If Roe v. Wade gets overturned, it wouldn’t ban abortion

NolaAuTiger

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

And I can dig up a lot more, Salty. In short, characterizing abortion as murder, killing and innocent or some variation thereof is a common theme, even here. 

Well yeah, plenty of us believe abortion equates to killing a baby. Next time you need a “win,” can you just put it all in one post? ;)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Well yeah, plenty of us believe abortion equates to killing a baby. Next time you need a “win,” can you just put it all in one post? ;)

It’d take a bit longer with this disagreeable iPad.

Thank you for providing the most recent example. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re going to nitpick over the WAY it was posted? 

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And trust me, I have adjusted my life. There are many people who are no longer a part of my life as of late. 

I hope it is not because of their political stance. Many of my closest friends are staunch liberals, of course right leaning people are much more tolerant than leftist.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It’d take a bit longer with this disagreeable iPad.

Thank you for providing the most recent example. 

Not exactly young grasshopper. See, I said abortion equates to killing a baby. I didn’t say democrats are baby killers. Not all democrats support abortion. :) 

Sorry to rain on the parade.

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And I can dig up a lot more, Salty. In short, characterizing abortion as murder, killing an innocent or some variation thereof is a common theme, even here. 

Elle answered no Ben. Dig all night if that is what you like. You do do have tendency to keep old ammo in your closet. Worthless IMO. yesterday is gone and really doesn't matter

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Elle answered no Ben. Dig all night if that is what you like. You do do have tendency to keep old ammo in your closet. Worthless IMO. yesterday is gone and really doesn't matter

You said “here.” I gave you examples of “here.” Make of that what you will. 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Not exactly young grasshopper. See, I said abortion equates to killing a baby. I didn’t say democrats are baby killers. Not all democrats support abortion. :) 

Sorry to rain on the parade.

Nit picky ;)

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I hope it is not because of their political stance. Many of my closest friends are staunch liberals, of course right leaning people are much more tolerant than leftist.

No, it’s because of their hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just because it wasn’t specifically directed to me doesn’t mean it hadn’t happened. 

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What post were you referring to? You ok?

Actually I’m experiencing some physical pain similar to labor pains. I was referring to you requesting one post rather than several by @AUDub

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Actually I’m experiencing some physical pain similar to labor pains. I was referring to you requesting one post rather than several by @AUDub

Oh okay so you were just nitpicking at my alleged nitpicking? Cool.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Oh okay so you were just nitpicking at my alleged nitpicking? Cool.

I don’t think addressing nit picking is nit picking? 

26 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Says the person who wants to turn this into a trump debate. Ironic. 

Yeah I guess it doesn’t make any sense to bring up the sitting POTUS who is appointing judges to potentially overturn Roe v Wade even though that’s the subject of this thread. Next time you are the OP just leave me a list of responses that you don’t deem relevant to the topic. Or should I just operate under the understanding that if it is relevant then you’ll say it isn’t? 

18 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’m sorry that I don’t consider as legitimate the assertion that state regulation of abortion will lead to an epidemic of illegal abortions across America on the basis of transportation inconveniences.

That was never even a basis for implementing the federal regulatory regime. 

If that’s a primary concern for certain individuals then hopefully you, and others with bleeding hearts on this issue, will donate money for transportation purposes should states regain authority. By all means.

So an honest evaluation of the real life consequences of restrictive abortion laws is "illegitimate"?  :-\

And if your argument is they don't impose burdens on the women, then why have them in the first place?  What's the purpose if not to create obstacles for the woman?

You seem to have little understanding regarding the practical capabilities of transportation. 

Says the guy who probably owns a car and probably can afford the gas and probably doesn't work at a job he can't leave when he has to.  :-\

17 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Now I’m privileged becuase I think poor people can travel over state lines should abortion be illegal in certain states? Wow

No, you're privileged because you assume that doing so is just not a problem and apparently can't imagine how it could be.

Becuase I don’t believe that a vast number of women that might live in a state where abortion is banned will start aborting their babies themselves, instead of traveling to somewhere where it’s legal?

Sure, there could be instances, but I think your concern re the number of women who would all of a sudden do such a thing on that particular basis is quantitatively excessive. Don’t you imagine that the increase in DIY abortions would be significant?

To the woman who it affects directly it certainly would seem "quantitatively excessive".

Archived