Ryan Pugh vs Reese Dismukes

CameronCrazy

Who you got?

These are the best two Auburn centers I have seen in my lifetime. Is there anymore that need to be added to the debate of best Auburn center? 

Ben Tamburello.  Nuff said.  

Tamburello was recruited by Paul "Bear" Bryant to play college football for Alabama, but decided to play for Auburn. He played for the Tigers from 1983–1986. In 1986, he was named a unanimous All-American. He won the SEC Lineman of the Year award in 1986 and was named a team captain.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Tamburello

For me and my time as an AU fan, I’d also go with Tamburello. He was a rock star at the position. 

As for the op question, I got Pugh. Reese has the accolades for sure but my gut says Pugh. 

7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Shannon Robique was one of my favorites.

One of mine too

Between the two... Ryan Pugh.

But I'm on the Tamburello train. 

Bo might agree too ?.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

One of mine too

BB that offensive line I think was one of the best AU lines in my years of watching Auburn football ?

John Hudson.

Center with Reggie Slack and long snapper. Never lost to bama.

Played 12 years in the NFL.

Won a Super Bowl with the Ravens.

Seems like it's been a long time since AU put a Center into the NFL....some drafted or signed but have not stuck.

Some of you are forgetting Tom Banks.  All-Pro for many years.  Snapped for our first Heisman winner.  I guess most of you are probably just too young.  But he has to be No.1

12 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Which one got in the “altercation” with Reuben Foster?

Reese

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Reese

did he kick ruebs azz?

On 7/14/2018 at 4:35 PM, autan said:

Some of you are forgetting Tom Banks.  All-Pro for many years.  Snapped for our first Heisman winner.  I guess most of you are probably just too young.  But he has to be No.1

I remember Tom Banks very well. His father, Tom Banks Sr, was the head coach at John Carroll high school in Bham for many years. Tough as nails and so was his son.

WDE 

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

did he kick ruebs azz?

If I recall the murmurs were somebody used a racial slur and it wasn't Foster...

On 7/14/2018 at 9:18 PM, doug3020 said:

Which one got in the “altercation” with Reuben Foster?

Message board fans were pissed at Reese that night. Wanted him off the team. 

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If I recall the murmurs were somebody used a racial slur and it wasn't Foster...

I remember hearing Reese caught wind that Foster was planning on bailing on the recruiting weekend and taking some others with him to Tuscaloosa, and Dismukes called him out on it. 

56 minutes ago, Tiger said:

yes i understand that part i just wondered who won the fight or whatever?

On 7/14/2018 at 3:35 PM, autan said:

That would be my vote. Good buddies with his sister years ago.

Archived