Countdown to kick off!

ncaajunkie

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

It is such a good idea that I'm sure someone else has already done this but I could not find the information.

We need a list of all roster numbers along with players who have worn that number and the years.   I realize this gets more difficult since it is common to have two guys with the same number now but prior to that I don't recall that it was allowed.   Back in the day,  I remember guys wearing 48 and 49 for example....running backs or fullbacks but can't find the names in my memory.  ☹️

WHAT? You didn't save your game programs from back in the 60's?  ?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9CB679BE-758B-49BF-A537-A9B3937662C7.jpeg

22479417-CBEC-4C90-8003-06822EB29305.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

WHAT? You didn't save your game programs from back in the 60's?  ?

my mother threw them out along with my baseball cards and stamp collection....:)

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

my mother threw them out along with my baseball cards and stamp collection....:)

My first wife tossed my programs. However, Grandma saved my baseball cards! Several hundred, running from '54 to '57, with a few outliers on both ends. I can look at that beautiful '54 Topps card of Ted Williams and almost taste the bubble gum.

1531741347347519286510.jpg

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I can't believe 48 went by without a Stephen Davis posting... 

:wavey: I actually did yesterday with my post. 

I can't believe 48 went by without a Stephen Davis posting... 

Thanks...that was who I was trying to think of.....could not shake it out of my brain....He was as good as they come....under utilized maybe.....would have been the guy that Gus could have run 35 times a game and been fine with it....:)

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

:wavey: I actually did yesterday with my post. 

I totally missed that. He is my favorite Auburn RB ever that I saw with my own eyes... 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...that was who I was trying to think of.....could not shake it out of my brain....He was as good as they come....under utilized maybe.....would have been the guy that Gus could have run 35 times a game and been fine with it....:)

He was extremely under utilized. I remember Bowden would run him half a game. If he would of been used the entire game his senior season, I always felt he would of been a Heisman winner for us. He absolutely could of handled 30+ carries a game with his frame.. That's why I was so excited when we signed his son, only for him to transfer to USCe. Then he left their program, was allowed to come back, then left again. What a waste of talent...

I totally missed that. He is my favorite Auburn RB ever that I saw with my own eyes... 

He was extremely under utilized. I remember Bowden would run him half a game. If he would of been used the entire game his senior season, I always felt he would of been a Heisman winner for us. He absolutely could of handled 30+ carries a game with his frame.. That's why I was so excited when we signed his son, only for him to transfer to USCe. Then he left their program, was allowed to come back, then left again. What a waste of talent...

Sometimes the apple falls a little further away from the tree than we like.   

Stephen was a unique athlete...very big guy with great speed....in the mold of Bo and Hershel. I think. 

24+23 = 47!  Two of my all time favorites to watch get the ball! 

6190DFCE-F6CF-48CD-B8DB-AFFC9F886D2B.jpeg

1B9BAE5D-2891-457B-AA14-0F21949823FA.jpeg

E27E8085-6562-4EA5-80F0-7FD318779D2E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ncaajunkie said:

24+23 = 47!  Two of my all time favorites to watch get the ball! 

6190DFCE-F6CF-48CD-B8DB-AFFC9F886D2B.jpeg

I spend a lot of time thinking about how crazy it is that Bo freaking Jackson and Cam freaking Newton both played at Auburn, and how crazy Auburn FB is in general, but it's been awhile since I really took a minute to think about how crazy it is that these 2 guys shared our backfield (with Jason Campbell). I mean, jeez. What a beautiful and unusual thing that is. 

Georgia+v+Auburn+ufubft-69jNm.jpg

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I spend a lot of time thinking about how crazy it is that Bo freaking Jackson and Cam freaking Newton both played at Auburn, and how crazy Auburn FB is in general, but it's been awhile since I really took a minute to think about how crazy it is that these 2 guys shared our backfield (with Jason Campbell). I mean, jeez. What a beautiful and unusual thing that is. 

And if you go back a little further or a lot further depending on your age and Auburn had Joe Cribbs, James Brooks and William Andrews in the same backfield. These guys had something like 10 pro bowls between them. A Monday Night Football announcer made that point and wondered how Auburn did not win a NC during that time. It does make you wonder. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

And if you go back a little further or a lot further depending on your age and Auburn had Joe Cribbs, James Brooks and William Andrews in the same backfield. These guys had something like 10 pro bowls between them. A Monday Night Football announcer made that point and wondered how Auburn did not win a NC during that time. It does make you wonder. 

I know. Wasn't it about that time (~'79?, "80?) AU couldn't get a sniff on TV coverage either?

Nobody loves us.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

A Monday Night Football announcer made that point and wondered how Auburn did not win a NC during that time.

Easy answer - Doug Barfield.

329EBEB3-D4C5-456E-AD4C-C99D2D9AC61A.jpeg

5116E04F-C051-46D3-BDA0-9954DA4C0547.jpeg

D4684A2B-2EDB-4F5D-AE6E-17791EE9320D.jpeg

95575498.jpg

5FA855D9-DA2B-4748-9A69-309166450C2A.jpeg

Heath Evans bad ass full back!A291388C-2D49-45DC-BAA8-88FDE5DFB08D.jpeg

33C5ED8D-27BB-4043-9C8B-1CFC295D5767.png

1532054234447724376185.jpg.                                     Didn't post this one for any "likes". Just hope others post one of their favorite Lutz pics too. 

f32c509b659a17541a1cf10f573c7751.jpg

Alex Lincoln

C6093F1D-A4B3-464E-8D33-421F94733607.jpeg

Archived