If Roe v. Wade gets overturned, it wouldn’t ban abortion

NolaAuTiger

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

comprehend my message accurately. 

I think we all understand your message which is you hate Trump. Nola is trying to explain that is always your only message Elle.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

Did that offend you? I’d say that supporting a man whose entire life directly contradicts the teachings of Christ is selling your soul to the devil but if you want a more PC way of saying it I’m open to suggestions.

You’re incapable of carrying a discussion on here. First you try to make it about Trump and his base. Then I correct you and call out you’re worn-out argumentative tactics that don’t move the needle, and now you want to have a conversation (yet again) about evangelicals who support Trump.

You’re really struggling to find a hill to stay on aren’t you? 

Tell you what - read the original post, and start over. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re incapable of carrying a discussion on here. First you try to make it about Trump and his base. Then I correct you and call out you’re worn-out argumentative tactics that don’t move the needle, and now you want to have a conversation (yet again) about evangelicals who support Trump.

You’re really struggling to find a hill to stay on aren’t you? 

Tell you what - read the original post, and start over. 

Then why do you continue to quote my posts? I’m absolutely capable of having a discussion. You just don’t like the valid points I make so instead of countering them you deem me incapable of conversation, or bashing Trump,, etc. 

The entire reason for the abortion debate taking center stage is because Trump, who has a evangelical base, has two SCOTUS picks. I’m clueless as to why you can’t see the reality of that. 

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I think we all understand your message which is you hate Trump. Nola is trying to explain that is always your only message Elle.

No you don’t. Thats the go to here “she hates Trump” when I make any point that you guys that love Trump don’t agree with. It doesn’t matter if it’s factual or logical. You all write it off as hatred for Trump. 

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Then why do you continue to quote my posts? I’m absolutely capable of having a discussion. You just don’t like the valid points I make so instead of countering them you deem me incapable of conversation, or bashing Trump,, etc. 

The entire reason for the abortion debate taking center stage is because Trump, who has a evangelical base, has two SCOTUS picks. I’m clueless as to why you can’t see the reality of that. 

What valid points have you made? The only points you’ve tried to advance is that Trump and his base are behind this. Do you think other republican candidates would’ve appointed entirely different Justices who’s discernible views on issues such as these differ???

This would also be the discussion if any other conservative was  President. You’re acting like it’s uniquely becuase of Trump and his “base.”

And if that’s not your intention (to act like the abortion debate is uniquely becuase of Trump), then what was it? Hell, you might as well have told us the sky is blue.

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

No you don’t. Thats the go to here “she hates Trump” when I make any point that you guys that love Trump don’t agree with. It doesn’t matter if it’s factual or logical. You all write it off as hatred for Trump. 

That's the warm blankie they can wrap themselves up in to be able to sleep at night. It's all the same. "Fake news". "Haters". "Whiners". "Losers". 

Even when it is proven to be 100%, undeniable fact that he's a liar, and that he lies about sacred things like dead American soldiers, they refuse to discuss it and move on to other things.

Ignore, deflect, live the lie. Do it long enough and you believe it. I'll credit trump for knowing that about his base. Not sure if he knows it about himself, but it doesn't matter. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's the warm blankie they can wrap themselves up in to be able to sleep at night. It's all the same. "Fake news". "Haters". "Whiners". "Losers". 

Even when it is proven to be 100%, undeniable fact that he's a liar, and that he lies about sacred things like dead American soldiers, they refuse to discuss it and move on to other things.

Ignore, deflect, live the lie. Do it long enough and you believe it. I'll credit trump for knowing that about his base. Not sure if he knows it about himself, but it doesn't matter. 

Another moron adding nothing to the discussion. 

Stay in left field.

6 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

You do just hate Trump. That’s why you’re blaming him for the abortion debate. It’s truly asinine. This would be the discussion despite if any other republican won.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

We know you hate Trump and his base to Loofy.

21 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Oh, that’s a very true point. You just don’t like it. 

Now you’re resorting to “very intelligent” twitter justice warriors. Sad.

22 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

15 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This would also be the discussion if any other conservative was  President. You’re acting like it’s uniquely becuase of Trump and his “base.”

Do you understand what Nola is saying here. I do not necessarily see Trump as conservative however.

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What valid points have you made? The only points you’ve tried to advance is that Trump and his base are behind this. Do you think other republican candidates would’ve appointed entirely different Justices who’s discernible views on issues such as these differ???

And if that’s not your intention (to act like the abortion debate is uniquely becuase of Trump), then what was it? Hell, you might as well have told us the sky is blue.

I think had another GOP candidate won, they’d still appoint conservative judges.  But another candidate didn’t win. So does it make sense to explore the hypotheticals of what Cruz, Rubio, or Bush would have done? 

Evangelicals supported a man whose entire life contradicts the teachings of their faith because of the 2-3 potential SCOTUS picks. This base wants Roe overturned as well as the rights of LGBT stripped. 

Anti abortion activists are gleeful about this SCOTUS appointment and activists are bracing for abortion fights on a state level. These appointees are Trump’s so disregarding him as irrelevant to the discussion is quite frankly, ignorance. 

Honestly, I hope your thinking is right and that it isn’t overturned. I think there are better ways to prevent abortions- like affordable healthcare, raising minimum wage, planned parenthood-all things which your party rails against. But I’m afraid we are heading towards a version of The Handmaid’s Tale. 

25 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Another moron adding nothing to the discussion.

And you calling people a moron would be adding to the discussion how?

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Now you’re resorting to “very intelligent” twitter justice warriors. Sad.

Oh yeah, I’m sure no one in the family values party has ever paid for a mistress’s abortion. 

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a12795017/tim-murphy-mistress-abortion/

3 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I think had another GOP candidate won, they’d still appoint conservative judges.  But another candidate didn’t win. So does it make sense to explore the hypotheticals of what Cruz, Rubio, or Bush would have done? 

Evangelicals supported a man whose entire life contradicts the teachings of their faith because of the 2-3 potential SCOTUS picks. This base wants Roe overturned as well as the rights of LGBT stripped. 

Anti abortion activists are gleeful about this SCOTUS appointment and activists are bracing for abortion fights on a state level. These appointees are Trump’s so disregarding him as irrelevant to the discussion is quite frankly, ignorance. 

Honestly, I hope your thinking is right and that it isn’t overturned. I think there are better ways to prevent abortions- like affordable healthcare, raising minimum wage, planned parenthood-all things which your party rails against. But I’m afraid we are heading towards a version of The Handmaid’s Tale. 

It doesn’t make sense to make this about the Executive, period. That’s kind of my point. This is about the ramifications of overturning federal law, and thereby shifting power to the states. You’re trying to make it about “abortion activists” and evangelicals (I guess that means everyone who is pro-life??), and how they hypocritically (per you) voted for Trump. This is a constant method of yours and it’s nothing new.

Discussing the ramifications of state regulated abortion laws doesn’t necessitate nor call for an argument about trump and evangelicals who voted for him. Honestly if you want to lecture us again on how evil trump is, as well as how evangelicals are all hypocrites, you’re wasting your time. We’ve heard this before from you.

For once, please try to carry a conversation without showering us with the same old stuff. This last post was better than others, I admit.

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And you calling people a moron would be adding to the discussion how?

I didn’t do it out of the blue. It was in response to an idiotic post.

4 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Oh yeah, I’m sure no one in the family values party has ever paid for a mistress’s abortion. 

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a12795017/tim-murphy-mistress-abortion/

How hard is this for you? You’re like a child, blabbering irrelevance. 

By all means, keep derailing the thread. You’re clearly incapable of staying in one lane.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It doesn’t make sense to make this about the Executive, period. That’s kind of my point. This is about the ramifications of overturning federal law, and thereby shifting power to the states. You’re trying to make it about “abortion activists” and evangelicals (I guess that means everyone who is pro-life??), and how they hypocritically (per you) voted for Trump. This is a constant method of yours and it’s nothing new.

Discussing the ramifications of state regulated abortion laws doesn’t necessitate nor call for an argument about trump and evangelicals who voted for him. Honestly if you want to lecture us again on how evil trump is, as well as how evangelicals are all hypocrites, you’re wasting your time. We’ve heard this before from you.

For once, please try to carry a conversation without showering us with the same old stuff. This last post was better than others, I admit.

It doesn’t matter what I say. You lock in to the “she hates Trump” retort. The executive branch makes the SCOTUS appointees so it is a factor, albeit one you seem to ignore. 

Evangelicals supporting Trump isn’t a hypothetical, it’s fact. Abortion being the cause for their support is also fact. I don’t know if you are a church goer or not but I can assure you that anti abortion messages are preached in pulpits across the country. This was a central factor in evangelical support for Trump. 

And I could say the same for you in regards to showering us with the same stuff. When facts are given you insult. When an opinion is expressed, you belittle. 

Archived