10 wins this year?

gr82b4au

35 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Welll. Orgeron, an unproven qb, and Steve Ensminger as OC will also be exiting that bus. LSU will struggle to have a winning record this year

I hope you’re right. If they do have a losing record, it will be the first time in 18 years they have not won 8 or more games. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

History shows LSU has won just twice @ AU in the last 9 attempts. 2008 and 2012. Both against two of the worst teams in AU history. AU lost by a combined 7 points in those two games.

That game doesn't concern me in the least.

Yes and most of those games have been competitive , no? That was the point. 

I’m thinking 9-3. I don’t think we’ll beat UW for two reasons. 1) The curse of the stadium and 2) Gus against a really good coach to open the season. Basically, same theory I have for the bowl games w Gus. Give good coaches time and they’ll basically outcoach our coach. Also, too many unknowns on our OL and at TB to open the yr. Gus won’t know who to run up the middle 77 times against UW.....

I also think we lose at UGA and turdville. Unsure about Moo St. They have a new coach. If it was Mullen, I’d be antsy. Not sure about their new guy. 

Hope I’m wrong and we win 15. I’m holding my breath........nevermind. 

5 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

7 out of the last 9, they’ve been wins, no?

giphy.gif

And out of all those 9 games (Yes, wins and losses), see how many of them would be considered challenging, then come back and re-evaluate my post.

Nope. They'll beat Washington but lose to a team nobody saw coming. Could be LSU,  could be Miss. St.,  could be Ole Miss,  could be Liberty.

11 undefeated seasons (including consecutive undefeated seasons) yet back to back ten wins only once is odd. Course in Shug's day winning ten games MEANT going undefeated. Still...

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

11 undefeated seasons (including consecutive undefeated seasons) yet back to back ten wins only once is odd. Course in Shug's day winning ten games MEANT going undefeated. Still...

11 undefeated seasons and only 2 recognizable National Championships is crazy. I know a couple of those were early and 3-0 type seasons but still it's a curious stat that probably only Auburn could pull off. 

This team will be better than last years. I hate the negativity going around in this thread. We have one of the Best QBs and the best DL in the SEC. The back end of the D should be better as well. The players will also be more comfortable in coach Lindsey’s offense than they were last season and JS willl have tons of weapons. Just because we’re unsure of the OL doesn’t mean we don’t have the talent to compete. It’s just a work in progress. Geez 

On 7/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, AUsince72 said:

Yes, I believe personnel is the reason given.  Not sure I believe it, but we'll see.

i believe many claim their d will be much better.

i think we can win ten games. it will be hard  but gus is used to chip and also stidham so they should both make progress. and fair or not i always though hand was part of the problem in early games but then i am only a fan and not a coach. i think our o line will be much better under grimes plus we got that transfer kid on the o line and i hear he is really good. i do not think we have a problem at rb even tho i expect kam will be hurt a lot and expect others to play more. also we got supposedly a great punter coming in. also i would bet the house our new AD addressed the slow starts under gus.

and i think we all agree the d will be pretty nasty. if steele had been our d  coach in 2013 we win another natty but there again that is just my opinion. if we do not run out of gas or have overwhelming injuries at the end of the season it is possible we surprise folks. so lets bring the pain, misery, and suffering to our opponents. and as the rock says shut your hole and know your role. lol   i might have to eat crow on that but i just got a good feeling. we did beat two number one teams back to back. i think injuries hurt us in the last two games last year.

48 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This team will be better than last years. I hate the negativity going around in this thread. We have one of the Best QBs and the best DL in the SEC. The back end of the D should be better as well. The players will also be more comfortable in coach Lindsey’s offense than they were last season and JS willl have tons of weapons. Just because we’re unsure of the OL doesn’t mean we don’t have the talent to compete. It’s just a work in progress. Geez 

Can you quote anywhere in this thread where anybody said we didn’t have the talent to compete? In fact , can you even go further and highlight what negativity you are suggesting? I haven’t seen any negativity . I have seen realistic expectations with reasons behind such rationale. 

question and did not want to start a new thread. if we beat bama again this year do the turds start grumbling about saban being over the hill? plus i would love to beat some good teams more than once eevery other year.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

question and did not want to start a new thread. if we beat bama again this year do the turds start grumbling about saban being over the hill? plus i would love to beat some good teams more than once eevery other year.

IMO Saban will lose interest in coaching before he would be considered over the hill. He has proven he is fluid by adapting to the game like water takes the shape of any container. It doesn't matter what shape the pool is, water can be lethal if you aren't careful. 

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

IMO Saban will lose interest in coaching before he would be considered over the hill. He has proven he is fluid by adapting to the game like water takes the shape of any container. It doesn't matter what shape the pool is, water can be lethal if you aren't careful. 

I hoping he retires sooner rather than later. As soon as he passes bear Bryant for national titles I think he gone. 

Chip Lindsey round II will be a more dynamic offense that is going to be hard for defenses to deal with. I think Gus has learned to trust Chip and will give him more leeway than 2017. Gus can be stubborn, but I think his learning curve will be seen this season. Gus hates to lose as much as little Satan, and will do something about it this season. I think we unload on LSU and will  poke holes all through Aranda's defense.

Every game is winnable. Worst scenario would see us going 8-5 and I think there are wins that will happen out of the possible 5 loses such as LSU, Washington, bammer, and Kirby's little puppies. 10-2 is likely and wins beyond 10 could happen.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I hoping he retires sooner rather than later. As soon as he passes bear Bryant for national titles I think he gone. 

Agree he is waiting to pass Bear.

Have to get something off my chest. Plenty of prognosticators have penciled in UGA and Bama as the two teams to meet in the sec championship and is widely expected among the nation. We have to beat Bama this year too. If we're really about changing the winning culture around here it's about time we beat them in consecutive years. Let's face it, we are the only team that has a legit chance to beat them this year. Their schedule is easy as crap. They get Lousiville after Jackson is gone and we get Washington when they're a playoff contender. We can't have another good year and then falter the next year.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Have to get something off my chest. Plenty of prognosticators have penciled in UGA and Bama as the two teams to meet in the sec championship and is widely expected among the nation. We have to beat Bama this year too. If we're really about changing the winning culture around here it's about time we beat them in consecutive years. Let's face it, we are the only team that has a legit chance to beat them this year. Their schedule is easy as crap. They get Lousiville after Jackson is gone and we get Washington when they're a playoff contender. We can't have another good year and then falter the next year.

And until the east rebuilds, they will draw Tenn every year as we draw UGA. It’s part of the beast and over the last decade or so, we’ve had a tough run of it. I do think that we have become better equipped to handle our schedule over the last 5 years, but it’s still gonna be a tough task. Hoping we have 2010 type surprises versus 2015 type surprises this year!

On 7/15/2018 at 12:55 AM, DAG said:

giphy.gif

And out of all those 9 games (Yes, wins and losses), see how many of them would be considered challenging, then come back and re-evaluate my post.

“Challenged” You sound like a bammer circa 2000-2007. 

I guess we “challenged” Clemson, LSU and UCF. And don’t forget Georgia in ATL for 2 1/2 quarters. Whoo hoo! Man you just made my day!

It depends on what happens with the offensive line. We were hardly dominating up front last season and lost our best. We have a new coach, but we weren't exactly a consistently dominating force his last tour either. I fear we may have our weakest backfield in years. Stidham should be improved, but will he have the playbook to make a difference and will he have time to make throws? We caught a few teams off-guard with the expansion of the short passing game last season, but the success UGA had adjusting to that in the championship game makes me hope we've worked on some new wrinkles in the off-season. If the line gels early, we could get 10. If the line struggles, we may not win 8. 

6 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It depends on what happens with the offensive line. We were hardly dominating up front last season and lost our best. We have a new coach, but we weren't exactly a consistently dominating force his last tour either. 

Easy to go glass half whatever on that, for sure. 

I happen to think our overall talent + experience (Horton and Harrell with another year each) + coaching is better, so that gives me hope. Just nervous about the center position. But that hasn't been a position of strength since 2014 so that could theoretically improve, too. 

Re: Auburn O/U at 9 wins

"I love this Auburn team and I took them on futures at +3000 also. Those odds are obviously as high as they are because you-know-who is in their division. 

I think Jarrett Stidham is the best QB in the SEC and they should have a solid, although somewhat new offensive line again this year. Kam Martin should give them a solid running game again even though Kerryon Johnson is a huge loss as he moves on to the NFL. 

The defensive line is the other reason I love this team and once again it should be one of the best in the nation with three starters returning. A great D-line will help you go places in the SEC. It’s also helped Auburn be a profitable UNDER bet at home in Gus Malzahn’s five seasons at Auburn at 15-21 O/U. 

Pick: OVER (despite a nasty schedule that includes Washington, Georgia and Alabama)"

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/jonny-oddssharks-sec-west-2018-season-win-total-picks-0

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Tiger said:

Has any team ever lost 4 of 5 OL starters and came back to win double digit games? 

We have a QB

We have WRs

We have RBs that can run

Our OL is looking shaky as well as our pass protection from the RB spot.

Defensive front will be nasty

Defensive backfield shaky

I know no team is without deficiencies but to me it seems like poor OL is the worst weak spot to have (outside of QB). If you can't block you can't move the ball --> can't get first downs --> have to punt often --> defense keeps staying on the field --> eventually defense wears down --> give up points in critical moments --> everyone is cranky in the game thread lol

I would usually agree with the OL, but I'm not so quick to rule out the possibility that the OL will be just fine this time. Although we lose starters, we return a lot of guys that have been with the team for a while. Mike Horton and Marquell Harrell have both been in the works for a long time and I think we'll see the fruits of their labor this year. Prince Tega is being raved about and it I'm also expecting Calvin Ashley to begin to come into form. Driscoll, Kim, Troxell, Brahms, Sharp, Carr and Hamm are other guys that we could try out along the line. While the line will not have been together for much game play, I think the bodies and talent we will have will be serviceable enough to get us through the first few games and begin to round into form by mid season.

I also saw Wilson Bell is still on the roster for this year. Is that true or is that a misprint?

40 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

“Challenged” You sound like a bammer circa 2000-2007. 

I guess we “challenged” Clemson, LSU and UCF. And don’t forget Georgia in ATL for 2 1/2 quarters. Whoo hoo! Man you just made my day!

Yes, yes we did. Thanks for playing.

Archived