10 wins this year?

gr82b4au

I think Auburn has only had back-to-back 10 win seasons 1 time in history (88 and 89). What are the chances we will win 10 games this year? Our away schedule is BRUTAL. Here is the schedule. It seems pretty easy to me... if we beat Washington, we will win 10 games. Washington is going to be really, really good. 

The lone open date on the schedule will be Oct. 27.

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta)
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State
Sept. 15: vs. LSU
Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M
Nov. 10: at Georgia
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty
Nov. 24: at Alabama

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think Auburn has only had back-to-back 10 win seasons 1 time in history (88 and 89). What are the chances we will win 10 games this year? Our away schedule is BRUTAL. Here is the schedule. It seems pretty easy to me... if we beat Washington, we will win 10 games. Washington is going to be really, really good. 

I think it will come down to the the bowl game. I base that on the fact that we haven’t done it back to back in 30 years. I believe there are several teams on our schedule who will be better than many are predicting. 

Yes.  I think we beat Wash (1), we win all home games (7), we beat Moo State and Ole Sis on the road (2), we beat UGA on the road-(1- they will greatly miss their 2 RB and they possibly have a QB controversy.) Don't know about UAT yet- but at least 11.

1 minute ago, 80Tiger said:

Yes.  I think we beat Wash (1), we win all home games (7), we beat Moo State and Ole Sis on the road (2), we beat UGA on the road-(1- they will greatly miss their 2 RB and they possibly have a QB controversy.) Don't know about UAT yet- but at least 11.

I like the way you think. I hope you are correct.

Honestly I will be shocked if we beat Washington. They are going to be elite this year and ss much as I like Gus as a coach, we have never started the season strong under Gus. So far he can't beat a good non-conference team. This is year 6 as head man and he yet to win a big bowl game or a big OOC game of any kind as a head coach. It is his biggest knock. 

But if we do beat Washington...watch out. 

It irritates the hell outta me that in the world of 12 regular season games in college ball, it's been 30 decades since Auburn has found a way to win 10 back to back.  :banghead:

Just like with some of CGM's tendencies, I'm going to have to see it with my own eyes to believe it will happen.  Back to back 10 wins is not some herculean task, yet it seems insurmountable for Auburn.

We will have a home game crowd wise vs Washington.  I think the disappointment of last year will be a jumping forward point with Stidham returning.  So even though Washington will be good the defense's should be ahead of the offense, giving AU the edge.  From there forward i think AU does not get challenged ( unless injury)  till they get to Ga. I am just not convinced Ms state or LSU has the complete packages to beat us.  Georgia  will be a tossup, and i believe bama will be too.   I know i have seen some saying 8-5, and some automatically saying 3 losses or more but i think if the injury bug stays away and we jell as an offense, we could be in the playoff.

Has any team ever lost 4 of 5 OL starters and came back to win double digit games? 

We have a QB

We have WRs

We have RBs that can run

Our OL is looking shaky as well as our pass protection from the RB spot.

Defensive front will be nasty

Defensive backfield shaky

I know no team is without deficiencies but to me it seems like poor OL is the worst weak spot to have (outside of QB). If you can't block you can't move the ball --> can't get first downs --> have to punt often --> defense keeps staying on the field --> eventually defense wears down --> give up points in critical moments --> everyone is cranky in the game thread lol

We have 7 for sure wins that this team should have. 10 wins is definitely possible. I don’t know if I consider it probable though..

3 games that really scare me:

UGA

UW 

Bama

Game we should win, but wouldn’t be surprised if we lose:

LSU

Texas A&M

32 minutes ago, lost said:

We will have a home game crowd wise vs Washington.  I think the disappointment of last year will be a jumping forward point with Stidham returning.  So even though Washington will be good the defense's should be ahead of the offense, giving AU the edge.  From there forward i think AU does not get challenged ( unless injury)  till they get to Ga. I am just not convinced Ms state or LSU has the complete packages to beat us.  Georgia  will be a tossup, and i believe bama will be too.   I know i have seen some saying 8-5, and some automatically saying 3 losses or more but i think if the injury bug stays away and we jell as an offense, we could be in the playoff.

Respectively disagree. I think history shows us that Auburn will definitely get  challenged by LSU and the aggies.

Just now, DAG said:

Respectively disagree. I think history shows us that Auburn will definitely get  challenged by LSU and the aggies.

New coaches--  we will see.  But with Gus all things are possible.  Who said he wasn't god...   lol

I’m gonna be super optimistic and say “Yes!”

I think we take care of business at home and go undefeated in the state of MS.  That’s 9 wins. We would just need one of udub, uga, bama, and bowl game to hit 10.  Two of those if we choke away one of those first 9. 

Udub makes me nervous (highly ranked OOCG on week one, yeah I don’t like our chances)

uga will be good, but I think we’ll be better.  I like our chances here.  Our guys will be motivated.  Of course, that time of year injuries will be a factor for either/both teams.

We play bama well when we have a good team. If we’re 9-2 or 10-1 going into this game it will be a dog fight!

Bowl game - who knows what kind of match up we’ll get and whether or not we finally show up for a bowl game?

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Has any team ever lost 4 of 5 OL starters and came back to win double digit games? 

We have a QB

We have WRs

We have RBs that can run

Our OL is looking shaky as well as our pass protection from the RB spot.

Defensive front will be nasty

Defensive backfield shaky

I know no team is without deficiencies but to me it seems like poor OL is the worst weak spot to have (outside of QB). If you can't block you can't move the ball --> can't get first downs --> have to punt often --> defense keeps staying on the field --> eventually defense wears down --> give up points in critical moments --> everyone is cranky in the game thread lol

We are replacing some studs, but we return more experience than some think. Horton, Harrell, and Tega all have several starts under their belt. And Driscoll has had a lot of experience versus some top talent, including SEC players.Talent is there, and a fair amount of experience. Key is how quickly Grimes can build the chemistry. 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thank you. LSU will get off the bus with a lot of future NFL talent, and so will the Aggies. Miss State will be better than advertised too. 

32 minutes ago, lost said:

New coaches--  we will see.  But with Gus all things are possible.  Who said he wasn't god...   lol

Unfortunately I can see us beating UW and Bama and then dropping one or two against LSU or The aggies. Ugh. Like that is completely not out of the realm of possibility .

I see 10 wins if the o-line is steady and we stay away from major injuries. I say we split Amen Corner and lose either to Washington or a team we definitely should beat. Another new year's six bowl to my dismay and hopefully the players show up and we win.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thank you. LSU will get off the bus with a lot of future NFL talent, and so will the Aggies. Miss State will be better than advertised too. 

FWIW preseason publications seem to think MSU is a real sleeper this year.

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

What the heck why? I am guessing because of what they are returning , specifically at QB?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What the heck why? I am guessing because of what they are returning , specifically at QB?

Yes, I believe personnel is the reason given.  Not sure I believe it, but we'll see.

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

And Morehead is quite a coach

• WarTiger changed the title to 10 wins this year?
50 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Saw one from Danny Sheridan that said we win 8 and that our d-line is "okay". Funny stuff. 

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And Morehead is quite a coach

We know how that goes...we don’t need anymore overachievers in this league. Hopefully the razorpigs are a bust. 

The talent is there.   The staff is there. It's really up to Gus.  If he can leave Chip alone, or get back to his pre Jeremy Johnson play calling then Gus well  be able  to accomplish 10 wins with ease.

Archived