v. Wade gets overturned, it wouldn’t ban abortion

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Do you think that there would be fewer unintended pregnancies if it were harder to obtain an abortion?

No. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

He ran on punishing women for having abortions. This is what his evangelical base wants. 

This is an unfair characterization of their views though. It would be like saying “Hillary ran on women having the right to slaughter and rip babies limb from limb into a bloody mess. This is what her feminist base wants.”

Would that sound like an accurate assessment of the pro-choice position to you?

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Cant speak for New Orleans live 45 mins East of........However, here where Katrina hit.....the majority flat out refused to leave. 

I know. I was part of a group that took several trailers of donations down. (Not bragging. Ultimately, my motivations were selfish.) We talked to a guy in Waveland who stayed home with his two little girls. They had to escape the house by swimming from a second floor window to a tree. During the storm. Smdh. Still felt sorry for the guy. He was worried FEMA would leave before they bulldozed his house. 

Hope you and your family pulled through ok.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I know. I was part of a group that took several trailers of donations down. (Not bragging. Ultimately, my motivations were selfish.) We talked to a guy in Waveland who stayed home with his two little girls. They had to escape the house by swimming from a second floor window to a tree. During the storm. Smdh. Still felt sorry for the guy. He was worried FEMA would leave before they bulldozed his house. 

Hope you and your family pulled through ok.

Thank you and thank you for donating......we were fortunate living in Diamondhead we were safe from water and just lost power.......Thank God for you and others that donated food, money and time to help those that couldnt have made it without you❤?

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Point?

Yes, if I’m following where he is going with the question - in light of views he’s expressed before. Is that ok Alex or did I jump the gun?

Worked logistics for 30 days post Katrina in multiple roles, but one was providing food, shelter and clothing. One of life's most rewarding experiences, helping others. 

6 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Thank you and thank you for donating......we were fortunate living in Diamondhead we were safe from water and just lost power.......Thank God for you and others that donated food, money and time to help those that couldnt have made it without you❤?

Didn’t know you were in that area. I clerked at a firm in Gulfport. The partner lived in diamondhead. Nice.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Very glad to hear it, my friend.

Easy decision for all of us. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Didn’t know you were in that area. I clerked at a firm in Gulfport. The partner lived in diamondhead. Nice.

Lol worked at Reimann Funeral Home at the time.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

This is an unfair characterization of their views though. It would be like saying “Hillary ran on women having the right to slaughter and rip babies limb from limb into a bloody mess. This is what her feminist base wants.”

Kind of like when it’s said the Trump admin rips/tears/claws infant children out of the arms of their mothers, picks them up, and throws them through the air into cages. 

Spot on, Titan.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Worked logistics for 30 days post Katrina in multiple roles, but one was providing food, shelter and clothing. One of life's most rewarding experiences, helping others. 

Y'all did some amazing work. We definitely noticed and appreciated it.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Have you been to the coast since? Gulfport/Biloxi/Pass Christian area?

Yes......Still takes an hour to get to the beach to the interstate via Hwy 49?

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

They’ve done a great job rebuilding

Indeed.......some areas of Pass Christian and Waveland took much longer but rebuilt none the less.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

How in hell is defunding planned parenthood a positive, regardless of what happens to Roe v. Wade?  That's just irrational.

They are the leading purveyor of abortions...if we are going to fund actually having and raising children, what need is there for Planned Parenthood?  Kind of obvious Homey

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I stopped counting how many times I’ve been referred to as a baby killer because I’m a Democrat. So we are characterized that way. And Trump did say women should be punished for having an abortion. Evangelicals, you, me and a few others excluded,  got behind that. Their goal is to abolish Roe v Wade and that’s why they cast their lot with Trump. 

20 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I stopped counting how many times I’ve been referred to as a baby killer because I’m a Democrat. So we are characterized that way. And Trump did say women should be punished for having an abortion. Evangelicals, you, me and a few others excluded,  got behind that. Their goal is to abolish Roe v Wade and that’s why they cast their lot with Trump. 

Ironic. I’ve stopped counting how many times I’ve been called a white privileged bigot racist.

Archived